Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: How did US gain such an influence over the world?

  1. #1

    Default How did US gain such an influence over the world?

    How did that happen? Are our presidents that smart?
    The essential English leadership secret does not depend on particular intelligence. Rather, it depends on a remarkably stupid thick-headedness. The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

    Default

    "For the average person, all problems date to World War II; for the more informed, to World War I; for the genuine historian, to the French Revolution."

    - Erik Maria Ritter von Kuehnelt-Leddihn

  4. #3

    Default

    Hard work.
    But the fact of the matter is that there are often times in life even a curmudgeonly, misanthropic old grouch like myself has to "join the team" to accomplish a larger goal. -AF

    Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!


    Short Income Tax Video

    The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

    The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

    Except as to the rule of apportionment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

  5. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Hard work.
    And relative freedom for our citizens.
    “Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.”

    Robert A. Heinlein

    "Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler"

    Groucho Marx

  6. #5

    Default

    Nobody knows?
    The essential English leadership secret does not depend on particular intelligence. Rather, it depends on a remarkably stupid thick-headedness. The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous.

  7. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Nobody knows?
    The decline of america may be some kind of record when it is done .

  8. #7

    Default

    I am thinking 1913.
    The essential English leadership secret does not depend on particular intelligence. Rather, it depends on a remarkably stupid thick-headedness. The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous.

  9. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    How did that happen? Are our presidents that smart?
    The British and the French bankrupted them selves in WW II so they had to pull back from their Empires ( which the USA more or less took over ),Europe was a wasteland so a lot of competitive industrial production was gone ( the USA was the only one with an intact industry ) and the only powers that still had vigor after WW II were the USA and SSSR. Most of the worlds establishment regimes just agreed to be vassals in exchange for protection from the revolutionaries. Only the French and Portuguese tried to go against the current but even they had to give in in time when their leaders with a backbone died.

    People tend to argue that communism was not a threat because the SSSR was poor ,that may be true but the Old Guard was terrified from revolution.They can survive war ,they can survive economic destruction but they never survive revolution.

  10. #9

    Default

    Looks like somebody is beating around the bush. The Federal Reserve Act from 1913 enabled "dollarization" among many other things. Our freedoms were a very small price to pay for such power.
    The essential English leadership secret does not depend on particular intelligence. Rather, it depends on a remarkably stupid thick-headedness. The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous.

  11. #10

    Default

    the gold standard pegged all currencies of the world to the dollar. This made other countries dependent on the US.

  12. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kfarnan View Post
    the gold standard pegged all currencies of the world to the dollar. This made other countries dependent on the US.
    You mean Bretton Woods not the gold standard.
    “Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.”

    Robert A. Heinlein

    "Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler"

    Groucho Marx

  13. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demigod View Post
    The British and the French bankrupted them selves in WW II so they had to pull back from their Empires ( which the USA more or less took over ),Europe was a wasteland so a lot of competitive industrial production was gone ( the USA was the only one with an intact industry ) and the only powers that still had vigor after WW II were the USA and SSSR. Most of the worlds establishment regimes just agreed to be vassals in exchange for protection from the revolutionaries. Only the French and Portuguese tried to go against the current but even they had to give in in time when their leaders with a backbone died.

    People tend to argue that communism was not a threat because the SSSR was poor ,that may be true but the Old Guard was terrified from revolution.They can survive war ,they can survive economic destruction but they never survive revolution.
    Damn, son. Tha tis an excellent tl;dr of that era if I ever saw one. I am impress.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here"government is the enemy of liberty"-RPEphesians 6:12 (KJV)For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

  14. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Damn, son. Tha tis an excellent tl;dr of that era if I ever saw one. I am impress.
    I am not impressed. You can not talk about WWII without talking about WWI.
    The essential English leadership secret does not depend on particular intelligence. Rather, it depends on a remarkably stupid thick-headedness. The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous.

  15. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    I am not impressed. You can not talk about WWII without talking about WWI.
    Kurwa! Is good point.^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here"government is the enemy of liberty"-RPEphesians 6:12 (KJV)For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

  16. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Hard work.
    Americans - the ultimate useful idiots.
    The essential English leadership secret does not depend on particular intelligence. Rather, it depends on a remarkably stupid thick-headedness. The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous.

  17. #16

    Default

    We avoided having our infrastructure destroyed by wars being fought on our own territory. We were able to continue to build while others had to rebuild (with our help). After WWII we were the "last man standing" with financial and economic capacity.
    "The future is here, it's just not evenly distributed yet." - William Gibson

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  18. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    We avoided having our infrastructure destroyed by wars being fought on our own territory. We were able to continue to build while others had to rebuild (with our help). After WWII we were the "last man standing" with financial and economic capacity.
    and then we lived happily ever after ...
    The essential English leadership secret does not depend on particular intelligence. Rather, it depends on a remarkably stupid thick-headedness. The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous.






Similar Threads

  1. Fla. broke rules to gain influence on nomination
    By donnay in forum Media Spin
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2012, 06:54 AM
  2. nbc poll, who has the most to gain.
    By freakout9903 in forum Ron Paul Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-07-2011, 10:31 AM
  3. At what age does one gain what/all rights?
    By guitarlifter in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-19-2011, 08:25 PM
  4. Help me gain subscribers?
    By RileyE104 in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2011, 12:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •