Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What famous people other than

What famous people other than

Collins or Danke have you meet ?
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Ron Paul
    That is excellent .
    Do something Danke

These are the ones I can recall: Wayne Brady, Vivica A. Fox, Ross Perot, Bruce Boxleitner, Alyssa Milano, Minnie Pearl, Melissa Gilbert, author Terry Brooks, and Felice Schachter. I went to high school with Michelle Monaghan. There are probably a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Danke is famous?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Danke is famous?
    I think the term is infamous.

I have been to the home of Eddie Olmos and have also met this guy:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6480235

And I have flown a lot of famous people, including Chuck Yeager and Nancy Pelosi.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

George Clinton

Karl Denson

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post
    Oliver North
    Yes , I have meet him .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post
    George Clinton

Karl Denson
    George Clinton is very cool.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Liberty View Post
    These are the ones I can recall: Wayne Brady, Vivica A. Fox, Ross Perot, Bruce Boxleitner, Alyssa Milano, Minnie Pearl, Melissa Gilbert, author Terry Brooks, and Felice Schachter. I went to high school with Michelle Monaghan. There are probably a few others.
    I never meet Minnie Pearl ( or the others except probably Perot ) . That would have been nice . My Mother in Law would have liked that .
    Do something Danke

Danke is famous?
    Infamous , but I listed Collins first .
    Do something Danke

Never met Danke, Collins, or Ron Paul When we were driving through Kentucky, I asked Mr Animal to stop at Rand's house but he didn't think that would be a good idea. I was planning on picking up a sack full of White Castles and hanging with the Pauls but Mr Animal said they probably wouldn't appreciate the unannounced visit or the diarrhea. Party pooper. We argued about it all the way to the big billboard in the middle of nowhere Ohio that says you're going to Hell. I wonder if Sola_Fide paid for that thing. It looks hand painted.

Jethro Tull (the whole band - I got onstage), Flea (just Flea, not the whole band), John Kruk, I waited on Eddie Murphy but he wouldn't talk to me, lol, and I thought I saw Menudo at Six Flags once but I was mistaken. Oh, and I met Shaq once. He's gigantic. It was weird because I was eye level with his wiener and kept catching myself staring. I've also met a few Sabres hockey players but I don't remember their names. I met them in the Buffalo airport. Mr Animal's dad always mistook this one guy who worked for Mr A for a famous hockey player. Anyway, we're flying into Buffalo and there's the hockey player. My husband told him what a fan his dad was and asked him to come outside with us and meet him. Well, he did. The senior Mr Animal was handicapped and parked right outside waiting for us. When the hockey player came out, Mr A's dad thought it was the bartender, lol!

I've met most of the Mises gang at events in Alabama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

I never meet Minnie Pearl ( or the others except probably Perot ) . That would have been nice . My Mother in Law would have liked that .
    Minnie was as nice as could be, posing for photos with me and my family when I was a kid. We went to the Grand Ole Opry, and she was there early, and had my sister and me come up on stage. She was funny as hell. RIP.

Wayne Brady was also very cool. I worked with him on a work project in 2005, and he was great to work with. Super nice. Couldn't ask for a more humble, down to earth guy. Vivica A. Fox is a bit of a diva: she's nice, but her "people" are not. Melissa Gilbert and Bruce Boxleitner came to Tombstone, Arizona, where I was living, and spent the weekend there. They were very down to earth and accessible.

I forgot to mention comedienne Brett Butler, who I met late one night in summer 1998. She was very funny; this must have been just prior to her drug relapse. I also forgot to mention Hee Haw fiddler Jana Jae, who frequently visited the town I lived in at the time in the 1980s. She was very pleasant, and was great with kids.

[QUOTE=Suzanimal;6485925]Never met Danke, Collins, or Ron Paul When we were driving through Kentucky, I asked Mr Animal to stop at Rand's house but he didn't think that would be a good idea. I was planning on picking up a sack full of White Castles and hanging with the Pauls but Mr Animal said they probably wouldn't appreciate the unannounced visit or the diarrhea. Party pooper. We argued about it all the way to the big billboard in the middle of nowhere Ohio that says you're going to Hell. I wonder if Sola_Fide paid for that thing. It looks hand painted.
    We use to have an old guy around here named Fred that did signs just like that , he would stand at intersections and yell it too . Thankfully , he is deceased . Hard telling how many children he scared to the point of mental illness . He generally left me alone since I once bashed him with a truck door when he decided to stick his head in my window and yell it . I would have scalped him too but I would have been late for work.
    Do something Danke

Hmmm...let's see.

Roger Penske, like danke I met Chuck Yeager once, years ago, John Goodman, Flea, Jimmy Buffet, Harry Browne, Ron Paul, Rand Paul, Pat Buchanan, Nick Cage, Al-Muhtadee Billah - Prince of Brunei, Willie Nelson...I reckon I'm forgetting a few.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Never met Danke, Collins, or Ron Paul When we were driving through Kentucky, I asked Mr Animal to stop at Rand's house but he didn't think that would be a good idea. I was planning on picking up a sack full of White Castles and hanging with the Pauls but Mr Animal said they probably wouldn't appreciate the unannounced visit or the diarrhea. Party pooper. We argued about it all the way to the big billboard in the middle of nowhere Ohio that says you're going to Hell. I wonder if Sola_Fide paid for that thing. It looks hand painted.

Jethro Tull (the whole band - I got onstage), Flea (just Flea, not the whole band), John Kruk, I waited on Eddie Murphy but he wouldn't talk to me, lol, and I thought I saw Menudo at Six Flags once but I was mistaken. Oh, and I met Shaq once. He's gigantic. It was weird because I was eye level with his wiener and kept catching myself staring. I've also met a few Sabres hockey players but I don't remember their names. I met them in the Buffalo airport. Mr Animal's dad always mistook this one guy who worked for Mr A for a famous hockey player. Anyway, we're flying into Buffalo and there's the hockey player. My husband told him what a fan his dad was and asked him to come outside with us and meet him. Well, he did. The senior Mr Animal was handicapped and parked right outside waiting for us. When the hockey player came out, Mr A's dad thought it was the bartender, lol!

I've met most of the Mises gang at events in Alabama.
    LOL you met Flea?

I've met Flea.

Hahahah

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    LOL you met Flea?

I've met Flea.

Hahahah
    Partied with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Hmmm...let's see.

Roger Penske, like danke I met Chuck Yeager once, years ago, John Goodman, Flea, Jimmy Buffet, Harry Browne, Ron Paul, Rand Paul, Pat Buchanan, Nick Cage, Al-Muhtadee Billah - Prince of Brunei, Willie Nelson...I reckon I'm forgetting a few.
    Any details? I'd enjoy hearing what these folks were like.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Liberty View Post
    Any details? I'd enjoy hearing what these folks were like.
    Most were just chance meetings or brief conversations.

I had run across Penske at a fishing tournament function, we talked cars, boats and fishing, of course.

I met Chuck Yeager at an airshow in NJ and we talked about the possibilities of bringing the P-51 back into production.

I flew out of New Orleans with John Goodman, we were seated next to each other. Spoke briefly without being a pest about his role in "O Brother Where Art Thou" and how much I enjoyed that film and how he enjoys working Coen brothers films.

Flea I met at Lollapallooza back in the 90s, he was filling in for some band and working the crowd meeting and greeting.

Jimmy Buffet...LOL...I towed his sailboat off a sand bar in Palm Beach.

All the political folks at various rallies and events...Harry Browne sticks out in my mind as being one the most one on one.

Nick Cage, again, flew somewhere with him, can't recall now...nice enough fellow, just a brief hello.

Al-Muhtadee Billah...took him fishing when he was, maybe still a teenager, along with his entourage, slaughtered the fish that day.

Willie Nelson, met him briefly at a Farm Aid show in the 80s.

Jay and Silent Bob

Political figures:
    Ron Paul - had dinner with him
    G. Gordon Liddy

Sports:
    Hines Ward
    Tony Stewart

Music:
    Kiss - (A-holes)
    Fleetwood Mac (sans Stevie Nicks)
    REO Speedwagon - a few times
    Motley Crue
    Skid Row - several times
    Tesla - about a million times - great guys
    Les Paul
    Paul Reed Smith
    Zakk Wylde - lol, that was a fun night!
    Eddie Trunk

and about a million other rock bands in the 80's and early 90's.

Other:
    Tom Wopat - during the heyday of Dukes
    Mitch Hedberg

(I'm sure there are lots more - but these are on the top of my mind)
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Political figures:
    Ron Paul - had dinner with him
    G. Gordon Liddy

Sports:
    Hines Ward
    Tony Stewart

Music:
    Kiss - (A-holes)
    Fleetwood Mac (sans Stevie Nicks)
    REO Speedwagon - a few times
    Motley Crue
    Skid Row - several times
    Tesla - about a million times - great guys
    Les Paul
    Paul Reed Smith
    Zakk Wylde - lol, that was a fun night!
    Eddie Trunk

and about a million other rock bands in the 80's and early 90's.

Other:
    Tom Wopat - during the heyday of Dukes
    Mitch Hedberg

(I'm sure there are lots more - but these are on the top of my mind)
    I think Libby & Les Paul are the only two on that list I ever talked to.
    Do something Danke

I think muh Rock n Roll list is not as long as my Blues list , Charlie Watts , all of Cheap Trick , Mellencamp etc
    Do something Danke

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Danke is famous?
    I heard he mixed drinks for Nancy Pelosi .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Kiss - (A-holes)
    This doesn't surprise me at all. They couldn't even stand each other. And I enjoyed their music.

I once made Stephen Dorff get a piece of broccoli stuck up his nose from laughing, then ruined his death scene by making him laugh again...

I once got fistbumped by Chris Christopherson...

I once got fired from my TV station for rubbing my nipples at a local news anchor and making him laugh his ass off on air...

I once uploaded a bunch of videos for Jay Leno. Reno has Hot August Nights with classic cars and Jay loves his classic cars...

I once heard from Emile Hirsch that he was "winning"...

I once did a Voice Over and purposefully said "Coming up tonight on NUDES 4, Where NUDES Come First..." and some other dialogue due to my wonderfullest radio voiceness...

I once hung out with the DP of the first Rocky movie planning a film that never took off...

I once accidentally hit on Dakota Fannings mom for like an hour (oops!)...

I once did voice over work for a bunch of commercials that were really... um, BORING!

I once did a sizzle reel for Dawn Wells (Mary Ann from Gilligans Island)...

I once spent many a night hanging out with the local TV crews from multiple TV stations and radio stations (part of the job)...

I once worked as a Master Control Operator from 1996 to 2001, then again from 2009 to 2010 before they pissed me off and I quit for wanting to do other jobs at the station and was told that is "Job Hopping"...

I once worked on a movie called The Motel Life and decided the movie sucked ass...

I guess if I am somehow famous (not really), you can all claim to know me!
    Last edited by DamianTV; 06-19-2017 at 07:52 PM.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

I met Danke in my dreams, does that count for anything?

I have met Rick Reilly, the Pope and I think that is about it. Met lots of local celebs but none of you guys would know them.

And yea Warren Buffett at his house for a drink. Also he used to drive his car around the neighbourhood by himself.
    Last edited by juleswin; 06-19-2017 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I met Danke in my dreams, does that count for anything?

I have met Rick Reilly, the Pope and I think that is about it. Met lots of local celebs but none of you guys would know them.

And yea Warren Buffett at his house for a drink. Also he used to drive his car around the neighbourhood by himself.
    Rick Reilly the sportswriter ? Works with the UN , CIA Spy ?
    Last edited by oyarde; 06-19-2017 at 08:14 PM.
    Do something Danke

Rick Reilly the sportswriter ? Works with the UN , CIA Spy ?
    The sports illustrated writer. The pope I met was John Paul the II and it was for a split second before I had to move along

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast