Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do People Believe This Lie?

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Right. You and Aristotle use the breath that God gives you, and use the standards of logic that God imposes on His creation, in order to attempt to argue against Him.
    In criticizing me, you are criticizing God -- after all, according to you He ordained and predestined my actions. You've got some nerve, don't you?
    Last edited by Sonny Tufts; 06-17-2017 at 01:13 PM.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    In criticizing me, you are criticizing God -- after all, according to you He ordained and predestined my actions. You've got some nerve, don't you?
    S_F is just smart enough to divide believers, but he's just ignorant enough to not see that he consistently insults God's character.

S_F should be viewed as nothing more than a divider among believers, a mocker, and an accuser hell-bent on self-justifying his belief in his own doctrinal superiority. He seeks nothing at all but to constantly reaffirm his own theological correctness. He believes that we all must answer to him and he believes that he alone controls the terms of controversy here in matters of faith. Thus so many question marks in his postings.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 06-17-2017 at 01:34 PM.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    That would be the case, if God doesn't hold men accountable for the sins He decrees that they commit, but He does, so your statement doesn't refute the Bible's position.

In the Bible, God holds men accountable for their sins because He is their judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    S_F is just smart enough to divide believers, but he's just ignorant enough to not see that he consistently insults God's character.

S_F should be viewed as nothing more than a divider among believers, a mocker, and an accuser hell-bent on self-justifying his belief in his own doctrinal superiority. He seeks nothing at all but to constantly reaffirm his own theological correctness. He believes that we all must answer to him and he believes that he alone controls the terms of controversy here in matters of faith. Thus so many question marks in his postings.
    Believers in what? We don't believe in the same gods.

We don't believe in the same gods.
    My God, unlike yours, doesn't reduce Jesus' Atonement to having no more power than Eli saying alms and killing a goat.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6484324

Thank You, acptulsa, for reminding me of the heresy which was offered to us by the STN, S_F, in the op. I hijacked your words since I couldn't have put it any better myself.

S_F does ignorantly insult God's character in a way that I, for one, don't often see in such a prideful, self-serving, way. His bastardization of the Bible, God's Word, and Natural Law, is offensive.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 06-17-2017 at 02:02 PM.

My God, unlike yours, doesn't reduce Jesus' Atonement to having no more power than Eli saying alms and killing a goat.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6484324

Thank You, acptulsa, for reminding me of the heresy which was offered to us by the STN, S_F, in the op. I hijacked your words since I couldn;t have put it any better myself.

S_F does ignorantly insult God's character in a way that I, for one, don't often see in such a prideful, self-serving, way.
    You keep referring to this common god that we both know, but I'm telling that we do not believe in the same gods. You understand me right? We have different religions and we worship different gods. I don't believe in your religion. I don't believe in your god.

You keep referring to this common god that we both know, but I'm telling that we do not believe in the same gods. You understand me right? We have different religions and we worship different gods. I don't believe in your religion. I don't believe in your god.
    The Lord is never gonna give anyone up, S_F. Here...learn, dummy... How to Destroy Total Inability In a Single Verse.

The Lord is never gonna give anyone up, S_F. Here...learn, dummy... How to Destroy Total Inability In a Single Verse.
    What lord?

What lord?
    The One who said O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings...but you were not willing. Matthew 23:37.

Jesus wept. Jesus was willing to receive them. But they were unwilling to be received. Perhaps the only time in the Bible that Jesus wept after witnessing the consequences of the good pleasure of the Father.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 06-17-2017 at 02:42 PM.

The One who said O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings...but you were not willing. Matthew 23:37.
    That isn't sound theology. Too bad Sola wasn't there to educate Jesus.

/s
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We're all painfully aware that you have forsaken Yahweh for a man-mad [sic] god who is based on gnostic gnonsense [sic].
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Jesus wept. Jesus was willing to receive them. But they were unwilling to be received. Perhaps the only time in the Bible that Jesus wept after witnessing the consequences of the good pleasure of the Father.
    What is the rest of the paragraph?

What is the rest of the paragraph?
    Look, your house is left to you desolate. For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.

Jesus in the previous verse, Matthew 23:37, was, by his own words, attributing the lost condition of Jerusalem to her own unwillingness to receive Him, not because of the want of election.

Again...O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings...but you were not willing.

This is the Word of the Lord.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 06-17-2017 at 03:31 PM.

He's also too ignorant or pigheaded to admit his inconsistencies.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Look, your house is left to you desolate. For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.

Jesus in the previous verse, Matthew 23:37, was, by his own words, attributing the lost condition of Jerusalem to her own unwillingness to receive Him, not because of the want of election.

Again...O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings...but you were not willing.

This is the Word of the Lord.
    So that is a judgement passage against the Jews, right?

So that is a judgement passage against the Jews, right?
    Wrong.

Romans 3:9-12: "What shall we conclude then? Do we have any advantage? Not at all! For we have already made the charge that Jews and Gentiles alike are all under the power of sin. There is no one righteous, not even one; there is no one who understands, no one who seeks God. All have turned away, they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one."

Paul is talking about dealing with "The Fool" - Psalm 14

Go color. Ya weasel.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 06-17-2017 at 05:32 PM.

The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks Him. Lamentations 3:25

The Lord is good to those who are not, in Jesus' Word, the unwilling.

Wrong.

Romans 3:9-12: "What shall we conclude then? Do we have any advantage? Not at all! For we have already made the charge that Jews and Gentiles alike are all under the power of sin. There is no one righteous, not even one; there is no one who understands, no one who seeks God. All have turned away, they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one."

Paul is talking about dealing with "The Fool" - Psalm 14

Go color. Ya weasel.
    The verse in Matthew is a judgement passage about the Jews.

But I'm glad you posted the verse you just did.

How can a person who is under the power of sin, as Paul says, choose God?

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The verse in Matthew is a judgement passage about the Jews.
    Jews and Gentiles alike were "under sin." Sin is not peculiar to lowly Gentiles, but also afflicts the favored Jews. That is the message. So don't try to spin it like the jews alone were singled out. That is precisely the opposite of the meaning of verse 9. Ya weasel.

But I'm glad you posted the verse you just did.
    Good. I did it on purpose.

How can a person who is under the power of sin, as Paul says, choose God?
    Paul was not making a sweeping theological statement about a Total Inability in every human being. He was speaking generally of those who were "perishing" opposers. Both Jews and Greeks.

Read 1 Corinthians 1:18 through 2:16 for proper tenor. Read that and come back to me for the moral of the story. I want to go through each and every one of the fundamental Calvinist proof-texts and place the proper tenor into scripture for you. And you're darned lucky that I just happen to know all of the fundamental Calvinist proof-texts.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 06-17-2017 at 07:50 PM.

Jews and Gentiles alike were "under sin." Sin is not peculiar to lowly Gentiles, but also afflicts the favored Jews. That is the message. So don;t try to spin it like the jews alone were singld out. That is precisely the opposite of the meaning of verse 9. Ya weasel.

Good. I did it on purpose.

Paul was not making a sweeping theological statement about a Total Inability in every human being. He was speaking generally of those who were "perishing" opposers. Both Jews and Greeks.

Read 1 Corinthians 1:18 through 2:16 for proper tenor. Read that and come back to me for the moral of the story. I want to go through each and every on of the fundamental Calvinist proof-texts and place the proper tenor into scripture for you. And you're darned lucky that I just happen to know all of the fundamental Calvinist proof-texts.
    Let's stick with the verse you mentioned.
    Romans 3:9-12

"What shall we conclude then? Do we have any advantage? Not at all! For we have already made the charge that Jews and Gentiles alike are all under the power of sin. There is no one righteous, not even one; there is no one who understands, no one who seeks God. All have turned away, they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one.
    We are all alike under the power of sin. There is no one who does good. No one seeks for God.

But you say man is not controlled by sin, man does good, and man does seek for God.

Who do you think is right?

You're right about that. You worship a puppeteer, the monster God of Calvinism. Thankfully, that God does not exist, except for in the prideful, twisted minds of Calvinists.
    Last edited by lilymc; 06-17-2017 at 07:14 PM.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Let's stick with the verse you mentioned.
    nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh. Uh uh. You lost that one. As was offered in post #39, Jesus himself wanted to receive Jerusalem. They chose not to receive. Your Total Inability blasphemy was proven wrong by Jesus, Himself. Fool.

We're moving on to the next classic Calvinist proof-text.

Go read what I told you to read and come back to me. Go on. pst...

Don't come back and say a peep to me until you do. And don't stop at 1 Corinthians 2:14 and try to pull another proof-text either. I know how you STN punks do. The words of 1 Corinthians 2:14 must be understood within the tenor of 1:18 through 2:16.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 06-17-2017 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    You're right about that. You worship a puppeteer, the monster God of Calvinism. Thankfully, that God does not exist, except for in the prideful, twisted minds of Calvinists.
    Right on, lily. Thanks for saying that.

It's sad that you believe that, but Satan masquerades as an angel of light, and you have been blinded by his ministers.

You worship a god who is not omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, or just. In other words, not the God of the Bible.

These things are spiritually discerned. You have the exact same objection that the hypothetical objector has in Romans 9, and Paul's answer back to him applies to you too. You should read that.

It's sad that you believe that, but Satan masquerades as an angel of light, and you have been blinded by his ministers.

You worship a god who is not omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, or just. In other words, not the God of the Bible.
    Because forcing some people to do evil things, and not allowing them to choose to change, then damning them to hell is more benevolent then wanting all men to be saved?

These things are spiritually discerned.
    Thank God you're not like that sinner!

You have the exact same objection that the hypothetical objector has in Romans 9, and Paul's answer back to him applies to you too. You should read that.
    Why the hell would you waste your time telling people to go read $#@! that cannot possibly change their preordained hearts?!
    Amash>Trump

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh. Uh uh. You lost that one. As was offered in post #39, Jesus himself wanted to receive Jerusalem. They chose not to receive.

We're moving on to the next classic Calvinist proof-text.

Go read what I told you to read and come back to me. Go on. pst...
    Sir, I remember last year on these boards that you were an atheist, and now for you to act so incredibly strident about issues you clearly do not have the ability to argue is embarrassing. Like, I'm embarrassed for you.

The verse in Matthew 23 is an example of the difference between God's prescriptive will and His decree. God's prescriptive will is for Israel to repent, but His decree from all eternity was that the Jews would reject Jesus:
    Acts 4:27

For truly in this city there were gathered together against Your holy servant Jesus, whom You anointed, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, along with the Gentiles and the peoples of Israel, to do whatever Your hand and Your purpose predestined to occur.
    Israel's rejection of Jesus and the crucifixion was predestined and purposed by God.

If you want to keep embarrassing yourself and acting so confident about things you clearly don't know much about, go for it.
    Last edited by Sola_Fide; 06-17-2017 at 07:57 PM.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sir, I remember last year on these boards that you were an atheist, and now for you to act so incredibly strident about issues you clearly do not have the ability to argue is embarrassing. Like, I'm embarrassed for you.
    No. I've never been an atheist. Go read what I said to read. And don't come back to me until you do. If I'm so stupid, then I should be a real pushover for you.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 06-17-2017 at 08:01 PM.

The verse in Matthew 25 is an example of the difference between God's prescriptive will and His decree. God's prescriptive will is for Israel to repent, but His decree from all eternity was that the Jews would reject Jesus:

Israel's rejection of Jesus and the crucifixion was predestined and purposed by God.

If you want to keep embarrassing yourself and acting so confident about things you clearly don't know much about, go for it.
    You are embarrassing yourself. God now has two opposing wills that duke it out? Take your Gnosticism and go home.
    Amash>Trump

Not at all. Just because God isn't a cosmic puppeteer who has no respect for human free will does not mean that God is not omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, or just. Just the opposite is true, and the fact that you don't see that is very sad. And it makes me wonder what spirit is guiding you. With your pride, your love for strife, arrogant accusations, dishonest cherry picking of verses, and butchering of God's character… It's certainly not the Holy Spirit.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Not at all. Just because God isn't a cosmic puppeteer who has no respect for human free will does not mean that God is not omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, or just. Just the opposite is true, and the fact that you don't see that is very sad. And it makes me wonder what spirit is guiding you. With your pride, your love for strife, arrogant accusations, dishonest cherry picking of verses, and butchering of God's character… It's certainly not the Holy Spirit.
    Aw man. Remember that argument we got into the other day about Satan? Anyway...SF?...yeah....no doubt about what spirit is guiding him. I'm surprised that you even wonder. It's a dead giveaway. S_F is, by his own postings, a divider, an accuser, a mocker, and a destroyer. And we know that spirit well. But as I told him the other day, he will never be a ruler. Never.

So, see? I agree with you. Indeed Satan does exist. And as we see...he's very active. Minions everywhere. heheheh.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 06-17-2017 at 08:13 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast