Thread: Awakened vs 'woke'

Awakened vs 'woke'

Many people have been 'awakened' to governmental shenanigans...

Semi-literate, at best, people banter the latest buzzword....'woke'

Even reading their vernacular is painful...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ... still, better than oblivious to goobermint shenanigans.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

"The Patriarch"

"The Patriarch"

"The Patriarch"

When I see those Woke AF meme's, I think to myself - Woke as Anti Federalist. Now, that's WOKE.
    Last edited by Suzanimal; 06-16-2017 at 07:23 AM. Reason: His name doesn't have a dash. How did I not notice that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Oh, what the $#@!...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

"The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Reminds me of this guy.

It's so annoying.

A friend of a friend was playing some awful screeching Jack Johnson type singer songwriter music and when I mentioned that I couldn't stand it she told me it was "woke" music.

I could hold back the laughter..

Compromise a bit, how about "awookened"?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

The perversions the youth wreak upon our our shared language grate on the ear and distract from semantic content. While most of their petty acts of verbal vandalism are limited to the realm of vocabulary where they do little lasting damage, it is now the very foundation of our language that is under threat. I speak, of course, of a recent assault on our grammar, that of so-called "singular ye".

For generations we have said "thou art" in the singular and "ye are" in the plural. Everyone understands this, and it is completely plain, but among some troublemakers it is now the fashion to use "ye" both for the singular and the plural. They even have the gall to claim it as respectful! One of my younger employees might ask of me, "are ye coming?" as if I were a pair of conjoined twins! It goes beyond treating "ye" as singular, however, and extends to matching plural "are" with (falsely) singular "ye". That the subject and the verb must agree in number is fundamental, and these are dangerous matters with which to meddle.

While I recognize that the reader may hear these words as the complaints of a curmudgeon over the recklessness of todays youth, note that we are losing important distinctions. When I hear "are ye coming?" I do not know whether the message is directed at a group or an individual. This confusion is in direct opposition to the primary purpose of language, that of communication. Let us consider a Biblical example, that of John 3:7:

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Jesus spoke directly to Nicodemus, using "thee" several times, but in the command to be born again it is clear that He was making a general statement, not one restricted to Nicodemus. Why would we want to give up this ability of expressive subtlety?

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    The perversions the youth wreak upon our our shared language grate on the ear and distract from semantic content. While most of their petty acts of verbal vandalism are limited to the realm of vocabulary where they do little lasting damage, it is now the very foundation of our language that is under threat. I speak, of course, of a recent assault on our grammar, that of so-called "singular ye".

For generations we have said "thou art" in the singular and "ye are" in the plural. Everyone understands this, and it is completely plain, but among some troublemakers it is now the fashion to use "ye" both for the singular and the plural. They even have the gall to claim it as respectful! One of my younger employees might ask of me, "are ye coming?" as if I were a pair of conjoined twins! It goes beyond treating "ye" as singular, however, and extends to matching plural "are" with (falsely) singular "ye". That the subject and the verb must agree in number is fundamental, and these are dangerous matters with which to meddle.

While I recognize that the reader may hear these words as the complaints of a curmudgeon over the recklessness of todays youth, note that we are losing important distinctions. When I hear "are ye coming?" I do not know whether the message is directed at a group or an individual. This confusion is in direct opposition to the primary purpose of language, that of communication. Let us consider a Biblical example, that of John 3:7:

Jesus spoke directly to Nicodemus, using "thee" several times, but in the command to be born again it is clear that He was making a general statement, not one restricted to Nicodemus. Why would we want to give up this ability of expressive subtlety?
    People talketh liketh yond wh're thou art from?
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    People talketh liketh yond wh're thou art from?
    Wh'nce! Wh'nce!

Sigh. I give up.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wh'nce! Wh'nce!

Sigh. I give up.

Don't blame me, I used the Olde English translator. People don't talk like that where I'm from. We don't say, "are ye coming?" We say, "y'all comin'?"

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Don't blame me, I used the Olde English translator
    'Pon time mechs were all programmed by Philistines,
    'Tines who now fertilize rock-pocked rolling greens,
    Trekking rubble, seek scape: "Name name! Sate our need!"
    Who wrought? Who will be left to blame?
    Who indeed.
    Last edited by helmuth_hubener; 06-19-2017 at 10:54 AM.

Woke up this morning with a wine glass in my hand.
    Whose wine, what wine, where the hell did I dine.
    Must've been a dream, I don't believe where I've been.
    Come on, let's do it again.

So, are you officially a old guy now Helmuth?
    "The Patriarch"

On Time

Fly, envious Time, till thou run out thy race,
    Call on the lazy leaden-stepping hours,
    Whose speed is but the heavy plummet's pace;
    And glut thyself with what thy womb devours,
    Which is no more than what is false and vain,
    And merely mortal dross;
    So little is our loss,
    So little is thy gain.
    For when as each thing bad thou hast intombed,
    And last of all thy greedy self consumed,
    Then long Eternity shall greet our bliss
    With an individual kiss,
    And Joy shall overtake us as a flood;
    When every thing that is sincerely good
    And perfectly divine,
    With truth, and peace, and love, shall ever shine
    About the supreme throne
    Of Him, t' whose happy-making sight alone
    When once our heav'nly-guided soul shall climb,
    Then, all this earthly grossness quit,
    Attired with stars, we shall for ever sit,
    Triumphing over Death, and Chance, and thee, O Time.

Woke is doublespeak for asleep.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."