Thread: Mattis: ‘We’re not winning in Afghanistan’

Mattis: ‘We’re not winning in Afghanistan’

06/13/17 10:38 AM

Defense Secretary James Mattis told lawmakers on Tuesday that the United States is “not winning” in Afghanistan.

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/33...ng-in-mid-july

Related

3 US soldiers killed in attack by Afghan soldier

Afghanistan: US's "Mother Of All Bombs" death toll 94 ; Terrorists' Truck bomb death toll 150

Iraq/Afghanistan wars disabled 624,000 US troops , Divorces up 42%, Foreclosures up 217%

VA Stops Releasing Data On Injured Vets As Total Reaches Grim Milestone

The United States has likely reached a grim but historic milestone in the war on terror: 1 million veterans injured from the fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan. But you haven't heard this reported anywhere else. Why? Because the government is no longer sharing this information with the public.
    http://www.ibtimes.com/va-stops-rele...lusive-1449584

5000 troops slated for new Afghan surge

UST Funded Afghan General accused of torture,"suffocation, electric shocks, pumping water into

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Defense Secretary James Mattis told lawmakers on Tuesday that the United States is “not winning” in Afghanistan.
    No $#@!, Sherlock.

President Trump has reportedly been weighing a request to send 3,000 to 5,000 more U.S. troops to the country to break what top generals have described as a stalemate.
    *sigh*
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

... then, get out.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

I don't think winning was ever the goal. Maybe someone should fill him in.
    "The Patriarch"

He definitely needs to have a conversation with the people in charge. His statements are highly irresponsible and can threaten our security.

Does anyone know what our goal is I'm Afghanistan? If it's to stop terrorism, how is our presence in Afghanistan doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by sdsubball23 View Post
    Does anyone know what our goal is I'm Afghanistan? If it's to stop terrorism, how is our presence in Afghanistan doing that?
    I hate to break it to you but you are simply not mentally equipped to understand the complexities of our foreign policy. Why don't you let the experts do what they do best and you do the same? Remember paying taxes is very important as otherwise we will fail as a nation.

Conflict News
    AFGHANISTAN: President Trump gives US military authority to set Afghan troop levels: US official

(Trump handing MIplex a signed blank check )
    #swampthedrain
    Last edited by goldenequity; 06-14-2017 at 11:52 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We have to fight them over there so we don't have to fight them here.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Mattis is lying. We ARE winning. We just need a few more troops to protect the worlds poppy fields. Not a lot more because we don't want to get kicked out with a victory. Oh no...just enough to perpetuate our need to be there. Look at how many OD's are going on in every town and city across America. The morgues are full. Almost every town and city are hiring more cops and the sheep are actually demanding they do. Pharma gets to sell massive amounts of Narcan raising their profits and the price of their shares. The CIA gets boatloads of cash to give to groups like ISIS and nobody can even trace it. While America shoots itself in the arm and dreams this nightmare away, the deep state and more importantly the police state has been accelerated greatly. Afghanistan has absolutely nothing to do with terrorism. If we were to leave, the Taliban would burn the poppy fields and the heroin epidemic would be over.
    Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by showpan View Post
    Mattis is lying. We ARE winning. We just need a few more troops to protect the worlds poppy fields. Not a lot more because we don't want to get kicked out with a victory. Oh no...just enough to perpetuate our need to be there. Look at how many OD's are going on in every town and city across America. The morgues are full. Almost every town and city are hiring more cops and the sheep are actually demanding they do. Pharma gets to sell massive amounts of Narcan raising their profits and the price of their shares. The CIA gets boatloads of cash to give to groups like ISIS and nobody can even trace it. While America shoots itself in the arm and dreams this nightmare away, the deep state and more importantly the police state has been accelerated greatly. Afghanistan has absolutely nothing to do with terrorism. If we were to leave, the Taliban would burn the poppy fields and the heroin epidemic would be over.
    This sounds like very controversial comment and very contrary to reports in MSM.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    This sounds like very controversial comment and very contrary to reports in MSM.
    And therefore Highly Likely to be true.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to showpan again.

06/13/17 10:38 AM

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/33...ng-in-mid-july

Related

3 US soldiers killed in attack by Afghan soldier

Afghanistan: US's "Mother Of All Bombs" death toll 94 ; Terrorists' Truck bomb death toll 150

Iraq/Afghanistan wars disabled 624,000 US troops , Divorces up 42%, Foreclosures up 217%

VA Stops Releasing Data On Injured Vets As Total Reaches Grim Milestone

The United States has likely reached a grim but historic milestone in the war on terror: 1 million veterans injured from the fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan. But you haven't heard this reported anywhere else. Why? Because the government is no longer sharing this information with the public.
    http://www.ibtimes.com/va-stops-rele...lusive-1449584

5000 troops slated for new Afghan surge

UST Funded Afghan General accused of torture,"suffocation, electric shocks, pumping water into

Dont forget the skyrocketing suicide rate among the military.

92% of the Afghans in areas where we encounter the most resistance, have never heard of 9/11.

They are simply fighting our invasion and occupation...

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/09...-heard-11.html

While Mujahid said he was saddened by the attacks, he said he still does not believe Al Qaeda was responsible for "the unfortunate incident" -- and he added that after high hopes for change and prosperity when "the whole world rushed to Afghanistan," expectations have died and "the people are asking: When will the foreigners finally leave?"
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Plus the fact that no one's ever "won" a war in Afghanistan.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post

Memes should have date stamps so we can know the exact order of these two statements. Last thing we want is to lose to wife-beaters.

If press were free, a great debate between this "soldier scholar" and the "CIA Scholar" Michael Scheuer might have been possible:

Michael Scheuer: Israel Is A Cancer On U.S. Foreign Policy

And finally, we need to separate ourselves from Israel. It's an enormous drag on American - it's a cancer on American foreign policy.

SMERCONISH: You know that people will hear this and find those words objectionable and say they are our only friend in the Middle East, the only democracy, the only people we can trust in that part, why would we ever turn our backs on the Israelis?

SCHEUER: I find it objectionable to send my college age kids to fight and die so Mrs. Mohammed can vote in an Afghan election and then after all of those kids died to run away and leave the country t go back to the Taliban. I'll take the abuse if people can explain what in the world this political elite is doing to our young people.

SMERCONISH: Michael Scheuer, thank you as always for being here.

SCHEUER: Pleasure, sir.

Memes should have date stamps so we can know the exact order of these two statements. Last thing we want is to lose to wife-beaters.

If press were free, a great debate between this "soldier scholar" and the "CIA Scholar" Michael Scheuer might have been possible:

Michael Scheuer: Israel Is A Cancer On U.S. Foreign Policy

And finally, we need to separate ourselves from Israel. It's an enormous drag on American - it's a cancer on American foreign policy.

SMERCONISH: You know that people will hear this and find those words objectionable and say they are our only friend in the Middle East, the only democracy, the only people we can trust in that part, why would we ever turn our backs on the Israelis?

SCHEUER: I find it objectionable to send my college age kids to fight and die so Mrs. Mohammed can vote in an Afghan election and then after all of those kids died to run away and leave the country t go back to the Taliban. I'll take the abuse if people can explain what in the world this political elite is doing to our young people.

SMERCONISH: Michael Scheuer, thank you as always for being here.

SCHEUER: Pleasure, sir.
    Unfortunately, the US has a record for destroying all other democracies in the ME and then blaming them for it.
    There is no spoon.

https://twitter.com/RealJack/status/852710474907095042

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Plus the fact that no one's ever "won" a war in Afghanistan.
    Classic blunder.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    Classic blunder.
    "You keep using that word; I don't think it means what you think it means."
    There is no spoon.

That is informartive, though this thread is runing into memeware.
    The problem with memes is that most of them are made by somebody who doesn't have an once of respect for truth. These are a great example because technically speaking it was CIA Director Bush who created ISIS, they are merely an offshoot of Al Qaeda and Bush JR helped since they formed in direct response to the invasion of Iraq. Secondly, Obama fired Mattis because he wouldn't shut up about Iran. He is obsessed with attacking them which is why he was undoubtedly chosen by them now. Thirdly, Dear ISIS...I, General Mad Dog Von $#@! Face will pay you large amounts of money and weapons (i'll even flip you some smack) to attack Iran and start some $#@! there for us. Much more than those Clintons or Bush's ever did. The Obombya era will never end, Sincerely thank you my comrades.
    Last edited by showpan; 06-20-2017 at 01:07 PM.
    Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
    Thomas Jefferson