Thread: Mueller in '95: "don’t go too hard on these guys….they’re good people" - Waco

Mueller in '95: "don’t go too hard on these guys….they’re good people" - Waco

Well, that's interesting. Bob Barr wrote a book quoting Mueller as asking him to go easy on the governmet people responsible for killing Branch Davidians.

Former FBI Director James Comey in his Senate testimony Thursday accused President Donald Trump of giving him a “directive” to letting former Director of National Intelligence Michael Flynn go free from investigation. It was a major part of the reason Comey and Democrats hoped a special counsel would be*appointed in the case, and one was. But that special counsel, former FBI Director Robert Mueller, was accused of doing exactly the same thing in a 2011 book in regards to the deaths of the Branch Davidians at Waco, Texas….

…According to former Georgia Congressman Bob Barr, now special counsel Mueller said nearly the same thing to him during the 1995 Congressional investigation into the 1993 stand-off in Waco, Texas that resulted in the deaths of 76 members of the Branch Davidian cult.

Barr, writing in his 2011 book, “The Meaning of Is: The Squandered Impeachment and Wasted Legacy of William Jefferson Clinton,” recounted a phone call with Mueller, who was then working at the Justice Department, in which he asked Barr not to “go too hard on these guys.”

Barr recounts Mueller as saying, “Bob, don’t go too hard on these guys. We know most of them, and they’re good people.”

It went unnoticed at the time, as Mueller was out of government service when the book was written...

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/10/bo...rump-of-doing/
    Last edited by Valli6; 06-11-2017 at 02:05 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “Bob, don’t go too hard on these guys. We know most of them, and they’re good people.”
    $#@!ers gassed, burned and cut down with machine gun fire men, women and children fleeing a burning building.

Those $#@!ing demons were far from good $#@!ing people.

Course that was 8 years before 9/11 and your typical AmeriKunt can't manage to remember what happened last week, so, nobody $#@!ing cares anymore or figures "those nuts got what they deserved".

It was Waco that made it clear to me this government and it's cops were, and still are, at war with us.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Trump's in trouble with this guy heading the special investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    $#@!ers gassed, burned and cut down with machine gun fire men, women and children fleeing a burning building.

Course that was 8 years before 9/11 and your typical AmeriKunt can't manage to remember what happened last week, so, nobody $#@!ing cares anymore or figures "those nuts got what they deserved".

It was Waco that made it clear to me this government and it's cops were, and still are, at war with us.
    I was doing a plumbing call and the apartment renter was watching it live. THIS was when EVERYTHING changed for me.

Mueller Enlists Top Criminal Law Expert for Russia Probe
    Tony Mauro, The National Law Journal
    June 9, 2017 | 1 Comments

Special counsel Robert Mueller III has recruited the Justice Department’s top criminal law expert to help with his investigation of ties between the Trump presidential campaign and Russian officials.

Deputy solicitor general Michael Dreeben, who has argued more than 100 cases before the U.S. Supreme Court and oversees the Justice Department’s criminal appellate docket, will be assisting Mueller on a part-time basis, according to sources familiar with the arrangement.

While helping Mueller, Dreeben will continue in his role in the solicitor general’s office, with other lawyers in the office pitching in to help him with upcoming criminal cases.

The move signals that Mueller is seeking advice on the complexities that have arisen already in the investigations, including what constitutes obstruction of justice.

"Michael Dreeben is to criminal law what Robert Mueller is to investigations,” former acting Solicitor General Neal Katyal said Thursday night. “Literally the very best. Yet another sign of how serious Mueller is about this matter." Now a partner at Hogan Lovells, Katyal has been a key figure in challenging President Donald Trump’s travel ban.

In 2005, Dreeben argued and lost a case for the government involving obstruction-of-justice charges against the Arthur Andersen accounting firm in the wake of the Enron scandal.

At an event marking Dreeben’s 100th Supreme Court argument in 2016, justices praised his expertise in the area of criminal law. He argued his first case at the court in 1989 against John Roberts Jr., then in private practice, and has worked in the solicitor general’s office under Republicans and Democrats ever since.

Justice Elena Kagan, who worked with Dreeben as solicitor general before joining the high court, said she felt honored "in the company of a magnificent attorney doing a magnificent job."

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg said that when Dreeben approaches the lectern at the Supreme Court, "I know he will tell it straight."
    http://www.nationallawjournal.com/id...r-Russia-Probe
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    THIS was when EVERYTHING changed for me.
    Me, too. I was already a libertarian, but what happened at Waco - and just as significantly, what did NOT happen (namely, the bringing of the state-licensed murderers and their masters to justice) - yanked everything out of the realm of the theoretical and brought it all home to me in a way that no essay or abstract generalization could ever do. Ruby Ridge started that process, but Waco and its aftermath is what sealed the deal.

IOW: Waco is what "radicalized" me as a libertarian and turned me into an "extremist" ... (both of which labels - "radical" and "extremist" - I proudly bear today ...)
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Out of rep

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I was doing a plumbing call and the apartment renter was watching it live. THIS was when EVERYTHING changed for me.
    Got it

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Me, too. I was already a libertarian, but what happened at Waco - and just as significantly, what did NOT happen (namely, the bringing of the state-licensed murderers and their masters to justice) - yanked everything out of the realm of the theoretical and brought it all home to me in a way that no essay or abstract generalization could ever do. Ruby Ridge started that process, but Waco and its aftermath is what sealed the deal.

IOW: Waco is what "radicalized" me as a libertarian and turned me into an "extremist" ... (both of which labels - "radical" and "extremist" - I proudly bear today ...)
    Out of rep

Yep. This is what 'radicalized' me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post

Exactly.

And it's been downhill since.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Yep. This is what 'radicalized' me too.
    I know many, many, but sadly not nearly enough, of rank and file, "mainstream", "law and order" type conservatives, or libertarians, myself included, that got snapped out of their understanding of the current relationship between man and government in AmeriKa on that day.

Even after being put out of business, and suffering under IRS persecution, I still thought that, in the land of the free, you had some semblance of liberty, and rights, and every other notion that said an American citizen is entitled to a fair shake when dealing with government.

Holy $#@!, what an eye opener that was.

And all the injustice I had seen prior to that, and dismissed or paid no mind to, came boiling to the surface.

Almost 25 years later, and I'm still in a high state of piss off.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 06-11-2017 at 11:32 PM.

Exactly.

And it's been downhill since.
    What happened at Waco was sickening... but what put the fire in my belly was Ruby Ridge. Waco was a bunch of child molesting cultists... the government mowed them down and should be held to account for that, but Ruby Ridge was about a man and his family trying to be left alone. He was entrapped into making a sawed off shotgun he didn't even want to make, according to testimony. What followed was the stuff of nightmares.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

I was at the officers club bar in Incirlik Air Base in Turkey. I remember seeing a burning compound on CNN. No volume that I can recall.

Had no idea what was going on in the states, too focused on my daily missions. I was already a Libertarian, my older brother pointed that out to me many years before. I just hadn't looked into it much yet.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I was at the officers club bar in Incirlik Air Base in Turkey. I remember seeing a burning compound on CNN. No volume that I can recall.

Had no idea what was going on in the states, too focused on my daily missions. I was already a Libertarian, my older brother pointed that out to me many years before. I just hadn't looked into it much yet.
    I was under the assumption that they were clearly following orders to exterminate all . That is what it looked like . The Alabama Air Guard flying overhead , texas rangers , ATF , FBI with .50 Cals and dumping hundreds of gas canisters and some British SAS on site . Flagrant law breaking by govt.
    Last edited by oyarde; 06-12-2017 at 10:42 PM.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Waco was a bunch of child molesting cultists.
    So says the government.

The truth is much more nuanced than that.

WTF does ATF have to do with child abuse enforcement?

Nothing.

The whole operation was a giant publicity stunt, to gin up public support, after a couple of disastrous ATF ops and yes, Ruby Ridge was part of that public distaste as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Waco was a bunch of child molesting cultists...
    There is actually no evidence of that, not one person at the compound has ever testified that anything like that occurred except for a government agent.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Ruby ridge, Waco, Ok.City I hoped America was fighting back...

Nope............

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Ruby ridge, Waco, Ok.City I hoped America was fighting back...

Nope............
    Not at all...and mention those places and incidents today, to anybody under 30 and nobody knows what you talking about.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 06-13-2017 at 06:37 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    There is actually no evidence of that, not one person at the compound has ever testified that anything like that occurred except for a government agent.
    The church had been investigated by state and local authorities and they had found no evidence either.

Not at all...and mention those places and incidents today, to anybody under 30.
    I give my 12 y/o credit..........When discussing Romans 13 with folks at church he piped up with "You're telling me to respect the same people who killed children at Waco?"

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    I give my 12 y/o credit..........When discussing Romans 13 with folks at church he piped up with "You're telling me to respect the same people who killed children at Waco?"
    Good kid, good dad.

What was their answer?

And what exactly is their position on Romans 13?

(just curious, this is a hot button issue for me, but if you don't want to divulge that information, disregard.)

Good kid, good dad.

What was their answer?

And what exactly is their position on Romans 13?

(just curious, this is a hot button issue for me, but if you don't want to divulge that information, disregard.)
    I actually got both son-n-I invited to leave after a couple of hour protracted debate with a copsuckin' preacher....

He's since retired and the very next day we were visited by several of the church staff and asked if we'd please return...We have...

To answer your question though the preacher wanted to keep referring to the NIV script and then bastardizing it to where instead of "submitting" to governing authority he was preaching to respect it!

Too me there's quite a difference in submitting out of fear and actually respecting authorities and our discussion escalated from there....

Think government news is skewed today?

Read this pile of horse$#@! from the WaPo days after the federal murders.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archi...=.b1463014eff4

It does confirm the fact that bodies were found with bullet wounds and burns consistent with people being shot while trying exit the building.

They were not shot by church members, however.

They were shot by government gunmen positioned outside the building and out of the line of sight of reporters and witnesses who were held back two miles away.

I was a $#@!head at the time this occurred, barely a teenager.

My parents were completely apolitical. I think I heard them once say that they were happy that Regan cut taxes, lol.

I was visiting a friend whos family listened to Rush.

I'm guessing that Rush criticized the attack if for no other reason because it was orchestrated under the Dems.

I recall my friend's father saying, "you dont send a small army to serve a warrant", having no idea at that time what that meant.

But what I have to wonder is, where were the militias? Where were the defenders of freedom?

Where were the patriots who saw this incident for what it was?

For that matter, where was any or every American with a soul? How was this allowed to occur and why wasnt there an outcry after the fact?
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Need some mood music up in here.

"An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    I was a $#@!head at the time this occurred, barely a teenager.

My parents were completely apolitical. I think I heard them once say that they were happy that Regan cut taxes, lol.

I was visiting a friend whos family listened to Rush.

I'm guessing that Rush criticized the attack if for no other reason because it was orchestrated under the Dems.

I recall my friend's father saying, "you dont send a small army to serve a warrant", having no idea at that time what that meant.

But what I have to wonder is, where were the militias? Where were the defenders of freedom?

Where were the patriots who saw this incident for what it was?

For that matter, where was any or every American with a soul? How was this allowed to occur and why wasnt there an outcry after the fact?
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post

True but there are many people who dont believe that this occurred as reported.

Nor is it an effective way to bring about real change.

If anything, it gives tyrants the excuse they need to proceed with a pre-existing agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    True but there are many people who dont believe that this occurred as reported.

Nor is it an effective way to bring about real change.

If anything, it gives tyrants the excuse they need to proceed with a pre-existing agenda.

It is like a choose your own adventure.

If you believe it happened similar to what was reported and presented in court:
    Some folks were angry about Waco and retaliated

If you believe it was a false flag by a govt agency:
    An example was made of these folks and threw a wet blanket over the opposition, so no retaliation.