Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Amazon To Buy Whole Foods Market For $13.7 Billion

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    No employees? Really? Are you sure it isn't just fewer?

What's wrong with a grocery store that has fewer employees?
    **WATCH THIS**
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtBa9yVZBJM

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    @Dr.No - I think you have the quotes incorrect, or at least for the wrong person. I didnt say the bottom two quotes. Top quote with the word "speshull" I did, but the other two quotes go back to the "speshull" quote. I'll guess just a mis-copy and paste.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Point being that neither side is completely innocent, nor are they completely guilty. Amazon does what it can to grow as a company, and both sides suffer as the result of an unstable monetary foundation that deprives all but the money manipulators of true wealth and prosperity. For a few to be rich, many must be poor. And both sides are now fighting over tablescraps of the money printers.
    I think the instability of the "monetary foundation" has been greatly overblown. There is a reason why the doomsayers, both from the Left and the Right, Communists, Libertarians, and anarchists, who hate the Federal Reserve, haven't gotten a single economic prediction right in the last eight years (and their record prior to that is your typical stopped-clock). Even doing financial crises, there was no hyperinflation and no currency crises. Everyone talks about the issues with booms and busts, but the US economy was more stable in the 20th century than any before it. We've seen the horrendous issues with gold standards, Euro-like currency, and pegged currencies.

I'm not sure how Amazon suffers by growing. By growing, innovating, and reducing costs, we are all benefiting. That's the way the tide has always swung...usually, new industries arise and there is still a need for human capital. But if there isn't, all that it means is prosperity is so cheap everyone can have it.

Basically, I'm not sure how we could have stopped the inevitable end of certain kinds of jobs. Government policies, or the "money manipulators" didn't invent the technology that has eliminated so many jobs. It is the same thing I say when idiots claim that government regulations are the main reason why jobs go overseas as if government regulations explain the wage gap between an American and Chinese worker.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    So, fewer employees.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.No. View Post
    Moreover, you've seen real household net worth nearly double in the last 16 years. Not to mention the growth in business net worth.
    Well there you have it, Zippy 2.0 and Ron Paul was a racist too.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.No. View Post
    I think the instability of the "monetary foundation" has been greatly overblown. There is a reason why the doomsayers, both from the Left and the Right, Communists, Libertarians, and anarchists, who hate the Federal Reserve, haven't gotten a single economic prediction right in the last eight years (and their record prior to that is your typical stopped-clock). Even doing financial crises, there was no hyperinflation and no currency crises. Everyone talks about the issues with booms and busts, but the US economy was more stable in the 20th century than any before it. We've seen the horrendous issues with gold standards, Euro-like currency, and pegged currencies.

I'm not sure how Amazon suffers by growing. By growing, innovating, and reducing costs, we are all benefiting. That's the way the tide has always swung...usually, new industries arise and there is still a need for human capital. But if there isn't, all that it means is prosperity is so cheap everyone can have it.

Basically, I'm not sure how we could have stopped the inevitable end of certain kinds of jobs. Government policies, or the "money manipulators" didn't invent the technology that has eliminated so many jobs. It is the same thing I say when idiots claim that government regulations are the main reason why jobs go overseas as if government regulations explain the wage gap between an American and Chinese worker.
    Ya no inflation. What a cad. There should have been increased value with increased productivity and greater access to resources.

but no, they took that along the way, year after year to where now our currency is less than 2 cents over when it started at a dollar.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Well there you have it, Zippy 2.0 and Ron Paul was a racist too.
    Net worth increase:

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Ya no inflation. What a cad. There should have been increased value with increased productivity and greater access to resources.

but no, they took that along the way, year after year to where now our currency is less than 2 cents over when it started at a dollar.
    No hyperinflation . Even if what you are saying is true (I'd love to see data on that), you can't look at currency in a vacuum. You have to look at wages as well. If there was less currency inflation, there would be less wage inflation.

Edited original post for this bit:

Amazon Says It Won't Replace Whole Foods Cashiers With Computers... Yet
    https://hardware.slashdot.org/story/...-computers-yet

Amazon said it has no current plans to automate the jobs of cashiers in Whole Foods stores after it finishes acquiring the grocery chain. It also isn't planning any layoffs, according to a spokesperson. There is some speculation, however, that Amazon may change its plans and use new technology inside of Whole Foods locations.

Commenting on Amazon's announcement from earlier today, LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner said, "Only one company on earth can buy grocery chain, be rumored to buy enterprise software company & in both cases be lauded for strategic vision."
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

I do not use amazon , whole foods and have not owned any stock .
    Do something Danke

So, fewer employees.
    Checkout counter person becomes the order builder. No reason for you to walk up and down isles. Please drive thru.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Some think this acquisition is a way to pass off poison GMOs to higher end shoppers at a steep premium price. No more insulating yourself from the poison just because you're a higher earner capable of paying for cleaner food.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I do not use amazon , whole foods and have not owned any stock .
    Do they even have delivery in your neck of the woods?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

This will have no bearing on me I will still continue to support local growers and locally owned companies that sell the products I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    This will have no bearing on me I will still continue to support local growers and locally owned companies that sell the products I want.
    Respectfully disagree, but just slightly. It may not affect you directly, but will affect you indirectly if people start losing their jobs to Amazon's takeover...
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Our central bank is not privately owned.

Kroger takes $7 billion hit as Amazon deal compounds struggles

Kroger Co. was already in trouble last week -- then Amazon said it would buy Whole Foods.

The biggest U.S. supermarket chain lost more than $7 billion in market value combined on Thursday and Friday, the biggest two-day loss for the company since December 1999. The 19 percent plummet on Thursday was thanks to a lousy earnings report. The 9 percent drop the next day was courtesy of Amazon.com Inc.'s announcement about acquiring Whole Foods Market Inc. If Amazon pulls that deal off, the competition will be even more cutthroat in an industry known for razor-thin profit margins.

And Kroger has been struggling, battered by a record bout of food deflation. It has spent several years lowering prices and focusing on fresh produce in a bid to thwart giant Wal-Mart Stores Inc., which generates more than half of its revenue from groceries. The question is how it will fare having to fend off not only the world's largest brick-and-mortar chain but also the undisputed king of internet retailing.

Kroger takes $7 billion hit as Amazon deal compounds struggles

Kroger Co. was already in trouble last week -- then Amazon said it would buy Whole Foods.

The biggest U.S. supermarket chain lost more than $7 billion in market value combined on Thursday and Friday, the biggest two-day loss for the company since December 1999. The 19 percent plummet on Thursday was thanks to a lousy earnings report. The 9 percent drop the next day was courtesy of Amazon.com Inc.'s announcement about acquiring Whole Foods Market Inc. If Amazon pulls that deal off, the competition will be even more cutthroat in an industry known for razor-thin profit margins.
    And Kroger has been struggling, battered by a record bout of food deflation. It has spent several years lowering prices and focusing on fresh produce in a bid to thwart giant Wal-Mart Stores Inc., which generates more than half of its revenue from groceries. The question is how it will fare having to fend off not only the world's largest brick-and-mortar chain but also the undisputed king of internet retailing.

"They were expecting a long protracted battle -- now it's a knife fight," said Matt Sargent, who studies retailers at the consumer research firm Magid.

Kroger has been investing in so-called "click-and-collect" technology, which allows customers to order online and pick up their groceries at a store. That service is available at more than 600 stores, and was seen as Kroger's bid to protect itself against the slow rise of e-commerce in the food industry. If the Amazon deal goes through, that program will be put to the test.

Even before the Amazon announcement, Kroger's poor performance was raising concerns on Wall Street. The Cincinnati-based company on Thursday reported its second straight quarter of declining same-store sales, the worst slump in at least 13 years. The chain also cut its profit forecast, citing rising health-care and pension costs. That led to credit downgrades, and the pessimism reverberated to grocery competitors.

Kroger faces more immediate concerns than a potential battle with Amazon. The price of groceries has dropped for 17 straight months, the longest streak in more than 60 years. Lower food prices, while a boon to consumers, have brought headaches to supermarkets. The situation has led Wal-Mart and other retailers to offer steeper discounts to boost customer traffic. The resulting price war has weighed on profit margins.

http://www.ajc.com/business/kroger-t...hHEE2BvdQow0O/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Whole Foods sucks balls. They have a few good value items, but most of their stuff is overpriced. I have a brain like Rain Man, remembering the price of everything I buy. You're paying for their "experience," just like those Apple dipshits claim with their phones.

Amazon sucks balls.

Go ahead and automate. If I get bad produce and can't return it in time, then I just get in the self-checkout line next time. If I have six avocados, then I only ring up five. I don't rip them off; I just get back my money. If they want to give me grief, then my self-checkout inputs will favor me. There's all kinds of stuff you can do like that. Their automation won't stop me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Whole Foods sucks balls. They have a few good value items, but most of their stuff is overpriced. I have a brain like Rain Man, remembering the price of everything I buy. You're paying for their "experience," just like those Apple dipshits claim with their phones.

Amazon sucks balls.

Go ahead and automate. If I get bad produce and can't return it in time, then I just get in the self-checkout line next time. If I have six avocados, then I only ring up five. I don't rip them off; I just get back my money. If they want to give me grief, then my self-checkout inputs will favor me. There's all kinds of stuff you can do like that. Their automation won't stop me.
    They don't have self-checkout lines in Amazon stores, you just put stuff in your bag and take it like a thief and the store knows what you took.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    It's amazing how much tastier home grown greens and tomatoes, etc are compared to the drab mass produced, artificially ripened stuff from the stores. Even Whole Foods $$$ produce tastes like nothing but water and air compared to greens straight from the garden.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

No employees? Really? Are you sure it isn't just fewer?

What's wrong with a grocery store that has fewer employees?
    muh jobs!

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Their plan would only work in rich neighborhoods with high levels of people with smart phones and their app. (put something back in the wrong place and it probably charges you).

everybody who cares to buy quality food has a smartphone.

All about food stamps, which is walmarts cash cow. Amazon's sick and tired of only getting corporate welfare, they want it all.

Don't expect any bad news criticizing this takeover. The CEO already has WaPo and Business Insider in his pockets.

Last edited by timosman; 07-13-2017 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post

You're still here? LOL

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Interesting news.
    Especially considering this news that came out just 2 days ago
    http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/ne...trying-to.html

excerpts:

So he was forced into this, I wonder if he did it just spite the plans the jana partners. Plus he gets to stay in control as CEO of WF this way.
    Sounds like i nailed it: http://www.businessinsider.com/amazo...nt-down-2017-7

I eat only the finest quality and I do not have a smart phone .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I eat only the finest quality and I do not have a smart phone .
    you said eat, not buy.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    You're still here? LOL
    what's your point?

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    what's your point?
    Do you need more bars?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Do you need more bars?
    Of chocolate?

Of chocolate?
    You are going to trigger P4P again with your high value posts.

what's your point?

What point?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast