Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Senate passes sweeping sanctions bill targeting Iran, Russia, 98-2.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Very interesting because Lee stated that he did not vote for the sanctions bill & the SLT says that only Lee & Rand voted against it.
    ...looks like you got some bad information...everywhere i've read says paul and sanders are the two no's...which makes sense as republicrat lee is a fairly typical gd fool republican interventionist/warmonger...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Take a mental note everybody, other than these 2 every senator is Evil.
    Never think otherwise when any of them run for some office.
    ...so are you a 'bernie bro?'

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by H. E. Panqui View Post
    ...so are you a 'bernie bro?'
    Rand Paul and Mike Lee is what I was told.
    Sanders is Insane other ways.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

...looks like you got some bad information...everywhere i've read says paul and sanders are the two no's...which makes sense as republicrat lee is a fairly typical gd fool republican interventionist/warmonger...
    Lee has backed or co-sponsored many of Rand's bill proposals- and vs/vs- he is NOT like the rest of the senate- gonna look into this.
    There is no spoon.

Rand Paul and Mike Lee is what I was told.
    Sanders is Insane other ways.

S. 722 (Countering Iran's Destabilizing Activities Act of 2017) was the overall bill passed on June 15. Rand and Sanders voted 'no'.
    https://www.senate.gov/legislative/L...n=1&vote=00147

S.Amdt. 232 to S. 722 (Countering Iran's Destabilizing Activities Act of 2017) was an amendment on the bill which passed on June 14. Rand and Mike Lee voted 'no'.
    https://www.senate.gov/legislative/L...n=1&vote=00144

So the final bill put sanctions on both Iran and Russia:
    • Mike Lee wanted sanctions on Iran but not Russia but in the final bill he ended up voting for putting sanctions on both.
    • Sanders wanted sanctions on Russia but not Iran but in the final bill he ended up voting against putting sanctions on both.
    • Rand didn't want sanctions on Russia or Iran and in the final bill he voted against putting sanctions on both.

Quote Originally Posted by charrob View Post
    S. 722 (Countering Iran's Destabilizing Activities Act of 2017) was the overall bill passed on June 15. Rand and Sanders voted 'no'.
    https://www.senate.gov/legislative/L...n=1&vote=00147

S.Amdt. 232 to S. 722 (Countering Iran's Destabilizing Activities Act of 2017) was an amendment on the bill which passed on June 14. Rand and Mike Lee voted 'no'.

So the final bill put sanctions on both Iran and Russia:
    • Mike Lee wanted sanctions on Iran but not Russia but in the final bill he ended up voting for putting sanctions on both.
    • Sanders wanted sanctions on Russia but not Iran but in the final bill he ended up voting against putting sanctions on both.
    • Rand didn't want sanctions on Russia or Iran and in the final bill he voted against putting sanctions on both.
    Thank you.
    So Rand is the only one who is not in favor of WW3.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

(I wondered how long it would take Europe to wake up. )

"That Must Not Happen": Germany Threatens US With Retaliation Over New Russia Sanctions

Last edited by goldenequity; 06-16-2017 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    They say that so Russia will blame us, but Europe is behind this Russia-phobia.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Thank you.
    So Rand is the only one who is not in favor of WW3.

Right.

Goldenequity you keep coming up with these great posts but the system won't let me +rep you right now. I have no problem with destroying NATO, but this is not good. There is a real re-aligning being done among countries; that Saudi Arabia, Israel, and Qatar are our bestest of friends while we push Europe away does not seem too smart to me.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by charrob View Post
    Goldenequity you keep coming up with these great posts but the system won't let me +rep you right now. I have no problem with destroying NATO, but this is not good. There is a real re-aligning being done among countries; that Saudi Arabia, Israel, and Qatar are our bestest of friends while we push Europe away does not seem too smart to me.
    Dump them all.
    GOD will take care of Israel if he feels they deserve it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    But that link is a vote to an amendment to an amendment. Here is passage. https://www.senate.gov/legislative/L...n=1&vote=00147
    OK- looks like Lee voted against the amendment which included Russia and voted for the original bill which is basically about Iran.

Too bad- I think Lee's usually more intelligent that this.

Utah Sen. Mike Lee was one of just two senators Wednesday who voted against a bipartisan measure to impose sanctions on Russia for cyberattacks and meddling in the 2016 presidential election.

Lee believes the amendment, part of a bigger, still pending package, which also includes sanctions on Iran, is costly and ultimately doesn't hit the mark.

"The Russian sanctions amendment included funding for programs and support of policies that I believe are not effective at addressing problems in the U.S.-Russia relationship and have promoted progressive policies unrelated to countering Russia at the expense of American taxpayers," Lee said in a statement.

Lee specifically opposed a section of the amendment that appropriates $250 million to coordinate aid and counter cyberattacks in a handful of countries "vulnerable to influence."

During a "tele town hall" Wednesday night, where Lee answered questions in an online video chat, the senator said those funds could potentially go to nongovernmental groups that "have in the past spent money on politically divisive projects."

"I'm not about to authorize new spending — $250 million or a lesser sum or a greater sum — to do that again without adequate restraints in place to make sure that these international organizations aren't going to blow this money or aren't going to spend it in a way that's harmful to the interests of the American people," he explained.

The other senator voting no, Republican Rand Paul of Kentucky, told The Washington Examiner that he doesn't favor any new measures against Iran or Russia. The sanctions that passed Wednesday, he added, are inadequate, like "tweaking their nose."
    There is no spoon.

I've been waiting for this cake to bake.
    They're cutting their own throats and they need to stop.
    Developing ties & trade with Russia, China and the EurAsian trading bloc
    only makes absolute logical sense sense for them.
    Politics should never drive markets.. bad things happen when it does.

Europe became the punching bag taking all the economic hits for this US 'policy'.

I didn't post the F U video to express antagonism to Europeans..
    I posted to portray how
    Deep State types like Pyatt & Nuland mock and ridicule them for it.
    They're not 'allies'.. they're treated like vassal states
    It confounds me why they put up with it.

I've been waiting for this cake to bake.
    They're cutting their own throats and they need to stop.
    Developing ties & trade with Russia, China and the EurAsian trading bloc
    only makes absolute logical sense sense for them.
    Politics should never drive markets.. bad things happen when it does.

Europe became the punching bag taking all the economic hits for this US 'policy'.

I didn't post the F U video to express antagonism to Europeans..
    I posted to portray how
    Deep State types like Pyatt & Nuland mock and ridicule them for it.
    They're not 'allies'.. they're treated like vassal states
    It confounds me why they put up with it.
    Because they are the puppet master pretending to be the puppet.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

In case there was any doubt,
    U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson has just confirmed that official U.S. policy towards Iran includes regime change.

ANTIMEDIA
    Sec. of State Tillerson Admits US Policy of Regime Change for Iran

Designating the Iranian Revolutionary Guard in its entirety as a terrorist organization
    (yunno... the ones liberating entire Christian villages in Syria and defending Lebanon/Christian President Michael Aoun)
    IRGC will spearhead ground offensive to liberate the Deir Ezzor.

It's ALL coming unglued & hegemons R butthurt

meanwhile the rats are killing each other off...
    Idlib ('Green Bus' Jihaddi storage facility)

Infighting between HTS, FSA and ISIS sleeper cells erupts in Idlib city https://

Further evidence of the decaying alliance between Turkish, Qatari-backed Islamist groups and Saudi-backed jihadist factions.

Where's muh terrorist?

Last edited by goldenequity; 06-17-2017 at 01:34 PM.

Just L@@K at these headlines... Syria is going to get her country back... hegemon Syrian plans R done. Assad Must Go!! hahaha

http://en.farsnews.com/Default.aspx

funny stuff...

CNN mourns the loss of their fallen caliph

Last edited by goldenequity; 06-17-2017 at 01:55 PM.

Lee has backed or co-sponsored many of Rand's bill proposals- and vs/vs- he is NOT like the rest of the senate- gonna look into this.
    ...it seems to me, on the most important of issue$, 'there ain't a dimes difference' between [ugh]lee and the rest of the republicrat warmongering monetary ignoramuses fed to us by the backroom $tring-puller$...

http://www.jpost.com/Diplomacy-and-P...rling-Mike-Lee

"Lee, 39, has been to Israel in the past and is considered a strong supporter. His wife lived and studied here for an extended period of time at the Brigham Young University extension in Jerusalem.In a pre-election position paper Lee wrote that Israel is Washington’s closest ally in the Middle East, and “faces many of the same threats confronting the United States.”His position paper said he supported the “maintenance of Israel’s qualitative military edge” and “direct talks between Israel and the Palestinian Authority based on the fundamental principles that Israel should remain – and be recognized by the Palestinians as – a Jewish state.” Even before meeting Netanyahu, Lee said in his position paper that Israel “must have safe and secure borders and the ability to monitor and protect those borders,” and that if there are disagreements between Israel and the US, “those differences should be discussed and resolved in private, as is befitting the close relationship between two great democratic allies. No country, including the United States, should seek to impose any agreement upon Israel.”

After the meeting with Netanyahu, one government source said that Lee is not “neutral” on Israel – “he is a friend.”

ZEROHEDGE
    Trump Cornered: White House Pushing To Weaken Russia Sanctions Bill

The new 'sanctions' dictate is US designed to confound/delay
    the Nordstrum 2 gas pipeline deal direct from Russia to Germany hub
    (look ma NO TRANSIT FEES! Shrinks European dependency on US GAS shipments)
    If Trump vetoes... Deepstate portrays him as manchurian Prez.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    On the government page it says Lee & Rand:

That was the vote on adding the amendment to S722 which added Russian sanctions to the already created Iran sanctions, not the vote on S722 itself.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

...how many people in that 'liberty caucus,' again?...

...ugh...
    1. There is 1 excellent U.S. Senator. Better than 10, 20, or 40 years ago. Still not enough to make any difference on the federal level, unfortunately
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    That was the vote on adding the amendment to S722 which added Russian sanctions to the already created Iran sanctions, not the vote on S722 itself.
    Yeah- I said that in post 42.

Thanks, though-
    There is no spoon.

Yeah- I said that in post 42.

Thanks, though-
    Cool. I'm glad others are watching what they're up to while the news cycle is filled with manufactured distractions.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12