Thread: How the Democrats Lost Their Way on Immigration

How the Democrats Lost Their Way on Immigration

Pete never mentions how the entire party was just plain hijacked and pirated.... an inside job.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...ticle-comments

In 2005, a left-leaning blogger wrote, “Illegal immigration wreaks havoc economically, socially, and culturally; makes a mockery of the rule of law; and is disgraceful just on basic fairness grounds alone.” In 2006, a liberal columnist wrote that “immigration reduces the wages of domestic workers who compete with immigrants” and that “the fiscal burden of low-wage immigrants is also pretty clear.” His conclusion: “We’ll need to reduce the inflow of low-skill immigrants.” That same year, a Democratic senator wrote, “When I see Mexican flags waved at proimmigration demonstrations, I sometimes feel a flush of patriotic resentment. When I’m forced to use a translator to communicate with the guy fixing my car, I feel a certain frustration.”

The blogger was Glenn Greenwald. The columnist was Paul Krugman. The senator was Barack Obama.
    FJB

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    Pete never mentions how the entire party was just plain hijacked and pirated.... an inside job.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...ticle-comments

1) Glenn Greenwald has changed a lot. He was very pro-Iraq war, pro-Afghanistan war, and a staunch supporter of the security state
    2) Paul Krugman has amended his views as the immigration imbalance has disappeared.
    3) Obama was, in context, condemning the bigotry we have towards illegal immigrants.