Thread: #FreeLaura Arrested at NY Public Theater for Being Anti-Political Violence

#FreeLaura Loomer Arrested at NY Public Theater for Being Anti-Political Violence

The play depicts the assassination of Donald Trump.

Laura Loomer voices her concern of normalization of political violence against the right.

https://www.periscope.tv/LauraLoomer/1gqxvbVXbrexB?
    Last edited by dannno; 08-19-2020 at 09:11 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

$1,000 contest! (from yesterday) Mike Cernovich holds contest to exercise artistic expression to denounce political violence against the right at the play

https://www.pscp.tv/Cernovich/1YqKDwBvmnexV?
    Last edited by dannno; 06-16-2017 at 09:45 PM.

I know Shakespeare did one named Julius Caesar, but I don't recall one named Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I know Shakespeare did one named Julius Caesar, but I don't recall one named Donald Trump.
    I think they call it artistic license.

Not sure if there is a government fee in order to obtain said license.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

I have no problem with the play. But it should go both ways, when we all know it doesn't.

The New York Times owns the theater.

Think about that for a minute.
    Last edited by dannno; 06-16-2017 at 09:56 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I think they call it artistic license.
    Others would call it Plagiarism .
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Others would call it Plagiarism .
    Modernizing Shakespeare is sort of a thing with the artsy types. The most successful adaptation of Romeo and Juliet is West Side Story, but another way it is done is to use the original script in a modern setting:

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    That's certainly giving them a dose of their own medicine.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

early blowback.

personally, i think the best bet is to let these little darlings keep on doing what they are doing.

not a good strategy to act out their violent fantasies, but at least the voting masses get a good look at what the democrat party has become.

i predict a mid-term slaughter of dems.

https://twitter.com/evansiegfried/st...31831119613954
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post

https://twitter.com/evansiegfried/st...31831119613954
    How much does it cost her to fight it in court?

Mike Cernovich is giving Laura Loomer the extra money that is being donated, he is giving her $1,000 if his own money so he is losing money on this. If there is a lot of leftover money he may return some of it or put it toward new media projects. He only makes his personal money on book sales, money that he raises goes toward new media projects and occasionally charity.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Seems like Cernovich is just virtue signaling...

Are you trying to insinuate that is the money for the legal defense fund, or that Mike Cernovich best selling mindset author has a lot of money and one time he made a trollie looking picture?

The guy who ran on stage saying, "CNN is ISIS" (also drawn on the back of his shirt) is getting $2,500 from AJ.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Really?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Behind the Scenes with the Right-Wing Activist Who Crashed “Julius Caesar”
    By Andrew Marantz

June 20, 2017

On Friday morning, Laura Loomer woke up early and took a Metro-North train from West Harrison, New York, where she lives, to Manhattan. She made her way to Central Park and secured a second-row ticket to that night’s performance of the Public Theatre’s production of “Julius Caesar.” Then she walked around the Upper East Side for a few hours, stopping to get her nails done (color selection: Blue My Mind). Loomer is twenty-four. During the 2016 Presidential campaign, she worked for Project Veritas, the right-wing sting operation run by James O’Keefe. Operating undercover, she performed various stunts—for example, on Election Day, she appeared at a polling station wearing a burqa and asked for a ballot under the name Huma Abedin. Two weeks ago, Loomer left Project Veritas for the Rebel, a video-heavy outlet based in Canada. (From its About Us page: “We don’t just report the news, we participate in it.”) After a few years of anonymous work, she was eager to find the spotlight.

When Loomer entered the amphitheatre and took her seat on Friday evening, she saw Jack Posobiec, a friend and fellow pro-Trump activist, sitting two rows back. To avoid attracting attention, they communicated via text message. “Are you here for the Cernovich contest?” he wrote, referring to the social-media activist Mike Cernovich. “Just stay tuned,” she responded. The previous day, Cernovich had issued a kind of challenge grant: he would donate a thousand dollars to anyone who disrupted the play. The production presents Caesar as a Trump-like figure, and depicts his violent death; Cernovich argued that, if such a depiction was a protected form of speech, then a protest against it should be, too. (Loomer admires Cernovich, but she claims that she had the idea to protest the play before he did.)

In Act III, Scene I, as Caesar was stabbed, Loomer started a Periscope video on her phone and strode toward the stage. “Stop the normalization of political violence against the right!” she shouted. A few members of the cast, prop knives in hand, broke character and walked toward her. “We’re not promoting it,” one actress said. “This is ‘Julius Caesar.’ ”

“Shame on the New York Public Theatre for doing this!” Loomer continued. “You guys are ISIS! CNN is ISIS!” Security officers led her out of the amphitheatre, and the audience cheered. Then Posobiec stood up and shouted, “Goebbels would be proud!” He, too, was removed. The play continued, with this line: “Liberty! Freedom! Tyranny is dead! Run hence, proclaim, cry it about the streets.”

Loomer, standing in the park just outside the amphitheatre, kept live-streaming on Periscope. “Shame on all of you!” she shouted. A male couple passed by, walking hand in hand. “Shame!” Loomer screamed in the direction of the theatre*, her voice cracking. “Shame!” One man turned to the other and asked, “Who is this crazy bitch?” Loomer didn’t seem to notice. The police arrived and asked her to place her hands behind her back. “I’m not resisting, officers,” she said. “Unlike the left.”

The police took Loomer to the 19th Precinct station house, on East Sixty-seventh Street. As she was booked and fingerprinted, the hashtag #FreeLaura started to trend on Twitter, and two Web sites began soliciting donations for her legal defense. Loomer was charged with misdemeanor trespassing and disorderly conduct, and was ordered to appear in court in August. By midnight, she was released from police custody. In the lobby of the station house, she delivered a “press conference” straight to her iPhone camera. “I’m not apologizing,” she said. “Honestly, I would do it again.” She claimed that reporters were waiting for her outside, but added, “I’m not going to be giving interviews today.”

Thirty minutes later, I met up with Loomer at a restaurant a few blocks from the station. She was at a table with Posobiec and Franklin Wright, a member of a “pro-Western fraternal organization” called the Proud Boys, whom she had hired earlier that day to act as her cameraman and personal security detail. “In the police precinct, a bunch of the cops were pulling up articles about me on their phones,” she said. “One of them told me, ‘We’re not supposed to say this, but we support what you did.’ ”

Posobiec and Wright ordered cheeseburgers; Loomer ordered a bowl of chili. There was silence as they scrolled through their Twitter timelines.

Sean Hannity, of Fox News, had tweeted approvingly about her, and she soon booked an appearance on his show. Laura Ingraham also tweeted her support, adding, “How many wd storm stage if ‘Obama’ was stabbed?” (In 2012, a Minnesota production of “Julius Caesar” did feature the assassination of an Obama lookalike, sparking no comparable outrage.)

Posobiec noted that a thousand-dollar donation to Loomer’s defense fund had just come in. He added, “You’re the No. 4 trending hashtag right now.”

“Amazing,” Loomer said. “Can you screenshot that and send it to me?”

“Of course,” Posobiec said. “You think this is my first day on Twitter?”

Loomer noticed that Ben Shapiro, a conservative columnist who opposed Trump during the 2016 election, had begun to argue that her action was not consistent with free-speech principles. “This obnoxious stupid snowflake crap is no better than the protesters who try to block college speeches,” Shapiro tweeted.

David French, another anti-Trump conservative, joined in. “Who is this guy French?” Loomer asked. “Is he a liberal?”

“He’s National Review,” Posobiec said.

“Oh,” Loomer said, rolling her eyes. “Who gives a $#@! about him?”

“They’re just jealous, man,” Posobiec said. “Ben Shapiro never even supported Trump. Just tweet at him, like, ‘Et tu, Brute?’ ”

“I was not blocking anyone’s speech,” Loomer said, her voice rising. “The play didn’t stop after they made me leave. If anything, I was increasing the amount of speech!”

Richard Spencer, a white nationalist who lost credibility with many right-wing activists after making a Heil Hitler-esque hand gesture while celebrating Trump’s election victory, began to criticize Loomer, also on free-speech grounds. He promoted a counter-hashtag: #LockUpLaura.

Loomer, who is Jewish, workshopped several possible rejoinders to Spencer, tweeting the ones that got the best response at the table. “You can't stand the fact that a Jew is in the spotlight,” she tweeted. Then, looking up, she asked, “I’m thinking of saying ‘1939 much?’ Or should I go with 1945?”

Posobiec, finishing his burger, said, “This is gonna go down as the greatest production of ‘Julius Caesar’ in history.”

Loomer nodded. “I redefined Shakespeare tonight,” she said. “A lot of people are doing great work from behind a computer screen, but I’m proud that I actually had the balls to show up and do something.” By the end of the night, she had gained twenty thousand Twitter followers and had received nearly ten thousand dollars in online donations. The Shakespeare scholar Stephen Greenblatt has argued that “Julius Caesar” should be read as a cautionary tale about the unforeseen pitfalls of political violence. But Loomer provided several rationales for her actions: that she had merely used words, whereas the left engages in actual violence; that she felt it was her patriotic duty to stop the play, which was “a form of terrorism” that would “bring us closer to civil war”; that the Public Theatre is “aligned with ISIS, politically.” The only incontrovertible fact was one that she never uttered aloud: that the stunt would do wonders for her personal brand.

A server approached the table. “I couldn’t help overhearing—what exactly did you do tonight?” she asked.

“I protested a play that was encouraging violence,” Loomer said.

“How, exactly? Did you do it before the play, or wait until after?”

“No, during,” Loomer said, her eyes cast down at her phone.

“Oh, O.K.” the server said. “Can I get you guys anything else?”

*This post has been updated to clarify that Loomer was shouting at the theatre.
    http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-d...r-laura-loomer

(In 2012, a Minnesota production of “Julius Caesar” did feature the assassination of an Obama lookalike, sparking no comparable outrage.)
    Well I'll be damned

http://mspmag.com/arts-and-culture/t...sar_the_guthr/

Not a bad article.

Interesting how the media is playing this, though, saying that the left didn't react as much to Obama's Julius Ceasar - but afaik nobody knew about that, anybody here knew that happened? So how could people on the left be mad if they didn't know it happened?

But the main difference, is that at the Minnesota show, people were not going and celebrating Obama's death and cheering, and talking about how horrible Obama is. I think they just saw it as art. Not something I would have done, and certainly could have warranted some attention I suppose. On the other hand, at the New York showing, it was very obvious that people were there celebrating it like a ritualistic sacrifice.. I think that's why it got so much attention.

LOL thats a fake Mike twitter user. Noticed he didn't even have a verified thing on his account?

https://twitter.com/NumbersMuncher/s...31330792812544

https://twitter.com/NumbersMuncher/s...31330792812544
    lol, you mean they planned it out in advance?

Pretty sure I've seen this type of thing before with false flag shootings. Difference is, this was obviously something that was pre-planned, nobody is denying it.

bump