Thread: U.S. arms deal w/Qatar?... really?

Exclamation U.S. arms deal w/Qatar?... really?

With a substantial arms deal w/the Saudis already in the works & their recent moves against Qatar, now this?...

The United States signed an agreement with Qatar on Monday to sell the Gulf Arab ally Apache attack helicopters and Patriot and Javelin air-defense systems valued at $11 billion."Today's signing ceremony underscores the strong partnership between the United States and Qatar in the area of security and defense and will help improve our bilateral cooperation across a range of military operations," Pentagon spokesman Rear Admiral John Kirby said in a statement.
    The agreement was signed at the Pentagon by U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel and Qatar's defense minister, Hamad bin Ali al-Attiyah.
    It was the biggest U.S. arms sale so far this year, according to media reports.
    more... http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...0FJ2M820140714

Sounds like a recipe for yet another conflict in the middle east.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And when those Apache's tear up a town, killing innocent civilians, who do you think they are going to think carried out the attack by a very distinctive American made chopter?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    And when those Apache's tear up a town, killing innocent civilians, who do you think they are going to think carried out the attack by a very distinctive American made chopter?

so what if they do think that?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Hopefully this will prevent another boondoggle and lead to world peace
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

I was just thinking this morning that, that's what the ME needs is more weapons.

This is the arms deal to remove Paul Ryan from speakership.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

At least the US is no longer playing games; we fund and arm terrorist.

I think there is going to be a new war soon, not because of the headlines but because of the comments. I think another war is going to serve the anti trump narrative and the pro Trump narrative at the same time. Democrats will blame the war on Trump and Trump gets to blame it on the Senate or Obama.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I was just thinking this morning that, that's what the ME needs is more weapons.
    I was listening to LRN.FM yesterday. During the "top of the hour" news summaries, it was noted that in the Senate debate over the Saudi arms deal (which passed ), John McCain and Lindsey Graham criticized Rand Paul's opposition to the deal. One of the points Rand made in oppostion to the deal was the devastation it would enable the Saudis to inflict on innocent Yemeni people.

Tweedledum and Tweedledee rebutted Rand by asserting that using modern American weapons against Yemen would actually save innocent Yemeni lives due to the greater accuracy and reliability of those weapons ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    modern American weapons against Yemen would actually save innocent Yemeni lives due to the greater accuracy and reliability of those weapons ...
    We've loaded the Tomahawk Missiles we sold the Saudi's with pop tarts and Doritos.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    I think there is going to be a new war soon, not because of the headlines but because of the comments. I think another war is going to serve the anti trump narrative and the pro Trump narrative at the same time. Democrats will blame the war on Trump and Trump gets to blame it on the Senate or Obama.
    We are dropping bombs on seven countries in the ME now without congressional approval of war. The next war the president start will probably go unnoticed, unless it is with Russia.

Insanity.

Well we do want them to be able to kill as many Saudis as possible when the war breaks out RIGHT?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post
    We are dropping bombs on seven countries in the ME now without congressional approval of war. The next war the president start will probably go unnoticed, unless it is with Russia.
    We are ever lurching toward that scenario with our continued shenanigans in Syria.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post
    The next war the president start will probably go unnoticed, unless it is with Russia.
    What's to notice? We have always been at war with Eastasia.