Thread: Michigan House Passes Bill Allowing Concealed Firearms W/O Permits

Michigan House Passes Bill Allowing Concealed Firearms W/O Permits

Michigan state House of Representatives on Wednesday approved A legislation allowing gun owners to carry concealed firearms without a permit. The package consisting of four bills will now move to the Senate for approval, Reuters reported.
    Two bills were passed with 59 to 49 votes, Wednesday, the Associated Press reported, while the other two bills were passed with 60-48 and 61-47 votes.
    If approved by the Senate, the bill will make its way to the governor’s desk for approval. However, it is unclear if Gov. Rick Snyder will vote in favor of the bill. The bill, if passed by the Senate, will automatically become a law 14 days after reaching the governor’s desk, unless he vetoes it, the report added.

More at: http://www.ibtimes.com/michigan-gun-...ermits-2549276
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As long as it isn't Indiana, that's cool.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

How could they do such a thing? Don't they know how much crime this would stop?

Michigan House Passes Bill Allowing Concealed Firearms W/O Permits
    I know the OP is just relaying the title, but I won't use this word "permit." I refer to it as "state papers" or "documentation."

The government, as we all know, does not permit anything. Government can only restrict.

"When words lose their meaning, people will lose their liberty." -- Confucius
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Democrats who voted against it said, if passed, the bill would allow offenders, stalkers, and criminals to carry concealed pistols. “These changes are dangerous for our law enforcement and dangerous for our families,” Rep. Donna Lasinski said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    As long as it isn't Indiana, that's cool.
    My ice pick ,recurve bow and broadhead arrows, .30 Cal rifle , semi auto shotgun , LeMat , filet knife , cleaver , scalping knife, skinning knife and tomahawk are all no permit required . Throwing in my lucky 9mm & old .32 Auto though would be nice because I am not paying monies for govt papers for it . You should send an old guy some ammo, I need to make sure I have enough in case the caliphate , californians, illini , canadians , redcoats , statist worshipers , northeast , confederacy , slavers or feds etc try to invade me . I could probably use some more #1 Buck , Flechettes , Rhodesian Jungle rounds and Slugs in 12 Ga , #2 Buck and Slugs in 20 Ga , 000 Buck and Slugs in 410 .......
    Last edited by oyarde; 06-10-2017 at 10:24 AM.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Michigan state House of Representatives on Wednesday approved A legislation allowing gun owners to carry concealed firearms without a permit. The package consisting of four bills will now move to the Senate for approval, Reuters reported.
    Two bills were passed with 59 to 49 votes, Wednesday, the Associated Press reported, while the other two bills were passed with 60-48 and 61-47 votes.
    If approved by the Senate, the bill will make its way to the governor’s desk for approval. However, it is unclear if Gov. Rick Snyder will vote in favor of the bill. The bill, if passed by the Senate, will automatically become a law 14 days after reaching the governor’s desk, unless he vetoes it, the report added.

More at: http://www.ibtimes.com/michigan-gun-...ermits-2549276
    Great news .
    Do something Danke

Good if it passes.

Though Michigan gave me my last felony for My Wife's db shotgun hanging on a wall.
    Restoration of Rights would be nicer.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    However, it is unclear if Gov. Rick Snyder will vote in favor of the bill.
    Why, he is a Republican! Why wouldn't he sign the bill? </snark>

Is this a clean bill? Because Matt Collins said it doesn't count if it's not a clean bill.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Is this a clean bill? Because Matt Collins said it doesn't count if it's not a clean bill.
    So it only counts in New Hampshire and Vermont? Or are there other states with clean Constitutional Carry?
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

I have a hard time picturing Collins surviving a winter in the UP.
    Do something Danke

Question

huh?
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I have a hard time picturing Collins surviving a winter in the UP.
    Damn straight, I wouldn't be dumb enough to attempt it either.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Carry a gun, without even a permit? Mother of god.

The lives of those poor children, such needless and preventable tragedies will happen.

(Sigh)
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Carry a gun, without even a permit? Mother of god.

The lives of those poor children, such needless and preventable tragedies will happen.

(Sigh)
    I carried a gun without a permit when I was a child . Mostly I tried to use my bow though to save ammo .
    Do something Danke

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.