Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best One-Hit Wonders Evaaaarrrrrr.

There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

I'm going to see them July 28th at Chastain. I bought the tickets to see The English Beat. This will be the third or fourth time I've gone to see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

... and lest we forget (or would like to)...

the song... actually by The Champs.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    This would be my pick .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    I have that on vinyl.
    Do something Danke

This is the Best One-Hit Wonder Evaaaarrrrrr ... (any other one-hit wonder is, at most, a contender for second place ...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASwge9wc-eI
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 06-15-2017 at 05:29 PM. Reason: replaced video (changed to one without the VH1 cruft)
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

I love that song!!!

One of my BFFs is named Allene. We call her Little Al. She was named after her mom, Big Al. Her daughter is just Al. True story.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    This is the Best One-Hit Wonder Evaaaarrrrrr ... (any other one-hit wonder is, at best, a contender for second place ...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVxcwe7EcaY
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is the Best One-Hit Wonder Evaaaarrrrrr ... (any other one-hit wonder is, at most, a contender for second place ...)
    My pick for runner-up ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPUmE-tne5U

My pick for runner-up ...
    And an honorable mention ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR4XNqrqxrU

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I'm going to see them July 28th at Chastain. I bought the tickets to see The English Beat. This will be the third or fourth time I've gone to see them.

She's playing, too.

Ha! They wore that song out at Playland (skating rink I frequented).

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Best song of my 1983 Summer.

Butthole Surfers are a one hit wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASwge9wc-eI
    You beat me to it.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

I am almost surprised to not have seen The Tubes mentioned , but like Golden Earring and Iron Butterfly I like most of the stuff they have .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Best horrible song ever made.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    UB40 had lots of hits. Well, at least a few.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries

I lost a car once at a Yes concert .
    Do something Danke

Someone doesn't seem to understand what a "one-hit wonder" is ...

Quote Originally Posted by HitoKichi View Post

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast