Thread: Do people with government jobs pay taxes?

Do people with government jobs pay taxes?

Or do taxes pay them?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Government workers notoriously work for small wages and should get discounts when purchasing things. Brotherhoods and fraternities need to solicit money from nongovernment workers to help pickup the slack for shortfalls.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Government workers notoriously work for small wages and should get discounts when purchasing things. Brotherhoods and fraternities need to solicit money from nongovernment workers to help pickup the slack for shortfalls.
    OMG they ask for them. "Do you have a military / law enforcement / government discount?" Yeah you drive a car that literally costs more than my house. Let me honor you more.

I swear, the next time I get pulled over I'm going to ask if I can get a government discount.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    OMG they ask for them. "Do you have a military / law enforcement / government discount?" Yeah you drive a car that literally costs more than my house. Let me honor you more.

I swear, the next time I get pulled over I'm going to ask if I can get a government discount.
    The local Sheriffs salary is 2.3 times the most I ever made running a mnfg plant .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    The local Sheriffs salary is 2.3 times the most I ever made running a mnfg plant .
    You must understand the full picture. Taxes much more. Expenses. Emotional turmoil for working in a life and death environment. No amount of money can aptly compensate our public servants. Working for the government is not a job it is a calling.

Quote Originally Posted by inthehall View Post
    Or do taxes pay them?
    Both.

Quote Originally Posted by inthehall View Post
    Do people with government jobs pay taxes? Or do taxes pay them?
    Ask Zippy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    You must understand the full picture. Taxes much more. Expenses. Emotional turmoil for working in a life and death environment. No amount of money can aptly compensate our public servants. Working for the government is not a job it is a calling.
    Out of ammo but +rep

In particular I think TSA employees should get paid way more than they do now

Its the least we can do for all they do for us
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.