Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NY Times Op-Ed: Deport Americans, Invite Migrants

NY Times Op-Ed: Deport Americans, Invite Migrants

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...vite-migrants/

by NEIL MUNRO 18 Jun 2017

America belongs to immigrants because immigrants make the nation more powerful, says a former Wall Street Journal writer who is now working for the New York Times.
    Immigrants produce more babies, work harder, create more jobs, and have more ideas, claims the revealing column by immigration-advocate Bret Stephens:

I speak of Americans whose families have been in this country for a few generations. Complacent, entitled and often shockingly ignorant on basic points of American law and history, they are the stagnant pool in which our national prospects risk drowning…

Bottom line: So-called real Americans are screwing up America. Maybe they should leave, so that we can replace them with new and better ones: newcomers who are more appreciative of what the United States has to offer, more ambitious for themselves and their children, and more willing to sacrifice for the future. In other words, just the kind of people we used to be — when “we” had just come off the boat…

I’m the child of immigrants and grew up abroad, I have always thought of the United States as a country that belongs first to its newcomers — the people who strain hardest to become a part of it because they realize that it’s precious; and who do the most to remake it so that our ideas, and our appeal, may stay fresh.

That used to be a cliché, but in the Age of [President Donald] Trump it needs to be explained all over again. We’re a country of immigrants — by and for them, too. Americans who don’t get it should get out.

Stephens’ article includes several apples-to-orange statistical flubs, plus grotesque generalizations, and regurgitated business-funded agitprop. For example, Stephens says the United States “is a country of immigrants” even though roughly 84 percent of people living in the United States were born in the United States — despite the elite-backed huge influx of immigrants over the last few decades. Similarly, Stephens treats immigrants as a uniform mass, as if he believes that migrating MS-13 gang members are as beneficial as are freedom-seeking inventors.

But the article’s main feature is the progressive view that people — Americans, foreigners, gang-bangers, whatever — should be selected by the all-powerful State to serve the State’s high-IQ progressive leadership class in D.C. and Wall Street.

That view is shared by former President Barack Obama, who told supporters in November 2014 that:

Sometimes we get attached to our particular tribe, our particular race, our particular religion, and then we start treating other folks differently. And that, sometimes, has been a bottleneck to how we think about immigration. If you look at the history of immigration in this country, each successive wave, there have been periods where the folks who were already here suddenly say, ‘Well, I don’t want those folks’ — even though the only people who have the right to say that are some Native Americans.

That government-first view allows Stephens to ignore the Declaration of Independence which declared that people’s rights came from a higher source than government: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”

The elitist view also allows Stephens to welcome mass immigration because — not despite, but because — it hugely distorts the nation’s economy in favor of elite business leaders and major cities.

Mass immigration spikes profits and stock values by cutting salaries for manual and skilled labor offered by blue-collar and white-collar employees, drives up real estate prices, reduces high-tech investment, increases state and local tax burdens, and sidelines marginalized Americans and their families. Mass immigration also imposes the social “diversity” which helps Stephens and his allies as they claim a Darwinian right to fragment, divide and rule Americans without any rude interference by the voters on November 8, 2016.

In contrast, President Donald Trump won his 2016 campaign on a promise to put Americans first. He told his inauguration listeners that he would hold to a policy of “Buy American, Hire American,” he has started enforcing immigration laws and is pushing for a “merit-based” immigration plan that would raise the productivity and wealth of Americans.

Read the New York Times column here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Deport ALL of NY City!

Start over.

Prominent neoconservative:

Bret Stephens is a columnist for the New York Times who previously worked at the Wall Street Journal and the neoconservative flagship magazine Commentary.[1] A promoter of aggressive “pro-Israel” U.S. foreign policies, Stephens also previously worked as editor of the rightist Jerusalem Post and has appeared frequently on Fox News.[2]
    http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Stephens_Bret/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Be a good sport now ol' chum & GTFO!

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

I’m the child of immigrants and grew up abroad, I have always thought of the United States as a country that belongs first to its newcomers
    Just another example of how children of immigrants are prone to being more radical, extreme and confused about their loyalties.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Just another example of how children of immigrants are prone to being more radical, extreme and confused about their loyalties.
    The country was sold to bankers in 1913. What difference does it make at this point?

Worth a watch.

Anyone is free to try and deport me.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Deport ALL of NY City!

Start over.
    Seconded. At least clean out south of the Mason Dixon.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    Seconded. At least clean out south of the Mason Dixon.
    I'm south of the Mason Dixon.

But the article’s main feature is the progressive view that people — Americans, foreigners, gang-bangers, whatever — should be selected by the all-powerful State
    This is the alt-right view as well.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Bret Stephens was the guy who debated Rand on MSNBC about the war in Yemen. He only had 30 seconds of talking points so he had to repeat everything twice.

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    This is the alt-right view as well.
    This.

This is not a progressive view, it is a statist one. The only difference between the far left and the alt right on this topic is which type of person is the chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Worth a watch.

So someone is doing new versions of the old Daily Show interviews...

Was it edited as heavily as the Daily Show was, or was this kid just that dense?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    This.

This is not a progressive view, it is a statist one. The only difference between the far left and the alt right on this topic is which type of person is the chosen one.
    So the neoconservative position is "anti-Statist"?

In the most simplistic (and not terribly enlightening) view, anything and everything done by government is "statist". The neoconservative goal is one world government. How can that be anti-Statist?

In the most simplistic (and not terribly enlightening) view, anything and everything done by government is "statist". The neoconservative goal is one world government. How can that be anti-Statist?
    Maybe its like how Rand Paul is against big government even though he works for the big government

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by milgram View Post
    Bret Stephens was the guy who debated Rand on MSNBC about the war in Yemen. He only had 30 seconds of talking points so he had to repeat everything twice.
    I am confused , I thought the article said by Neil Munro , but he died in 1930 .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Worth a watch.

Just shoot me
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Maybe its like how Rand Paul is against big government even though he works for the big government
    Even in a minimal US government, there would still be a Congress.

Even in a minimal US government, there would still be a Congress.
    Ron Paul basically says that the main two competing "policies" are philosophically self-defeating and will collapse on there own. I had someone argue this on reddit to me a few years ago a lot better then I can, but basically it was Ron Paul's premise on steroids. They told me that the neoconservative choice which was Romney was the best poison pill because it would ultimately lead to the destruction of the state and the deep state with it. Lots of Trump supporters made this argument too, while claiming Trump was Ron Paul on steroids.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Prominent neoconservative:
    EVERY SINGLE TIME..............

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Deport ALL of NY City!

Start over.
    To be honest, New York is one of the most segregated cities ever. This is why liberals want to keep protecting different groups of people. They are afraid of poverty. I would rather live around people who are short on money than people who are short on soul.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Secession is the answer.

Exodus 9:13

“And the LORD said unto Moses, Rise up early in the morning, and stand before Pharaoh, and say unto him, Thus saith the LORD God of the Hebrews, Let my people go, that they may serve me.”

King James Version (KJV)
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron Paul basically says that the main two competing "policies" are philosophically self-defeating and will collapse on there own. I had someone argue this on reddit to me a few years ago a lot better then I can, but basically it was Ron Paul's premise on steroids. They told me that the neoconservative choice which was Romney was the best poison pill because it would ultimately lead to the destruction of the state and the deep state with it. Lots of Trump supporters made this argument too, while claiming Trump was Ron Paul on steroids.
    Not sure that I've heard Ron Paul talk like that. What are these two competing "policies"?

It's kinda like how I haven't filed Federal taxes in 6 yrs. but still take V.A. care.

Not sure that I've heard Ron Paul talk like that. What are these two competing "policies"?
    Monetization of debt and interventionist foreign policy that creates its own enemies. The argument is we won't be able to afford the competing policies forever, and that one will give eventually, either a huge collapse or a huge amount of blowback.

Not sure what to tell you; maybe you should start examining individual concepts rather than seeking group membership and trying to decide which team's jerseys look the best.
    Last edited by TheCount; 06-20-2017 at 11:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Not sure what to tell you; maybe you should start examining individual concepts rather than seeking group membership and trying to decide which team's jerseys look the best.
    You have to look at the forest and the trees, otherwise you will end up being somebody's useful idiot.

As far as group membership, you appear to be taking the neoconservative label personally.

You have to look at the forest and the trees, otherwise you will end up being somebody's useful idiot.
    Spoken like a lumberjack.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast