Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Live Updates From Georgia's Special Election

Live Updates From Georgia's Special Election

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

538's seems the fastest to update so far:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog...ial-elections/

Wow. 50/50 at 8:35pm EST. Polls closed at 7pm.

Odds of a recount?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Wow. 50/50 at 8:35pm EST. Polls closed at 7pm.

Odds of a recount?
    Cobb County is expected to be heavy for Handel, probably enough to win by 2.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Cobb County is expected to be heavy for Handel, probably enough to win by 2.
    I haven't been keeping up. From what I understand spending on this special election reached new heights.

Ballgame. Republicans win. It looks like it is going to be a much more comfortable win than expected.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I haven't been keeping up. From what I understand spending on this special election reached new heights.

About 50% of that is from outside groups

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Ballgame. Republicans win. It looks like it is going to be a much more comfortable win than expected.
    Yay?

Dems made a stupid gamble on a solid R seat figuring enough money could by it. Ossoff didn't even live in the district.

But this election doesn't mean anything for liberty.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Nothing like moneyed interests influencing elections now is there? SMDH. There is no "fixing" this system excepting the fixing done by special interest.

I've seen reports saying its up to 60 mill now. Insane.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Yeah, that chart was from 3 weeks ago.

Dems made a stupid gamble on a solid R seat figuring enough money could by it. Ossoff didn't even live in the district.

But this election doesn't mean anything for liberty.
    No. It doesn't.

How many charities could have used that kinda funding?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How many charities could have used that kinda funding?
    Well, I could.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

I would have donated and phone banked for Suzanimal if she was running.

She would have been a perfect unity candidate. Missed opportunity.

Don't lose, vote for Suz.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Karen Handel (Republican) 52.6% 118,373
    Jon Ossoff (Democratic) 47.4% 106,733
    172 of 208 (83%) Precincts Reporting, 225,106 Total Votes

https://www.conservativereview.com/a...n-results-live
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

How will he ever show his face in that district again?

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    How will he ever show his face in that district again?
    He won't have to. That's the beauty of running somewhere where you don't live.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Sticking it to CNN is always a bonus with a win.

And they will claim another "moral" victory.
    I wish them many such victories, especially when the civil war comes.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Handel was a Chamber of Commerce Republican with no OOMPH factor and still won by a fair margin.

She would have been a perfect unity candidate. Missed opportunity.

Don't lose, vote for Suz.
    I don't live in that district, either. I live in the 10th district but I do like the the campaign slogan. Sadly, I doubt I'm one of the elect.

BTW, folks who live in that district are glad this is over. Many put up signs asking door knockers to leave them alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I don't live in that district, either. I live in the 10th district but I do like the the campaign slogan. Sadly, I doubt I'm one of the elect.

BTW, folks who live in that district are glad this is over. Many put up signs asking door knockers to leave them alone.
    If you want to run let us know. The knowledge base and fundraising here would let you make a good run of it.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post

Sticking it to CNN is always a bonus with a win.
    https://www.sadtrombone.com/

If you want to run let us know. The knowledge base and fundraising here would let you make a good run of it.
    Thank you. I actually considered running for an unopposed city council seat but the thought of being a politician, gives me hives. *shudders* Plus, I don't want people all up in my business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Thank you. I actually considered running for an unopposed city council seat but the thought of being a politician, gives me hives. *shudders* Plus, I don't want people all up in my business.
    And THAT is why we all just bitch and moan. I'm not saying this as a put down. Just the honest truth! Glen is a superstar in my world.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast