Thread: WA - Woman calls 911 for help, cops show up and kill her in front of her kids

Exclamation WA - Woman calls 911 for help, cops show up and kill her in front of her kids

Do not call cops...circular force continuum...sigh...why do I bother...?

Pregnant Mom Calls 911 for Help, Police Show Up, Kill Her in Front of Her Kids

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/pre...ll-front-kids/

A community is now mourning the loss of their beloved friend and family member whose 911 call ended tragically after police gunned her down.

Seattle, WA — On Sunday, a pregnant mother’s 911 call to police ended tragically after cops showed up to her home and killed her.

A community is now mourning the loss of Charleena Lyles whose three children will now grow up without their mom.

Earlier this month, Lyles, 30, called police because she feared her ex-boyfriend may try to harm her. Lyles, who reportedly suffers from mental health issues, was arrested during that call for allegedly arming herself with a pair of scissors. After the arrest, she was released under the condition that she get some help with her mental health issues.

On Sunday, Lyles called the police again — this time, to report an attempted burglary. The officers who responded to the mother’s 911 call this time, however, were apparently less accommodating when it came to dealing with a mentally ill woman. When officers saw Lyles, armed with a knife, two of them opened fire and killed her.

Why Lyles had a knife is unclear. However, if she was suffering from delusions, she could have simply feared the police after they showed up. How or why police shot is still unclear, with the department only stating that officers were ‘confronted’ by a woman with a knife.

“Officers were confronted by a 30-year-old woman armed with a knife,” the department wrote on its web blotter. “Both officers fired their duty weapons, striking the woman.

On their website, police noted that both officers had less lethal options available, however, they did not use them.

“Both officers were equipped with less lethal force options, per department policy. All Seattle police officers receive Crisis Intervention Training,” the statement read.

On Monday, police released the audio file from the officer’s dashcam. From listening to the audio, it appears officers only took a few seconds after seeing Lyles with a knife, before killing her.

The audio file depicts the conversation between the officers just prior to contacting the caller as they discuss the history of the residence and their concerns. The audio also captured some of the interaction with the caller prior to the rapid development of the use of force incident. Please note that all names as well as the caller’s address and telephone number have been redacted.

“There were several children inside the apartment at the time of the shooting, but they were not injured,” the department said.

“They are being cared for by other family members at this time.”

“Why couldn’t they have Tased her? They could have taken her down. I could have taken her down,” said Monika Williams, Lyles’ sister.

According to Lyles family, she was a small and harmless woman who did not need to be shot.

“She was not a person you would fear or feel intimidated by,” Domico Jones, Lyles brother said.

“There’s no reason for her to be shot in front of her babies,” Williams yelled at reporters. “The Seattle police shot the wrong one today.”

According to the Seattle Times, King County Jail records indicate Lyles was arrested and booked into jail June 5 for obstruction of a public official and two counts of harassment filed in Seattle Municipal Court. She was released conditionally June 14. Details of the June 5 incident were not immediately available.

According to Lyles family, the 30-year-old mother of three had been suffering from her mental illness for approximately a year. Her family told reporters they had tried to get her help.

For now, Lyles’ family is trying to keep her children, one of whom has down syndrome and requires round-the-clock care, from going to the state. Sadly, her children being taken by the state was one of Lyles’ biggest fears, according to her family.

Dozens of family members and friends gathered at her apartment complex Sunday evening to hold a vigil for Lyle. They chalked her name on the pavement while still in disbelief that something like this could happen.

“Each time she called, it cost her something,” said Wanda Cockerhern, a cousin. “This time it cost her her life.”

“It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “Both officers were equipped with less lethal force options, per department policy. All Seattle police officers receive Crisis Intervention Training,
    The audio file depicts the conversation between the officers just prior to contacting the caller as they discuss the history of the residence and their concerns.
    So they knew she was mentally unstable and the only plan for deescalation they had was lethal force. What kind of $#@!ing training are they giving these $#@!s? *rhetorical*
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Do not call cops...circular force continuum...sigh...why do I bother...?
    Because you're a good man. Sometimes it feel like we're preaching to the choir BUT look at all the visitors who never comment or log in. Hopefully, they take your warnings to heart and it saves a life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Oh no, the pregnant woman has a knife... Open fire fellas...

What the $#@!, what the actual $#@!... Are these guys pussies or murderous psychopaths pretending to be cops.

What is this police force teaching as SOP?

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    So they knew she was mentally unstable and the only plan for deescalation they had was lethal force. What kind of $#@!ing training are they giving these $#@!s? *rhetorical*
    Quote Originally Posted by DGambler View Post
    What is this police force teaching as SOP?
    Almost all police forces are being trained this way now...it's been a while, so I bumped the thread, and will re-post my OP below.

It's called the Circular Force Continuum.

tl;dr - Officer safety is priority number one. That is at the center of the circle. Every means of force is around him. He can use whatever he feels like to ensure "officer safety". In the real world, that means a cop can blow you away for looking at him funny, and he will be legally justified.

The Circular Force Continuum.

From an article printed in the SLC Tribune.

‘Officers may use any force available’

The Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) division of the Utah Department of Safety oversees, directly or indirectly, the basic training of all police recruits in Utah. At its four-month academy, cadets are introduced to the use-of-force continuum, a diagram showing officer force options — simply showing up at the scene; verbal commands, touching or holding a subject, pepper spray, police dogs, baton, Taser, or deadly force — arrayed in a circle for the officer’s selection.

"Officers may use any force available provided they can justify the reasonableness of force used," the manual states.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/1842489-1...outpacing-gang
    The CFC maintains that a cop can use whatever force he deems reasonable to ensure his safety, including deadly force.

What that means in the real world is a cop can blow you away for twitching funny, making "furtive movements" or "menacing staring".

And the "reasonableness" of his action will be determined by...fellow cops.

This is the driving force behind so many of these police killings we are seeing now.

Years ago, the force continuum was "vertical", meaning that a cop could only one level of force above what was being against him.

The CFC has been adopted by many police forces across the country, and the pressure to do so comes from two directions:

One is the feds, who have been pushing this, post 9/11 through the training guidelines passed down through the local "fusion centers"

The second is the lawyers for both police and the towns that employ them. It is cheaper to blow you away than risk having to pay multiple injury and insurance claims and lawsuits if a cop gets hurt taking you down physically.

Put very simply: it costs more to pay for a cop's broken back than your corpse.

This, more than anything else, is why you need to avoid cops at all costs.

Never call a cop for "help" - that is not their job. Their job is to $#@! people up and put them in jail.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 06-20-2017 at 07:08 AM.

Because you're a good man. Sometimes it feel like we're preaching to the choir BUT look at all the visitors who never comment or log in. Hopefully, they take your warnings to heart and it saves a life.
    Thanks.

But I wonder how many visitors skip over threads rated as "terrible" by whoever the one star $#@! is on this board that is too $#@!ing scared to make their point in the open?

I wonder if they did time in the ME. More and more I think that veterans should be excluded from the police force.

y was i not surprised seeing this topic
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Seriously? Who would one star this thread. Chickenshits.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    That feature should be made public.
    "The Patriarch"

I see they got you the other day as well.

I see they got you the other day as well.
    I'm sure, I don't pay attention but it's a chicken $#@! option if your vote isn't made public. Lol, I can see them scurrying around the site with beady little eyes one starring threads....
    "The Patriarch"

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?511862-Starring-threads&p=6486433#post6486433
    “…I believe that at this point in history, the greatest danger to our freedom and way of life comes from the reasonable fear of omniscient State powers kept in check by nothing more than policy documents.”

Sometimes it feel like we're preaching to the choir BUT look at all the visitors who never comment or log in. Hopefully, they take your warnings to heart and it saves a life.
    Yeah, I agree. Also, I see numerous questions on Yahoo Answers such as these:

My brother is smoking weed and acting like a dick. Should I call the cops?

My mother sells weed on the side to make ends meet. I know we need money, but I hear it's wrong. Should I report her?

My 15 year old son won't behave. Should I call the police on him?

These questions above are paraphrased, but they are actual questions. Some are asked by kids as young as 13 years old. These are people who have little life experience or are totally bamboozled by Just Us. I answer these questions with a resounding NO! and explain my answer. I made a thread about Yahoo Answers and continue to encourage RPF people to post there. Here are two forums where the above questions are placed:

https://answers.yahoo.com/dir/index/...?sid=396546501

https://answers.yahoo.com/dir/index?sid=396545448

Thanks.

But I wonder how many visitors skip over threads rated as "terrible" by whoever the one star $#@! is on this board that is too $#@!ing scared to make their point in the open?
    I think it might be the opposite. People are attracted to things that appear to be abominations. I think one star can often help a thread. There is some prick one starring my stuff, including my NHL playoffs thread. I am glad to see it. I always think about what the great Reggie Jackson used to say: "Fans don't boo nobodies."

AF, you're a lightning rod. Wear it as a badge of honor, man!
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 06-21-2017 at 11:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Here's my Yahoo Answers thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ining-cops-etc

If you are:

--tired of preaching to the choir

--want to take a break from this site

--see your advice result in direct action

then, I encourage you to check out Yahoo Answers. Check the thread above. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

The only issue right now is that there is some crazy glitch in the Yahoo site. This happens about twice a year. There are no current threads. I am guessing it will be fixed by Sunday, but you can still advise on threads that are one day old or older.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Wasn't me. I gave it two stars.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    mentally ill woman. When officers saw Lyles, armed with a knife,
    Are the Officers OK? Sounds like a close call
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

The only threads I one star are from ZippyJuan and TheCount. I one star all their threads, regardless of content. $#@! them.

I might be Reggie Jackson counterproductive by one starring them, so I always try to berate Zip and Count in a thread and give them all their deserved neg reps. Bwaaaaaa!!!
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 06-21-2017 at 11:20 AM.

Yeah, well, SERVICE. AND. PROTECTION doesn't come without a cost.

Some things are just UNFORTUNATE BUT NECESSARY.

Even things that are NOT INTENTIONALLY MALEVOLENT.

The important point here is that Charleena Lyles did this to herself ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·