Thread: Move over vegans, "Breatharians" live on nothing at all

Exclamation Move over vegans, "Breatharians" live on nothing at all

‘Breatharian’ couple survives on ‘the universe’s energy’ instead of food

http://nypost.com/2017/06/15/breatha...stead-of-food/

By Lauren Windle, The Sun

June 15, 2017 | 2:19pm | Updated

A “Breatharian” mom and dad of two have barely eaten for nine years as they live off “the universe’s energy.”

Husband and wife Akahi Ricardo and Camila Castello believe that food and water aren’t necessary and humans can be sustained solely by the energy of the universe.

Castello and Ricardo — who have a 5-year-old son and 2-year-old daughter together — have survived on little else besides a piece of fruit or vegetable broth just three times per week since 2008.

And Castello even practiced a Breatharian pregnancy — not eating anything during the entire nine months that she carried her first child.

The married couple of nine years claim that their “food-free lifestyle” has improved their health and emotional well-being as well as letting them spend money on traveling rather than the weekly groceries.

Castello, 34, who lives between California and Ecuador with her husband, explained: “Humans can easily be without food — as long as they are connected to the energy that exists in all things and through breathing.”

“For three years, Akahi and I didn’t eat anything at all and now we only eat occasionally like if we’re in a social situation or if I simply want to taste a fruit.”

“With my first child, I practiced a Breatharian pregnancy. Hunger was a foreign sensation to me, so I fully lived on light and ate nothing.”

“My blood tests during all three trimesters were impeccable and I gave birth to a healthy baby boy.”

“Since Breatharianism, I feel healthier and happier that I’ve ever done before. When I was younger, my weight fluctuated but now after having two children, my body bounced back to its natural shape immediately. I never suffer from PMS symptoms anymore and I feel more emotionally stable.”

Husband Ricardo, 36, believes that Breatharianism is the ideal way to slash people’s food bills.

Ricardo — who teaches courses about Breatharianism along with Castello — explained: “There is a freedom that comes with not being attached or dependent on food.”

“Obviously, our living costs are a lot less than most families and that has allowed us to spend our money on things that really matter like traveling and exploring together.”

“It’s given us a clear sense of what we want in life. Anyone can live a Breatharian lifestyle and feel the benefits. It’s not about never eating food again, it’s about understanding cosmic nourishment (not just physical nourishment) and living without limits.”

The couple met in 2005 and got married three years later, and later that year they discovered Breatharianism through a friend.

The pair had to slowly work their way from vegetarianism to a vegan diet and then to just eating fruit before starting the “21 Day Breatharian Process.”

In this process, during the first seven days, nothing is consumed except air; for the next seven days, some water and diluted juice; and for the last seven days, diluted juice and water.

Ricardo said: “The 21 Day Breatharian Process was a powerful one and steppingstone into realizing the infinite potential that lies within.

“It led us to explore the breath and its presence within our lives, showing us that we could easily be without food as long as we had air. I used to eat a lot — but I haven’t felt hungry since that process in 2008.”

For the next three years, the couple did not eat solid food at all — even through Castello’s first pregnancy in 2011.

These days they have relaxed the rules slightly, occasionally eating so that they can share the experience with their two children.

Castello explained: “I was completely open to changing my food-free lifestyle when I first became pregnant because my child came first. But I just never felt hungry, so I ended up practicing a fully Breatharian pregnancy.

“I didn’t feel the need or desire to eat solid food during the entire nine months and so I only ate five times, all of which were in social situations.”

“And I knew my son would be nourished enough by my love and this would allow him to grow healthily in my womb. I went for regular pregnancy checkups and my doctor confirmed the above-average growth of a very healthy baby boy.”

“After I gave birth to my son, I wanted to be able to explore the joy of food in small quantities with my children as they grew.”

“So during my second pregnancy, I ate a bit of fruit or vegetable broth during the nine months. It was still a lot less than the recommended intake for a pregnant woman, but I gave birth to a healthy daughter.”

“Now, Akahi and I eat very sporadically — perhaps three or four times per week at the most. I might have a few vegetables, a juice or a bite of an apple with my children. Sometimes we have a glass of water too.”

“Whenever I eat now, it’s not because I’m hungry — I just don’t remember that sensation.”

The couple’s children aren’t forced to practice Breatharianism — although the couple insists that their kids understand the practice.

Ricardo said: “Our children are aware of Breatharianism and the energy that exists in the universe and in themselves.”

“But we would never try to change them and we let them eat whatever they want — whether that be juices, vegetables, pizza or ice cream!”

“We want them to explore the different tastes and have a healthy relationship with food as they grow.”

“It would be unfair to impose Breatharianism upon our children now, but maybe as they grow, they will get deeper into the practices.”
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sorry, but I'm calling bull$#@!.
    "The Patriarch"

Pretty sure The Sun is a tabloid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Isn't this just fasting? What's new about that?

I wonder if these kids understand basal metabolic rate...
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    In this process, during the first seven days, nothing is consumed except air
    LOL, of course, I am as well...these people are full of $#@!.

You'll go into renal failure and die after about 7 days without water.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 06-17-2017 at 01:24 AM.

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

"Breatharians" until they get the munchies and eat like stoned fast food junkies. But that doesn't count, as it only happens sometimes.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

One of the ways these people claim to get sustenance is by staring directly at the sun.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I would like a recipe, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Just wait until they both get under 300 lbs. each.

Ricardo said: “Our children are aware of Breatharianism and the energy that exists in the universe and in themselves.”

But we would never try to change them and we let them eat whatever they want — whether that be juices, vegetables, pizza or ice cream!”
    I'm calling bull$#@!. They just say that to stay off CPA's radar.

Reported.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Breatharians have been around quite a while. I remember them from back in the 80's. Promoters have either been found to cheat or died. http://www.skeptical-science.com/nut...reatharianism/

GTHO
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I would like a recipe, lol.
    You will probably need a can of this stuff.

The key is to spend a decent amount of time each day submerged in sea water. It is said that all elements your body needs can be absorbed thru the skin from the sea.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    The key is to spend a decent amount of time each day submerged in sea water. It is said that all elements your body needs can be absorbed thru the skin from the sea.
    Lol, that's funny. I guess someone forgot to tell that to Captain Bligh and company.
    "The Patriarch"

I have known a few breatharians and have done my fair share of fasting. If I get sick I usually fast on broth made with water and blue green algae and fruit juice to me it seems like it helps me get well faster. I don't get sick much but when I do it seems instinctive to not eat.
    I am around too many people that expect me to cook and if I am going to cook I am going to eat. But, in the back of my mind there is a part that does not wish to eat.
    Anytime I get totally alone I fast and everyone around me knows if I am sick I ain't cooking. I think I would have to live near the ocean if I was going to go full breatharian. I used to live alone by the sea and did not hardly eat or drink. I felt great and strangers would come up to me and ask how I kept myself looking so healthy. When I told them that most of the time I did not eat they would flip. I felt as though I got a lot of nutrient from breathing the sea air and being in the sun and swimming in the ocean.

I have been a sun gazer since I was a child and have always felt that it lite up my brain in ways that other people could not relate to and were even afraid of.

My skin is what people noticed I had a deep tan and good muscles back then and it looked good with my wild blonde/red hair and of course 1% body fat just enough fat to run five miles. I am sure even today at 62 I can still run 5 miles. People still tell me they think I look good. One thing I love about a healthy life is that it looks good I love looking good. I love living very simply.

I have also done yoga and tai chi most of my life and both are all about breathing. I have always been aware that breathing is the most important of all the bodies functions without breathing nothing can happen. I have meditated on on God using sound and breath to create everything. I think Sound is the first thing there ever was. Vibration is where it is at. Even light would not exist if not for sound. God "said" let there be light.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Breatharians have been around quite a while. I remember them from back in the 80's. Promoters have either been found to cheat or died. http://www.skeptical-science.com/nut...reatharianism/
    She was tested on Australian TV. The deal was that they would monitor her for 1 week. Four days into the test, she was in trouble, and if she had continued, she risked total kidney failure.
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    You will probably need a can of this stuff.

mmmmm nothing

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Amazed nobody has posted this yet.