Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BREAKING: Gunman opens fire on GOP congressional baseball team practice session

Exclamation BREAKING: Gunman opens fire on GOP congressional baseball team practice session

Not much to go on right now...

Reports: 'Multiple shooting' at congressional baseball game practice field

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...practice-field

A "multiple shooting" was reported early Wednesday at a congressional baseball game practice field in Alexandria, Va.

ABC 7 News reported "multiple shooting" in the 400 block of E. Monroe Street.

The suspect is "believed in custody," ABC reported, according to Alexandria police.

GOP Whip Steve Scalise and two Capitol Police officers on protective detail were shot, according to multiple reports

A reporter from Fox News also tweeted that staffers were hit.

"Right now, we're secure," Rep. Mo Brooks (R-Ala.) told CNN Wednesday morning.

Brooks said "at least five" people were shot, his voice breaking.

Brooks said Scalise was shot in the hip and "dragging his body" to get away from the shooter.

White House press secretary Sean Spicer said both President Trump and Vice President Pence are aware of the “developing situation in Virginia.”

“Our thoughts and prayers are with all affected,” he tweeted.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 06-14-2017 at 06:25 AM.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Multiple shot at GOP baseball practice in Virginia, Majority Whip hit

http://myfox8.com/2017/06/14/multipl...rity-whip-hit/

POSTED 7:59 AM, JUNE 14, 2017, BY WEB STAFF, UPDATED AT 08:16AM, JUNE 14, 2017

ALEXANDRIA, Va. — House Majority Whip Steve Scalise and several aides were shot at a baseball practice in Virginia Wednesday morning.

Shots were first reported on East Monroe Street in Alexandria, Fox News reports. Scalise was standing near second base when he was shot in the hip, Alabama Representative Mo Brooks told CNN.

Brooks said at least five others were injured and he helped two people who were shot.

After realizing what was happening, Brooks said he behind the batting cage and heard between “20 and 30 shots.”

He and other Congress members were practicing for a charity game, which is scheduled for Thursday night.

Alexandria police said in a series of tweets Wednesday morning that the suspect is believed to be in custody and victims are being taken to the hospital. Sen. Mike Lee told the network the gunman was dead.

Mewonders the political position of the shooter.

Hang on to your hats; I'm sure the "left" are going to go apey over this one... or maybe not since Republicans were the targets.

Best wishes to all who got hurt. I hope the "dragging" the body deal is not indicative of what it likely is.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Rand was there...

Rand Paul says 50-60 shots.
    http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017...ball-practice/

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Mewonders the political position of the shooter.

Hang on to your hats; I'm sure the "left" are going to go apey over this one... or maybe not since Republicans were the targets.

Best wishes to all who got hurt. I hope the "dragging" the body deal is not indicative of what it likely is.
    Could go a bunch of ways...they've (the left) have been screaming for war for months now...maybe now they have it.

Course, this was, or looks like, an attack on the ruling class, which means they will hunker down behind even more security and take away more freedom from us.

Rand talking on abc now.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    "The Patriarch"

If the guy took 40 shots and only hit one person he must have been trying to make some kind of statement (like, hey, I'm crazy so you need to make guns illegal...)
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Something tells me this time it's not muslims...
    "The Patriarch"

"The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    If the guy took 40 shots and only hit one person he must have been trying to make some kind of statement (like, hey, I'm crazy so you need to make guns illegal...)
    Possibly.

I've seen cops, supposedly "trained professionals", do the same thing however.

My guess is the shooter was a noob...sends a magazine downrange from the hip or "gangster style" and expected everybody to drop dead, like the movies.

Then got shot while trying to load a fresh magazine.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 06-14-2017 at 07:23 AM.

5 people were hit and it sounds. It sounds like the dugout both saved people but it allowed the shooter to continue for a lot longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post

Something tells me this time it's not muslims...
    No, I'm not guessing so either.

I thought five had been shot.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

“We were there within 3 minutes...two of our officers engaged in gunfire -- return fire,” Alexandria Police Chief Brown says
    When seconds count, cops are only minutes away.

Possibly.

I've seen cops, supposedly "trained professionals", do the same thing however.
    The oh-so-very operative term.

Got shot while trying to load a fresh magazine.
    WOOHOO!

Killed, or will he be grillable for the admission that Obama hired him?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When seconds count, cops are only minutes away.
    It was a good thing a high ranking poohbah was there.

He said lawmakers and aides were lucky that Capitol Police were at the scene.

"One of the things that's really fortunate and probably why — everybody probably would have died expect for the fact that the Capitol Hill police were there," he said.

Capitol Police were at the scene because of the presence of Scalise, the third-ranking Republican in GOP leadership.

"If Scalise wouldn't have been on the team — unfortunately he was hit and I hope he does well — but also by him being there it probably saved everybody else's life because if you don't have a leadership person there, there would have been so security there," Paul said.

"They do a great job. These are brave men and women and we were really lucky they were there," he said.
    http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbyi...-police-werent

2 thoughts:

1. Man, guns are dangerous! You never know when those things are going to start shooting people!

2. Was it time? Because not everybody got the memo.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

I don't wish anybody getting shot, but I'm just glad Randal wasn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I don't wish anybody getting shot, but I'm just glad Randal wasn't one of them.
    I don't wish anyone shot either, but I'm also not real broken up about it being 66% cop casualties.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

You can expect a new push for gun control after this...

Supporting Member
    Florida

Blog Entries
    So far I know of Scalise, Paul, and DeSantis who were there. Do we have any confirmation of others who were present at the practice?

Here's a team roster: https://www.congressionalbaseball.org/teams/

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro97 View Post
    So far I know of Scalise, Paul, and DeSantis who were there. Do we have any confirmation of others who were present at the practice?

Here's a team roster: https://www.congressionalbaseball.org/teams/
    Right now, Scalise is the only congressman known to be wounded.

Here are the lawmakers who were at the practice, according to the latest NBC News reporting:

Steve Scalise (R-Louisiana)

Gary Palmer (R-Alabama)

Brad Wenstrup (R-Ohio)

Jeff Flake (R-Arizona)

Rand Paul (R-Kentucky)

Mo Brooks (R-Alabama)

Chuck Fleischmann (R-Tennessee)

Roger Williams (R-Texas)

Mark Walker (R-North Carolina)

Mike Conaway (R-Texas)

Joe Barton (R-Texas)

Mike Bishop (R-Michigan)

Rodney Davis (R-Illinois)

John Moolenar (R-Michigan)

Ron DeSantis (R-Florida, left before it happened, but saw from afar)

Jeff Duncan (R-South Carolina, left before it happened)

Bill Johnson (R-Ohio, was at practice but left early)

This list will be updated
    http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/cong...c-rss_20170614

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The left is already in firm "Guns did this, ban guns!" Mode....

The right is already in firm "leftist assassin" mode....

I'm going to have breakfast and watch the world burn.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

This still doesn't change my mind this isn't enough to make me not hate cops who blindly follow orders and are cowards who don't go after bad cops out of fear of others turning against them. I am glad though that Rand Paul is alive and fighting for my liberty.

SNL skits should be a hoot this week.

showing repub members getting blown away will be a real laugh riot for peeps like Griffin and Colbert...

I am glad Rand is safe but I am almost in tears thinking that Ron could have been there. I still love that man, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    SNL skits should be a hoot this week.

showing repub members getting blown away will be a real laugh riot for peeps like Griffin and Colbert...
    Everyone's trying to politicize this into a big story, it would be nice to hear the real motive. One could even argue with the stuff Rand Paul has been saying lately this could of been a warning shot. I hope he doesn't back down after all of this, he is fighting the good fight and is on the right side of history on things.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Who is going to play short stop now?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast