Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "God Will Judge Me"

"God Will Judge Me"

Many times, in response to judgment from other people, people will say "You can't judge me, only God will judge me".

You hear people say this a lot, but I wonder if they really know the gravity of what they are saying.

If judgment from people is something that a person abhors, how much more terrifying and fearful will be the judgment from God, who is infinitely holy, knows every evil inclination of your mind and heart, and will judge the wicked!

Hebrews 10:31

It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
    Romans 1:18-19

The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them.
    Thank God that He has provided an Advocate, Jesus Christ the righteous, and all those who have faith alone in Him for salvation will not face the wrath of God for their sins.
    Last edited by Sola_Fide; 06-10-2017 at 06:03 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    God is love.
    There is no fear in love.
    Perfect love casts out all fear.

Not going to debate.
    Just putting that out there.
    Have a peaceful day.

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    God is love.
    There is no fear in love.
    Perfect love casts out all fear.

Not going to debate.
    Just putting that out there.
    Have a peaceful day.
    Right, but 1 John 4 is pertaining to people that are already saved. Those are the ones who have been perfected in love and have no fear of judgment. Christians certainly have no fear of judgment because they have put their faith completely in Jesus alone for salvation, and are already seated in the heavenly realms.

But it seems like all kinds of people say this, and I wonder if they know what it means that God will judge them?

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Right, but 1 John 4 is pertaining to people that are already saved. Those are the ones who have been perfected in love and have no fear of judgment. Christians certainly have no fear of judgment because they have put their faith completely in Jesus alone for salvation, and are already seated in the heavenly realms.

But it seems like all kinds of people say this, and I wonder if they know what it means that God will judge them?
    I don't share your perspective.

The white throne judgment will come--it is a time for condemning some and a time for rewarding others. However, one must repent for their sins through Jesus and your sins are blotted out in the book of LIFE and you will receive rewards judged by your works. Since your works are the only thing you can take with you when your flesh body dies.

'Fear' in many places in the Bible, with regard to God, should have been better translated to 'revered.'

Reference:
    http://av1611.com/kjbp/kjv-dictionary/revere.html

Acts 3:19
    Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

1 John 1:9 | KJV
    If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Proverbs 28:13 | KJV
    He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

2 Peter 3:9 | KJV
    The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

2 Chronicles 30:9b | KJV
    For the Lord your God is gracious and merciful, and will not turn away his face from you, if ye return unto him.

Hosea 6:6 l KJV
    6 For I desired mercy [Love], and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

What do you care?

Quae sursum sunt quaerite
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    I don't share your perspective.
    What perspective? That 1 John 4 is written to believers?

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    The white throne judgment will come--it is a time for condemning some and a time for rewarding others. However, one must repent for their sins through Jesus and your sins are blotted out in the book of LIFE and you will receive rewards judged by your works. Since your works are the only thing you can take with you when your flesh body dies.
    Ummm....huh?

So, you are saying that a man is saved by his works?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What perspective? That 1 John 4 is written to believers?

Judging by your posts on religion that I've read, you see things such as fear/judgement/law/wrath/saved vs unsaved/ etc. through a certain lens that is the complete opposite of the lens that I see those things through.
    It's like the blindfolded people holding different parts of an elephant, and they're all trying to describe what an elephant is.
    Our conversation would go nowhere real quick.
    Just the way it is.

Ummm....huh?

So, you are saying that a man is saved by his works?

No, anyone can be saved who believes in Jesus Christ.

John 3:16 l KJV
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Your works are all you can take with you in Heaven.

Matthew 5:16 - Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

James 2:14-17 - What [doth it] profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? (Read More...)

Ephesians 2:10 - For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Ephesians 2:8-9 - For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (Read More...)

James 2:26 - For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Hebrews 13:16 - But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.

Colossians 3:23-24 - And whatsoever ye do, do [it] heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; (Read More...)

James 2:18 - Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

1 Timothy 6:17-19 - Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy; (Read More...)

John 6:28-29 - Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? (Read More...)

Galatians 6:9 - And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Proverbs 3:27-28 - Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thine hand to do [it]. (Read More...)

James 4:17 - Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth [it] not, to him it is sin.

1 Corinthians 16:14 - Let all your things be done with charity.

Romans 2:6-10 - Who will render to every man according to his deeds: (Read More...)
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

No, anyone can be saved who believes in Jesus Christ.

John 3:16 l KJV
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Your works are all you can take with you in Heaven.

Matthew 5:16 - Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

James 2:14-17 - What [doth it] profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? (Read More...)

Ephesians 2:10 - For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Ephesians 2:8-9 - For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (Read More...)

James 2:26 - For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Hebrews 13:16 - But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.

Colossians 3:23-24 - And whatsoever ye do, do [it] heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; (Read More...)

James 2:18 - Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

1 Timothy 6:17-19 - Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy; (Read More...)

John 6:28-29 - Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? (Read More...)

Galatians 6:9 - And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Proverbs 3:27-28 - Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thine hand to do [it]. (Read More...)

James 4:17 - Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth [it] not, to him it is sin.

1 Corinthians 16:14 - Let all your things be done with charity.

Romans 2:6-10 - Who will render to every man according to his deeds: (Read More...)
    What do you mean by you 'take your works to heaven'?

What are the treasures you can store up for yourself in heaven?

What are these treasures He speaks of?
    Matthew 6:19-21 "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust consume and where thieves break in and steal; 20 but store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consumes and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. (NRS)

I just gave you scripture to follow. Haven't you ever read it before?

James 2:26 l KJV
    For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

2 Timothy 3:17 l KJV
    That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Titus 3:14 l KJV
    And let ours also learn to maintain good works for necessary uses, that they be not unfruitful.

Works:

1 Peter 4:8 l KJV
    And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.

James 5:20 l KJV
    Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death [Satan], and shall hide a multitude of sins.

I just gave you scripture to follow. Haven't you ever read it before?

James 2:26 l KJV
    For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

2 Timothy 3:17 l KJV
    That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Titus 3:14 l KJV
    And let ours also learn to maintain good works for necessary uses, that they be not unfruitful.

Works:

1 Peter 4:8 l KJV
    And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.

James 5:20 l KJV
    Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death [Satan], and shall hide a multitude of sins.
    Yes. I know those. I'm asking you what you mean by 'you take your works to heaven'. What does that mean?

Yes. I know those. I'm asking you what you mean by 'you take your works to heaven'. What does that mean?
    Ecclesiastes 12 (KJV)

12 Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;

2 While the sun, or the light, or the moon, or the stars, be not darkened, nor the clouds return after the rain:

3 In the day when the keepers of the house shall tremble, and the strong men shall bow themselves, and the grinders cease because they are few, and those that look out of the windows be darkened,

4 And the doors shall be shut in the streets, when the sound of the grinding is low, and he shall rise up at the voice of the bird, and all the daughters of musick shall be brought low;

5 Also when they shall be afraid of that which is high, and fears shall be in the way, and the almond tree shall flourish, and the grasshopper shall be a burden, and desire shall fail: because man goeth to his long home, and the mourners go about the streets:

6 Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern.

7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

8 Vanity of vanities, saith the preacher; all is vanity.

9 And moreover, because the preacher was wise, he still taught the people knowledge; yea, he gave good heed, and sought out, and set in order many proverbs.

10 The preacher sought to find out acceptable words: and that which was written was upright, even words of truth.

11 The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened by the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd.

12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.

13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Further scripture to pay attention to:

Matthew 12:36 "But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment."

This is why you need to repent daily. We are all sinners and fall short. However, when we humbly repent to the Father through Jesus our slate is clean and it will be your works that will be judged.

John 5:22 "For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:"

Jesus died so our sins can be forgiven.

John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
    Last edited by donnay; 06-11-2017 at 07:50 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Be cautious in judgment.

For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
    Fortunately,, God sees the heart,, and not the appearances, and Judges Righteously.

Humans are much less perfect.
    And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
    For if you forgive men their trespasses, your Heavenly Father will also forgive you.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 06-11-2017 at 08:28 AM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Ecclesiastes 12 (KJV)

12 Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;

2 While the sun, or the light, or the moon, or the stars, be not darkened, nor the clouds return after the rain:

3 In the day when the keepers of the house shall tremble, and the strong men shall bow themselves, and the grinders cease because they are few, and those that look out of the windows be darkened,

4 And the doors shall be shut in the streets, when the sound of the grinding is low, and he shall rise up at the voice of the bird, and all the daughters of musick shall be brought low;

5 Also when they shall be afraid of that which is high, and fears shall be in the way, and the almond tree shall flourish, and the grasshopper shall be a burden, and desire shall fail: because man goeth to his long home, and the mourners go about the streets:

6 Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern.

7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

8 Vanity of vanities, saith the preacher; all is vanity.

9 And moreover, because the preacher was wise, he still taught the people knowledge; yea, he gave good heed, and sought out, and set in order many proverbs.

10 The preacher sought to find out acceptable words: and that which was written was upright, even words of truth.

11 The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened by the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd.

12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.

13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Further scripture to pay attention to:

Matthew 12:36 "But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment."

This is why you need to repent daily. We are all sinners and fall short. However, when we humbly repent to the Father through Jesus our slate is clean and it will be your works that will be judged.

John 5:22 "For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:"

Jesus died so our sins can be forgiven.

John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
    Can you please explain what YOU MEAN by your phrase 'you take your works into heaven'. Please? I'm asking what Donnay means by that. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Be cautious in judgment.

Fortunately,, God sees the heart,, and not the appearances, and Judges Righteously.

One of the reason why it is not good for humans to judge. We should use the gift of spiritual discernment.

Mat 16:3 (KJV) "...'It will be foul weather today: for the sky is red and lowering.' O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?"

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Be cautious in judgment.

This is what I'm talking about Pete. You say 'fortunately God sees the heart'??!!? It's absolutely terrifying that God sees the heart!
    Jeremiah 17:9

The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?

God seeing the wickedness of your heart is comforting?? How??

Can you please explain what YOU MEAN by your phrase 'you take your works into heaven'. Please? I'm asking what Donnay means by that. That's all.
    It's not my words, it is God's. I am just bringing it to your attention. Just as we are told we will know people by their fruits.

Matthew 7:16-20 (KJV)

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. [Spiritual discernment]

It's not my words, it is God's. I am just bringing it to your attention. Just as we are told we will know people by their fruits.

Matthew 7:16-20 (KJV)

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. [Spiritual discernment]
    OK.... What does Donnay mean by the verses you posted? Can you paraphrase what they mean in your own words? I'm just trying to understand what you mean by the verses you posted.

I might agree with you. I've never heard that phrase before and I just want to know what you mean by it.

This is what I'm talking about Pete. You say 'fortunately God sees the heart'??!!? It's absolutely terrifying that God sees the heart!

God seeing the wickedness of your heart is comforting?? How??
    In context:Jeremiah 17:4-14 KJV

4 And thou, even thyself, shalt discontinue from thine heritage that I gave thee; and I will cause thee to serve thine enemies in the land which thou knowest not: for ye have kindled a fire in mine anger, which shall burn for ever. 5 Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. 6 For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good cometh; but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land and not inhabited. 7 Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. 8 For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit. 9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? 10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings. 11 As the partridge sitteth on eggs, and hatcheth them not; so he that getteth riches, and not by right, shall leave them in the midst of his days, and at his end shall be a fool. 12 A glorious high throne from the beginning is the place of our sanctuary. 13 O LORD, the hope of Israel, all that forsake thee shall be ashamed, and they that depart from me shall be written in the earth, because they have forsaken the LORD, the fountain of living waters. 14 Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    OK.... What does Donnay mean by the verses you posted? Can you paraphrase what they mean in your own words? I'm just trying to understand what you mean by the verses you posted.
    Strong's Exhaustive Concordance

deed, doing, labor, work.
    From a primary (but obsolete) ergo (to work); toil (as an effort or occupation); by implication, an act -- deed, doing, labour, work.
    http://biblehub.com/greek/2041.htm

Proverbs 16:3 - Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established.
    1 Corinthians 3:8 - Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

Strong's Exhaustive Concordance

deed, doing, labor, work.
    From a primary (but obsolete) ergo (to work); toil (as an effort or occupation); by implication, an act -- deed, doing, labour, work.
    http://biblehub.com/greek/2041.htm

Proverbs 16:3 - Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established.
    1 Corinthians 3:8 - Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.
    Is it difficult for you to just tell me what you mean by the verses you post? Why? I might agree with you! I'm just trying to understand what you mean by posting those.

Is it difficult for you to just tell me what you mean by the verses you post? Why? I might agree with you! I'm just trying to understand what you mean by posting those.
    I could only hope you would agree with the WORD of God. Wisdom is understanding God's WORD--chapter by chapter, verse by verse.

To quote Morpheus from the movie the Matrix:
    "...But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it."

Proverbs 10:23 - [It is] as sport to a fool to do mischief: but a man of understanding hath wisdom.

I could only hope you would agree with the WORD of God. Wisdom is understanding God's WORD--chapter by chapter, verse by verse.

To quote Morpheus from the movie the Matrix:
    "...But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it."

Proverbs 10:23 - [It is] as sport to a fool to do mischief: but a man of understanding hath wisdom.
    So...... OK, I'll take this as you can't describe what you are trying to say in your own words.

But then, if you can't describe a concept from the Bible that you believe, how well do you really understand it?

I made a comment to you in another thread yesterday to say this very thing, in an attempt to spread the awareness that it profits no one to go on and on personally condemning others, and that by judging others' salvation someone would be acting as God, imitating His omnipotence, omniscience, and His divine right to judge the salvation of us all. As mere humans, we have no place to make such claims on others' fate.

I am indeed comforted knowing that ultimately, it is God who will judge me. I say this knowing full well that the punishment He can give is very serious, and that he always knows our hearts, through good thoughts and bad. I am especially comforted knowing that it is God, and not AB/SF who will be judging me. Even if God were to cast me to hell, I would hope that I can be humble and trusting enough to go happily by my master's wishes, as a kitten comforted by its mother's jaws on its neck.
    Last edited by Yieu; 06-11-2017 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yieu View Post
    I made a comment to you in another thread yesterday to say this very thing, in an attempt to spread the awareness that it profits no one to go on and on personally condemning others, and that by judging others' salvation someone would be acting as God, imitating His omnipotence, omniscience, and His divine right to judge the salvation of us all. As mere humans, we have no place to make such claims on others' fate.

I am indeed comforted knowing that ultimately, it is God who will judge me. I say this knowing full well that the punishment He can give is very serious, and that he always knows our hearts, through good thoughts and bad. I am especially comforted knowing that it is God, and not AB/SF who will be judging me. Even if God were to cast me to hell, I would hope that I can be humble and trusting enough to go happily by my master's wishes, as a kitten comforted by its mother's jaws on its neck.
    If you fear the judgement of men more than the judgement of God, then you are deceived, and you don't understand the holiness of God and the darkness of your sin.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast