Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NY Times Op-Ed: Deport Americans, Invite Migrants

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I'm south of the Mason Dixon.
    Sarcasm font was busted. We would use Super Mega Extreme Vetting anyway and I am certain you would do fine. 😀

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    As far as group membership, you appear to be taking the neoconservative label personally.
    No, I just think that the idea that statism is contrary to neoconservativism makes no sense whatsoever. Neoconservativism is a specific flavor of statism, not an opposing concept.
    Last edited by TheCount; 06-21-2017 at 07:12 AM.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Monetization of debt and interventionist foreign policy that creates its own enemies. The argument is we won't be able to afford the competing policies forever, and that one will give eventually, either a huge collapse or a huge amount of blowback.
    Those are complimentary policies, not competing. Monetization of debt enables warfare/welfare spending.

They are unsustainable in the long run, but it has been a very long run so far, and may continue for a long time.

Anyway, off-topic from OP discussion of neoconservatives wanting to deport deplorable natives and import more pliable workers/voters.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    So the neoconservative position is "anti-Statist"?

In the most simplistic (and not terribly enlightening) view, anything and everything done by government is "statist". The neoconservative goal is one world government. How can that be anti-Statist?
    In other words, neoconservatives generally want more immigration and more open borders.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Not sure what to tell you; maybe you should start examining individual concepts rather than seeking group membership and trying to decide which team's jerseys look the best.
    The individual issue is immigration, and neoconservatives want more.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    No, I just think that the idea that statism is contrary to neoconservativism makes no sense whatsoever. Neoconservativism is a specific flavor of statism, not an opposing concept.
    You just said to focus on one issue. If that one issue is immigration, neoconservatives want more of it. Is it statist or anti-statist to fight for more immigration?

I'll take Bret Stevens suggestion to deport deplorable Americans as hyperbole, and not a serious suggestion, even if it is truly a wet dream of his.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

The liberal mouthpieces aren't even hiding it anymore.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12