Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BREAKING: Gunman opens fire on GOP congressional baseball team practice session

10:41 AM
    June 14 by Matt Zapotosky and Ellen Nakashima

Shooter identified by law enforcement officials as James T. Hodgkinson
    The shooter at the GOP congressional baseball practice this morning is James T. Hodgkinson of Belleville, Ill., according to law enforcement officials. Hodgkinson, 66, owns a home inspection business, but his home inspection license expired in November 2016 and was not renewed, state records show.

Hodgkinson was charged in April 2006 with battery and aiding damage to a motor vehicle, according to online records in St. Clair County, Ill. The charges were dismissed, records show.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.6c52c05ed74e

Acquaintance describes campaigning for Bernie Sanders with shooting suspect

Charles Orear, 50, a restaurant manager from St. Louis, said in an interview Wednesday that he became friendly with James T. Hodgkinson, whom law enforcement officials identified as the shooter, during their work in Iowa on Sen. Bernie Sanders’s presidential campaign. Orear said Hodgkinson was a passionate progressive and showed no signs of violence or malice toward others.

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” Orear said when told by phone. “I met him on the Bernie trail in Iowa, worked with him in the Quad Cities area.”

Orear described Hodgkinson as a “quiet guy” who was “very mellow, very reserved” when they stayed overnight at a Sanders’s supporter home in Rock Island, Ill., after canvassing for the senator.

“He was this union tradesman, pretty stocky, and we stayed up talking politics,” he said. “He was more on the really progressive side of things.”

The Post reached out to Orear after seeing that he liked one of Hodkinson’s Facebook posts.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.2d01e67996f4

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This place is turning in to the 1960s pretty quick
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Everyone's trying to politicize this into a big story, it would be nice to hear the real motive. One could even argue with the stuff Rand Paul has been saying lately this could of been a warning shot. I hope he doesn't back down after all of this, he is fighting the good fight and is on the right side of history on things.
    A witness said that someone walked up to him and asked if they were Republicans or Democrats.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    This place is turning in to the 1960s pretty quick
    Its like the Quiet Revolution all over again

Looks like the gunman will have to tried posthumously.

Trump speaking now. Says shooter has died.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    can anyone read what the button on his shirt says?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

His twitter handle: @JTHInspections
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    I meant FLQ

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

By the way, today is Trump's 71st birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    can anyone read what the button on his shirt says?
    Probably ASHI - American Society of Home Inspectors

This is why the SPLC is retarded. Right wing violence my ass.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Is it just me or does this guy look like Walter from The Big Lebowski?

- Diogenes of Sinope

He not only was a Bernie supporter, he volunteered on the campaign.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    Who is going to play short stop now?
    Who's on first.

This is what happens when the left and MSM sets the hate filled narrative, day after day, to take down a President and Republicans.

A Trump-hating Bernie supporter, James T. Hodgkinson

ETA:

Congress baseball gunman was a Trump-hating Bernie supporter: Hero cops kill white Illinois man, 66, who opened fire on Republican lawmakers with an assault rifle, leaving four injured

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4jzl55U1H
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    This still doesn't change my mind this isn't enough to make me not hate cops who blindly follow orders and are cowards who don't go after bad cops out of fear of others turning against them. I am glad though that Rand Paul is alive and fighting for my liberty.

It's good that the Police were there to respond. No doubt about that.

Rand is being a little hyperbolic saying that everyone would have died. That is never the case. People always run or sometimes take down the shooter without firearms (baseball practice, hint, hint).
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Probably ASHI - American Society of Home Inspectors

And a huge sigh of relief goes up on the left that it was a white guy.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    40 shots and a bunch of misses is understandable. I was a good shot, but the first time I shot at a deer I had buck fever so bad my shaky hands made me cleanlymiss the deer with about 3 shots. It just stood there looking at me like I was an idiot and it was within 40 yards.

Killing another man is much harder. I read a stat that in most prior wars the majority of combatants weren't aiming to kill their opponents.

In the Marines they taught us to charge straight into an ambush for this reason. It's hharder to shooot a man facing you than shooting his back sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    This is what happens when the left and MSM sets the hate filled narrative, day after day, to take down a President and Republicans.
    They have poisoned all of society for their perceived political gains. Now we all pay the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    It's good that the Police were there to respond. No doubt about that.

Rand is being a little hyperbolic saying that everyone would have died. That is never the case. People always run or sometimes take down the shooter without firearms (baseball practice, hint, hint).
    People have private security. Scalise is the majority whip and is always accompanied by armed officers.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    And a huge sigh of relief goes up on the left that it was a white guy.
    Still, he is one if them.

wouldve been great if Rand was armed and took down that leftist loon himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Trump speaking now. Says shooter has died.
    This is how you know it is BS.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    aw hell

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Newt Gingrich is saying this is just a wacko like the guy that shot Gabby Gifford. More than one talking head has made that comparison.

Hate to break the bad news to them, the guy that shot Gifford was a true crazy person, as are the majority of mass shooters.

This guy today appears to be a fully functional person who made a conscious decision to engage in political assassination. This is far more dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    He was armed. But his weapon only works at close range, and he was far away.

So, has anyone explained how a cadre of trained federal bodyguards allows a guy carrying an assault rifle into the venue undetected? Or are we still getting nothing but Congress critters saying, 'Don't shoot us. We're really nice. We may be robbing y'all blind, but we don't know what we're doing, so don't shoot us.'
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post

Sounds pretty out of character

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast