Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 27 Story building erupts into flames in London

27 Story building erupts into flames in London

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wonder what is inside that building that makes it burn so hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I wonder what is inside that building that makes it burn so hot.
    The teevee just told me that the building has been recently renovated with the ouside being completely cladded in plastic.

I'm not sure that it is a factor, but the exterior sure shows where the fire has been.

According to Rydon, the Architectural firm that carried out the renovation, grenfell tower is 24 stories tall. Fire authorities however, described it as a 27 story building.

???
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I noticed last night while researching Grenfeld Tower that it appears to be mostly Muslim. I wonder if this was some attack against Muslims...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...wer-block.html

People in this story commenting that many died because they followed "official" instructions for an incident like this, and "sheltered in place".

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 06-14-2017 at 07:01 AM.

"Patiently waits for it to collapse into its own footprint at free fall speed"
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    The teevee just told me that the building has been recently renovated with the ouside being completely cladded in plastic.

I'm not sure that it is a factor, but the exterior sure shows where the fire has been.
    Plastic explosives...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is why fire departments should be phased out in favor of sprinkler systems.

Volunteer firefighters can exist but the rest of them should already be rendered obsolete by technology.

They need Steve McQueen to blow the big water tank above the penthouse.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    I noticed last night while researching Grenfeld Tower that it appears to be mostly Muslim. I wonder if this was some attack against Muslims...
    Or maybe it is because they are accustomed to living in a tent in the $#@!ing desert and not a flammable apartment building with thousands of other people.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Strange how they would put something on the building that burns so fast.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Or maybe it is because they are accustomed to living in a tent in the $#@!ing desert and not a flammable apartment building with thousands of other people.
    Seriously?

Where is the tallest building--building, not structure--in the world, O Brilliant One?

You remind me of the morons who come to Oklahoma and ask, 'Where da teepees at? I want the kids to see 'em!'
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Seriously?

Where is the tallest building--building, not structure--in the world, O Brilliant One?

You remind me of the morons who come to Oklahoma and ask, 'Where da teepees at? I want the kids to see 'em!'
    Dubai, and I'm guessing most of the people who lived in that building aren't from Dubai.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Dubai, and I'm guessing most of the people who lived in that building aren't from Dubai.
    I bet you're guessing that more people ride camels than motor vehicles in Syria, too.

Excuse me if I don't bet on any of your guesses panning out.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

I bet you're guessing that more people ride camels than motor vehicles in Syria, too.

Excuse me if I don't bet on any of your guesses panning out.
    No, Syria was actually quite nice. So is Iran. At least in the cities.
    Last edited by dannno; 06-14-2017 at 10:24 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No, Syria was actually quite nice. So is Iran. At least in the cities.
    They have only the best tents?

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    "Patiently waits for it to collapse into its own footprint at free fall speed"
    Beat me to it.
    Be careful when you pry my gun from my cold dead hands, the barrel will be hot.

They have only the best tents?

I know people who are from the Middle East and who visit there frequently, I don't need your stupid condescending horse $#@!.

I also know people who house people visiting from the middle east and have to explain to nearly all of them that used toilet paper doesn't go in the trash bin.

I also know people who house people visiting from the middle east and have to explain to nearly all of them that used toilet paper doesn't go in the trash bin.
    There are parts of North America where toilet paper is not flushed, because the local plumbing cannot handle it without getting stopped up.

They aren't any more ignorant than you were. At least, until I educated you with my condescending horse$#@!. You're welcome.

There are parts of North America where toilet paper is not flushed, because the local plumbing cannot handle it without getting stopped up.
    Where, Mexico?

So you put it in a trash bin in the bathroom and leave it there for days???

That is the most retarded excuse I've ever heard.

Stop embarrassing yourself. Good God, every time you try and put an opinion in my mouth it is completely wrong, you try and make me look bad constantly when it is totally unwarranted. Just stop.

Oh, and you lie about me constantly. You say I used to promote some invisible plane theory or something on 9/11 when I always promoted drones.

You gotta serious problem.
    Last edited by dannno; 06-14-2017 at 10:45 AM.

Where, Mexico?

So you put it in a trash bin in the bathroom and leave it there for days???

That is the most retarded excuse I've ever heard.

Stop embarrassing yourself. Good God, every time you try and put an opinion in my mouth it is completely wrong, you try and make me look bad constantly when it is completely unwarranted. Just stop.
    Oh, go ahead and ask me if you can come to Oklahoma and see the teepees. You know you want to.

They aren't any more ignorant than you were. At least, until I educated you with my condescending horse$#@!. You're welcome.

Never seen such a place. Also I've spent perhaps a combined 2 years over 24 in China where they absolutely believe they must never flush TP down the toilet but I've done it in every toilet I've used there with no problem. It's true that sub-standard plumbing cannot take a large "load" of anything but if you flush smaller loads, it matters not if it's sh1t or TP to the plumbing. It will go through...

THIS ONE

By the time Mahad Egal and his family, including two small children, escaped from their fourth floor flat in Grenfell Tower, it was just before 1am. “We were one of the first 10 families who got out no later than 1.10am, and at this point the fire was no higher than an average tree,” he said. It seemed it was “controllable”. But then, he added, the cladding on the building caught fire.

Horrified witnesses woken by screams, sirens and helicopters in west London would see the flames engulf the 24-storey building, which had up to 600 people inside, with devastating speed.

“There were people jumping out of the place, a man who threw two of his children out,” Egal said, dazed and tearful as he described the horror to the BBC.

Sixteen hours later, with smoke still rising from the smouldering, blackened husk of the block containing 120 homes, the death toll was confirmed at 12, a number expected to rise, with others still missing.
    On the street, there was speculation the fire had been caused by an exploding fridge on the fourth floor.
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...aster-unfolded

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    Never seen such a place. Also I've spent perhaps a combined 2 years over 24 in China where they absolutely believe they must never flush TP down the toilet but I've done it in every toilet I've used there with no problem. It's true that sub-standard plumbing cannot take a large "load" of anything but if you flush smaller loads, it matters not if it's sh1t or TP to the plumbing. It will go through...

I've lived most of my life out here in rural flyover country and only in the last decade was I made aware of the custom of not flushing TP and stashing it in the waste can in the john. A friend of mine's daughter in law left a stink in his bathroom only to find some brown wipe left in his can. When confronted, she claimed that it was the standard in the country not to flush TP. She thought that nobody flushed it. Something to do with clogging the over the hill pipe or septic or something.

I'm glad I know about it now because I would have flipped out with someone leaving used wipe in my waste can.

Now, I know its a cultural thing.

That level of tolerance will come in handy very soon.........

I've lived most of my life out here in rural flyover country and only in the last decade was I made aware of the custom of not flushing TP and stashing it in the waste can in the john. A friend of mine's daughter in law left a stink in his bathroom only to find some brown wipe left in his can. When confronted, she claimed that it was the standard in the country not to flush TP. She thought that nobody flushed it. Something to do with clogging the over the hill pipe or septic or something.

I'm glad I know about it now because I would have flipped out with someone leaving used wipe in my waste can.

Now, I know its a cultural thing.

That level of tolerance will come in handy very soon.........
    What's amazing to me is it's entirely made up BULLSHEIT!!! I've proven it to myself using hundreds of Chinese toilets. None got clogged as long as the load was not huge. When you think about it the pipes can't care about whether it's sheit or paper going through. As long as there's water to wash it along it will move...

THIS ONE

Alert over new wave of exploding fridges caused by 'environmentally-friendly coolant'

By Chris Brooke for the Daily Mail
    Updated: 03:46 EDT, 1 September 2009

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4k0RPjfZU
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

London Tower Fire: Fears faulty FRIDGE was to blame for devastating fire which has killed at least twelve after years of warnings over 'exploding' appliances

Last edited by dannno; 06-14-2017 at 01:22 PM.

Oh, go ahead and ask me if you can come to Oklahoma and see the teepees. You know you want to.
    Been there, done that. Also visited Nowhere and got a t shirt.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Been there, done that. Also visited Nowhere and got a t shirt.
    Here's another place to visit.

did the building collapse onto its own footprint a couple hours later?
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast