Thread: “He Attacked Me”: Cop Lies After Executing Dog On Video, Laughs About It

“He Attacked Me”: Cop Lies After Executing Dog On Video, Laughs About It

According to police, Nye County Sheriff’s Deputy John Tolle responded to the Pahrump home of Gary Miller on April 10 after his security company reported multiple panic alarms at the residence. Miller, a world-record holding power lifter and certified firefighter, had sat on his keys setting off the alarms. After realizing his mistake, Miller called his security company to tell them what happened.

That didn’t matter however. Tolle still responded to the home despite the fact that a Pahrump Central Security employee called the Nye County Sheriff’s Office and updated a dispatcher about the situation. In footage recorded by Tolle’s body camera the Deputy can be heard disrespecting motorists as he makes his way to Miller’s home.

“Oh, you’re an idiot, aren’t you?!” he said on the full version of his body-cam footage. “I mean, you’re just a new kind of stupid.”
    After arriving at Miller’s residence, Tolle did not follow appropriate department procedure and entered Miller’s fenced in yard without first seeing if there was an animal in the area.

“Generally what we’ll do is bang on the gate or make some kind of noise to see if there’s a dog on the property,” Nye County Sheriff Sharon Wehrly said. “But because of this type of call, that didn’t happen.”

The body-cam footage showed Tolle approach Miller’s front door as Miller’s pit bull Blu barked in the background. After Tolle knocked on the door, Blu rounded the corner of the home and ran toward the Deputy.

“Don’t do it doggy. Don’t be vicious. Stop it,” Tolle said before fatally shooting at the animal, first firing from approximately 20 feet away.
    Blu was seen on the footage falling off of a concrete porch into the weeds before Miller answered the door angrily and asked, “Did you shoot my dog?”
    “He just attacked me,” Tolle responded falsely according to the body-cam video. ” He’s attacking me!”

continued..http://policestatedaily.com/attacked...ampaign=buffer
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

NV: Deputy Responding to Alarm Call Shoots Dog, Lies and Laughs About What Happened

The dog was a pitbull, so some that might care about this sort of thing will just dismiss it because of that. The dog could have been a border collie or an old crippled Lab and the result likely might have been the same .

Like AF says "never call cops" -- and don't put in an alarm systems that robo-calls them either ...

Though I'm in a situation now with a trashy relative basically squatting on my property and causing trouble, and I'm hesitant to call the Sheriff's Office for their "help", because of things like this --

but may have to eventually, and hate that we can't count on them to do the right thing (there are some legitimate "peace officer" things that need to be done sometimes, since we can't "take care" of some things ourselves).

http://policestatedaily.com/attacked...-video-laughs/

“He Attacked Me”: Cop Lies After Executing Dog On Video, Laughs About It

Video has emerged showing a Nevada police officer fatally shoot a dog before lying to the animal’s owner by telling him it “attacked” him.

According to police, Nye County Sheriff’s Deputy John Tolle responded to the Pahrump home of Gary Miller on April 10 after his security company reported multiple panic alarms at the residence. Miller, a world-record holding power lifter and certified firefighter, had sat on his keys setting off the alarms. After realizing his mistake, Miller called his security company to tell them what happened.

That didn’t matter however. Tolle still responded to the home despite the fact that a Pahrump Central Security employee called the Nye County Sheriff’s Office and updated a dispatcher about the situation. In footage recorded by Tolle’s body camera the Deputy can be heard disrespecting motorists as he makes his way to Miller’s home.

“Oh, you’re an idiot, aren’t you?!” he said on the full version of his body-cam footage. “I mean, you’re just a new kind of stupid.”

After arriving at Miller’s residence, Tolle did not follow appropriate department procedure and entered Miller’s fenced in yard without first seeing if there was an animal in the area.

“Generally what we’ll do is bang on the gate or make some kind of noise to see if there’s a dog on the property,” Nye County Sheriff Sharon Wehrly said. “But because of this type of call, that didn’t happen.”

The body-cam footage showed Tolle approach Miller’s front door as Miller’s pit bull Blu barked in the background. After Tolle knocked on the door, Blu rounded the corner of the home and ran toward the Deputy.

“Don’t do it doggy. Don’t be vicious. Stop it,” Tolle said before fatally shooting at the animal, first firing from approximately 20 feet away.

Blu was seen on the footage falling off of a concrete porch into the weeds before Miller answered the door angrily and asked, “Did you shoot my dog?”

“He just attacked me,” Tolle responded falsely according to the body-cam video. ” He’s attacking me!”

“Jesus Christ,” Miller said. “I’m walking to the door and he shoots my damn dog. Why didn’t you stand at the gate? I would have came out to you. That’s the most pleasant dog you could imagine.”

On the full length body camera video Tolle was heard laughing about the shooting with another officer.

“Maybe Ill get time off now,” he stated. “This is why I cant deal with dog lovers. . . It is what it is.”

According to Miller, Blu had been in his family for almost six years after they first rescued him as a puppy.

“I look for him every morning when I walk out,” Miller said. “If the dog’s wagging his tail, even if he’s barking and growling, he’s no threat. My dog was still wagging his tail when he was laying on the ground bleeding to death.”

In a press release sent out by Nye County Sheriff’s Office, police officials maintained that Blu “charged the deputy, attempted to attack him,” was an “aggressive animal” and posed an “evolving threat.”

The body-cam footage clearly showed that is not what occurred however and Sheriff Wehrly has now launched an internal investigation to review Tolle’s actions.

“That was completely unjustified! He’s running up to see what’s going on. It’s his property. That’s his property! said Gina Greisen with Nevada Voters for Animals. “But he’s not even doing it in an aggressive running manner. He’s jogging up to the front. I’m horrified by this video!”

The group is calling for immediate action in support of Blu and has set up a Facebook page in his honor. They say Tolle did not follow required canine encounter training passed by the Nevada legislature in 2015.

“Blame the victim!” Greisen added. “We’re sick and tired of it! The public is tired of it! Whether it’s a person or an animal, stop blaming the victim and stop circling the wagons! The public wants the truth!”
    Last edited by SeanTX; 06-11-2017 at 12:15 PM.

Sorry for double posting, you beat me by a few minutes and I did not see it ...

Anyway, not sure why I even bother posting such things ... so many times in the past I saw some police abuse story like this and thought "wow, this is so bad, people are going to finally rise up and put a stop to this!" -- but -- nothing ever happens.

Maybe some small-scale misguided "riot" that just ends up earning more sympathy for the police ... or some random "targeted" shooting that does the same thing ...

Of course, I guess I'm part of the problem too , just writing angry postings and SWLODs -- but I don't know what else to do really. I guess just become aware that we can't trust the system and act accordingly, about all we can do as of now.

As I said in my other posting I have a property situation where I may have to have an unwanted guest removed, and I'm hesitant to call the Sheriff as of now, knowing it could just make things far worse ... damned if you do, damned if you don't when dealing with trashy relatives and authority figures ...
    Last edited by SeanTX; 06-11-2017 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    Sorry for double posting, you beat me by a few minutes and I did not see it ...
    It happens here a lot, done it more than a couple times myself...
    "The Patriarch"

“This is why I cant deal with dog lovers. . . It is what it is.”
    Many people value their dogs life more than the life of a kop.

It is what it is......

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    Of course, I guess I'm part of the problem too , just writing angry postings and SWLODs -- but I don't know what else to do really. I guess just become aware that we can't trust the system and act accordingly, about all we can do as of now.
    I feel the same way...which is what this system is designed to do, make red blooded men feel helpless, weak and emasculated.

Lucky cop. If someone popped off four 9mm handgun rounds outside my front door I'd respond with 99 .38 cal. balls.

Is the Officer OK?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm guilty of doing nothing all the time as well, but I swear to God if ANYONE entered our fenced back yard and shot (or kicked, or hit) either of my completely non aggressive dogs, my response would be immediate, targeted, and lethal.
    Be careful when you pry my gun from my cold dead hands, the barrel will be hot.

One of my two super scary pits is currently literally hiding behind my head on the couch shaking like a vibrator because there's a thunderstorm rolling through.

Last edited by chudrockz; 06-12-2017 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chudrockz View Post
    I'm guilty of doing nothing all the time as well, but I swear to God if ANYONE entered our fenced back yard and shot (or kicked, or hit) either of my completely non aggressive dogs, my response would be immediate, targeted, and lethal.
    I like to think the same thing, my dog or my family.

I'd like to think I'd do the same if my elderly stepdad was abused, beaten or tased by $#@! cops like we have seen so many times.

But would we?

Would any of us really sign our own death warrant and go out guns blazing...?

God please grant me the courage if it comes to that, amen.

And even after entering the property in violation of policy, and after gunning down his dog, the cop still has the balls to boss him around and bark orders and hut hut about.

$#@!.

I pretty sure that's why the cop was afraid the guy was going to go back into his home. The cop didn't want the guy to get his hands on a firearm.

Disturbing new details uncovered in death of dog shot by deputy

http://www.ktnv.com/news/contact-13/...shot-by-deputy

Darcy Spears
    8:00 PM, Jun 12, 2017
    9:34 AM, Jun 13, 2017

Pahrump (KTNV) - A deadly shooting by a Nye County deputy takes the life of a family pet and sparks an internal investigation, as Contact 13 first reported Friday.

But in the course of our investigation, Contact 13 uncovered more disturbing details that even the cops didn't know about until Darcy Spears was on the case.

Cell phone video depicting rolling over, sitting on command and playing with a toy is how Gary Miller prefers to remember his dog, Blu.

But it's the footage from a Nye County Sheriff's deputy's body camera that will always haunt him.

On April 10, NCSO Deputy John Tolle, responding to what turned out to be false residential panic alarms at Gary's Pahrump home, killed Blu in the 12 seconds it took Gary to answer the door.

Blue begins barking from behind the house, then jogs around the corner to approach Tolle as he knocks on Miller's door.

Before he even sees the dog, Tolle says, "Oh! Don't be mean. Don't be vicious."

As Blu comes toward him, he says, in a low voice, "Oh, don't do it, doggy. Don't do it, doggy. Stop it. Stop it."

Then, he fires four shots at the dog from approximately 10 feet away.

"You don't go to lethal force from seeing an animal to shooting an animal," said Miller. "That's just totally unacceptable."

A detective was sent out to question the deputy's actions.

On the body cam, Det. Brainard asks Tolle, "Charge at you?"

Tolle responds, "Oh, yeah, he was like coming full on at me, growling and snarling and damn near trying to attack me."

That may have been Tolle's perception, but none of that actually happened. And the body cam video proves it.

After a series of Contact 13 stories on police killing pets, a state law was passed in 2015 requiring specialized training to help officers differentiate between aggressive and non-threatening dog behaviors and the use of nonlethal force like a taser, pepper spray, baton or even voice commands.

"He already didn't do a lot of the things that he should have done, which was to rattle the fence and yell to see if there was a dog," said Gina Greisen of Nevada Voters for Animals after watching the body cam footage. "And that dog was not aggressive! He was jogging up to the front. He was not in a beeline aggressive attacking stance. He does nothing to yell at the dog. Nothing to try to stop the dog. He doesn't pull out any other tool on his tool belt. We're not saying that deadly force can't be used. We're saying that deadly force should be a very last option. And in this case it was his very first option."

"What about the use of less than lethal force?" Darcy Spears asked Sheriff Sharon Wehrly.

She said he'd been through the state-mandated canine encounter training, "But it was only a six-hour block of training."

Computer-based training Sheriff Wehrly determined wasn't enough after she opened an internal affairs investigation.

Darcy Spears: Did he have less lethal options available to him right then and there?

Sheriff Wehrly: Yes. But he also had a situation inside that trailer that he had no idea what he was going to need and he would have had to transition from one thing to another, which would have left him in a less than safe position had there been something going on inside.

"He rapped on the door gently to try to get somebody to come to the door. And then he stood back. Well, the dog heard him. But he didn't want to give away his position so he didn't speak real loud to the dog. And I can understand that. It was hard for me to take initially."

"And he was there to provide safety and security and help to whoever was on the other end of that panic button. So, after it was all said and done, he has been remediated with 24 hours of hands-on training with bad dogs. So now he knows how to handle that situation."

Contact 13 learned the mishandling of Gary's dog didn't end when Blu died.

A few photos are just about all Gary has left of his pet--that and a container of ashes.

Garcy says the dog was cremated without his knowledge or permission.

He wasn't even given a chance to claim the body.

Nye County Animal Control says a shelter worker failed to put a hold tag on Blu's body so he was sent to cremation while the internal affairs investigation was still ongoing.

An animal control officer later delivered the container to Gary, but Contact 13 discovered the ashes are not his dog.

"The idea of presenting me with something that's not real is totally insulting," Gary said. "It's ridiculous. I have absolutely nothing to have to remember Blu at all."

Our discovery prompted the sheriff's office to open a new internal investigation and place an Animal Control officer on administrative leave.

But animal advocate Gina Greisen believes much more needs to be done.

"The entire reputation of all law enforcement rests in the bullets that just went into that dog. Is this what people want? Is this what people expect when they are calling for help? To have their four-legged family members murdered right in front of them? And then no remorse? You get treated like you're a criminal?"

When Deputy Tolle learns he'll have to fill out a use of force report, he laughs and says on the body cam video, "Maybe I'll get time off now!" After more laughter, he adds, "That's why I can't deal with dog lovers. It's like, it's a dog. It did it's job. It was protecting your house. I understand that, but it is what it is."

In addition to the required canine training, there's another state law that says dogs can't be deemed vicious based solely on their breed,

But on the body cam footage, Nye County Sheriff's Sergeant Deutsch says, "I'm out here on a panic alarm. Deputy Tolle beat me here and shot this dude's pit bull in the head.

The man on the other end of the police radio responds, "Nice!"

And Sgt Deutsch then says, "Yeah, he said the pit bull came running out from behind the corner yelling and screaming and growling and all that fun pit bull stuff they do."

Again, that is not what's depicted in the footage before Tolle shot Blu.

"No matter what they do," said Gary, "I can't bring Blu back. But I'm not settling for this. This man is totally irresponsible. He's a liability to the community and to the county."

The only consequence so far for Deputy Tolle has been additional training, which Sheriff Wehrly says the entire department will undergo to prevent something like this from ever happening again.

Darcy: Do you feel his actions were appropriate?

Sheriff Wehrly: You know, it's hard to second-guess somebody when you're not standing in their moccasins. It really is. And I've been asking myself that ever since I started. But on this particular investigation, what would I have done if I'd been in that position? I couldn't tell you. But then, I've been around dogs my whole life. He'd never been around dogs in his whole life.

Darcy: Was it too quick a reaction?

Sheriff: I can't say.

Darcy: Is it fair to say this should not have happened or could have been avoided?

Sheriff: You know, I don't think I'm going to take a stand on that because I wasn't in that guy's head. I think it was the totality of things that were going on at that particular moment and the outcome was less than what we wanted it to be.

Gary hired an attorney and plans to sue the deputy and the department for his dog's death.

We will be closely following that case and the ongoing investigation into where those ashes came from.

Monday morning, the Nye County Sheriff's office issued a new press release after a tremendous response to our first report.

The release, signed by Sheriff Sharon A. Wehrly, says:

"The Nye County Sheriff's Office is aware of concerns being expressed regarding the shooting of a pit bull in Pahrump, April 10, 2017 and allegations regarding the inappropriate handling of the dog's remains."

"Immediately upon viewing the Body Camera Footage, I started an internal affairs investigation into the actions that occurred that day. That investigation is continuing and I can assure you appropriate action will be taken by the Nye County Sheriff's Office upon the completion of the investigation."

"I am committed to ensuring all contacts with the public and their pets are appropriate and within the scope of training that the Deputies have received. I have been an animal owner my entire adult life and sympathize with Mr. Miller on the loss of his family pet. I do not take this loss lightly."

"This incident highlights exactly why I have been dedicated to ensuring that the Nye County Sheriff's Office has body cameras on all staff. Video of this incident demonstrates exactly how body-worn camera footage allows me, the Sheriff, to see exactly what took place and take appropriate action."

"Deputy Tolle was provided immediate remedial training prior to his return to patrol responsibilities to ensure his interactions with the public and their pets is appropriate while the investigation is being conducted."

"The Animal Control Officer that was responsible for the handling of the dog's remains is on administrative leave pending the outcome of the investigation."

"I hold my employees to a high standard in the way they interact with the public and do not take the shooting or my staff's subsequent actions and conversation lightly. Upon the conclusion of the investigation I will be taking appropriate action against any individuals found to have acted in a manner not consistent with the standards they are expected to satisfy within the confines of the law."

"Upon the conclusion of the investigation I will release the results of that investigation and action that was taken."

"Thank you for your patience."

Can you imagine these "community" uproar if the dog was transgendered?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Chester Copperpot

In a situation like this I can understand the officer shooting the dog.. The dog was running right towards him and its a breed that I personally wouldnt take chances with.

That being said the guy should definitely face repercussions for violating policy and his less than respectful attitude towards taking a life is indicative of the more seriously seated issue.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    In a situation like this I can understand the officer shooting the dog.. The dog was running right towards him and its a breed that I personally wouldnt take chances with.

That being said the guy should definitely face repercussions for violating policy and his less than respectful attitude towards taking a life is indicative of the more seriously seated issue.
    If you adopted one and showed her just a little love, you might change your mind on that.

This is our girl from the Humane Society we adopted five years ago. Snowflake.

I think the sick $#@!s probably dined on his dog for a celebratory feast that evening, that's why they only had fake ashes to give him. sick $#@!s.

Chester Copperpot

If you adopted one and showed her just a little love, you might change your mind on that.

This is our girl from the Humane Society we adopted five years ago. Snowflake.

Yeah well I know someone personally who did adopt one and showed em love and the dog attacked her bit her lip off while she was sleeping. so, so much for that idea.