Thread: Myer Briggs Test

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries

Myer Briggs Test

https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

Myers–Briggs Type Indicator

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A chart with descriptions of each Myers–Briggs personality type and the four dichotomies central to the theory

The Myers–Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) is an introspective self-report questionnaire claiming to indicate psychological preferences in how people perceive the world around them and make decisions.[1][2][3]
    The MBTI was constructed by Katharine Cook Briggs and her daughter Isabel Briggs Myers. It is based on the typological theory proposed by Carl Jung,[4] who had speculated that there are four principal psychological functions by which humans experience the world – sensation, intuition, feeling, and thinking – and that one of these four functions is dominant for a person most of the time.[5] The MBTI was constructed for normal populations and emphasizes the value of naturally occurring differences.[6] "The underlying assumption of the MBTI is that we all have specific preferences in the way we construe our experiences, and these preferences underlie our interests, needs, values, and motivation."[7]
    Although popular in the business sector, the MBTI exhibits significant psychometric deficiencies, notably including poor validity (i.e. not measuring what it purports to measure) and poor reliability (giving different results for the same person on different occasions).[8][9][10] The four scales used in the MBTI have some correlation with four of the Big Five personality traits, which are a more commonly accepted framework.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    I got this:

INTP PERSONALITY (“THE LOGICIAN”)

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
    Albert Einstein
    The INTP personality type is fairly rare, making up only three percent of the population, which is definitely a good thing for them, as there’s nothing they’d be more unhappy about than being "common". INTPs pride themselves on their inventiveness and creativity, their unique perspective and vigorous intellect. Usually known as the philosopher, the architect, or the dreamy professor, INTPs have been responsible for many scientific discoveries throughout history.
    The Unexamined Life Is Not Worth Living

INTPs are known for their brilliant theories and unrelenting logic – in fact, they are considered the most logically precise of all the personality types.
    They love patterns, and spotting discrepancies between statements could almost be described as a hobby, making it a bad idea to lie to an INTP. This makes it ironic that INTPs’ word should always be taken with a grain of salt – it’s not that they are dishonest, but people with the INTP personality type tend to share thoughts that are not fully developed, using others as a sounding board for ideas and theories in a debate against themselves rather than as actual conversation partners.
    This may make them appear unreliable, but in reality no one is more enthusiastic and capable of spotting a problem, drilling through the endless factors and details that encompass the issue and developing a unique and viable solution than INTPs – just don’t expect punctual progress reports. People who share the INTP personality type aren’t interested in practical, day-to-day activities and maintenance, but when they find an environment where their creative genius and potential can be expressed, there is no limit to the time and energy INTPs will expend in developing an insightful and unbiased solution.

Wisdom Begins in Wonder

They may appear to drift about in an unending daydream, but INTPs’ thought process is unceasing, and their minds buzz with ideas from the moment they wake up. This constant thinking can have the effect of making them look pensive and detached, as they are often conducting full-fledged debates in their own heads, but really INTPs are quite relaxed and friendly when they are with people they know, or who share their interests. However, this can be replaced by overwhelming shyness when INTP personalities are among unfamiliar faces, and friendly banter can quickly become combative if they believe their logical conclusions or theories are being criticized.
    When INTPs are particularly excited, the conversation can border on incoherence as they try to explain the daisy-chain of logical conclusions that led to the formation of their latest idea. Oftentimes, INTPs will opt to simply move on from a topic before it’s ever understood what they were trying to say, rather than try to lay things out in plain terms.
    The reverse can also be true when people explain their thought processes to INTPs in terms of subjectivity and feeling. Imagine an immensely complicated clockwork, taking in every fact and idea possible, processing them with a heavy dose of creative reasoning and returning the most logically sound results available – this is how the INTP mind works, and this type has little tolerance for an emotional monkey-wrench jamming their machines.
    Let Those Who Would Move the World First Move Themselves

Further, with Thinking (T) as one of their governing traits, INTPs are unlikely to understand emotional complaints at all, and their friends won’t find a bedrock of emotional support in them. People with the INTP personality type would much rather make a series of logical suggestions for how to resolve the underlying issue, a perspective that is not always welcomed by their Feeling (F) companions. This will likely extend to most social conventions and goals as well, like planning dinners and getting married, as INTPs are far more concerned with originality and efficient results.
    The one thing that really holds INTPs back is their restless and pervasive fear of failure. INTP personalities are so prone to reassessing their own thoughts and theories, worrying that they’ve missed some critical piece of the puzzle, that they can stagnate, lost in an intangible world where their thoughts are never truly applied. Overcoming this self-doubt stands as the greatest challenge INTPs are likely to face, but the intellectual gifts – big and small – bestowed on the world when they do makes it worth the fight.

Makes sense - I read here once that INTJ's are more likely too be libertarians than anyone else.
    Did they give you percentages? How much P are you?
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Makes sense - I read here once that INTJ's are more likely too be libertarians than anyone else.
    I forget the percentage I only did it a couple months ago
    Last edited by Lamp; 06-16-2017 at 08:46 AM.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    I'm using it for my script writing and character bios

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Okay its 69% P from what I can tell.

Your Results

“THE LOGICIAN” (INTP-T)
    ANALYST
    CONSTANT IMPROVEMENT

23%

77%
    INTROVERTED

64%
    INTUITIVE
    36%

66%
    THINKING
    34%

31%

69%
    PROSPECTING

46%

54%
    TURBULENT

Last edited by Lamp; 06-16-2017 at 08:56 AM.

ENFP here.

ENFP/INTJ - Recipe for world domination...

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

INTJ.
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    It's the NT combination that makes for more libertarian perspectives. But there is much more that leads to general political attitude than that. People other than NT can be "libertarian", and visa versa.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Let's revive the same thread from 2008 for those who can not use search - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...onalility-Type

ENFP
    Extraverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiving
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    ENFP here.

ENFP/INTJ - Recipe for world domination...

Maybe it's just that it is 5:30 in the morning, or maybe because I am consistently INTJ - but that struck me as the most hilarious thing ever.
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Let's revive the same thread from 2008 for those who can not use search - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...onalility-Type
    In fairness I'm not sure Hitokichi had lost all his baby teeth in 2008.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Ive taken the test before. Every time I come back with INTJ.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

I took a personality test once.

They said I passed.

Still an INTP.

“I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.