Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When did life start getting worse?

When did life start getting worse?

9/11? 1913?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Id go off of what my parents said, but pretty much for them when we went off the Gold Standard and they started seeing the price of everything go up twice as much as wages. By the time I was born, we were already on the downhill slide.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Right after I ate all those tacos, and beer, and watermelon.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Apples and oranges.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

The fall of man.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Worse in what way?

There many aspects of modern life I rather enjoy. I'm glad I don't have to carry water from a well, wash clothes on a washboard, and pop out one baby after another until my ovaries shrivel up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    May 15 2001

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Nixon Era. It's been steadily getting worse since then.

Quote Originally Posted by HitoKichi View Post
    May 15 2001
    Your birthday?
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Your birthday?
    Maybe?

On a personal level, mine got immensely worse after my son's accident. Still haven't recovered and not sure I ever will. As for society, I'm guessing we can go pretty far back as we have always been our own worst enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    On a personal level, mine got immensely worse after my son's accident. Still haven't recovered and not sure I ever will. As for society, I'm guessing we can go pretty far back as we have always been our own worst enemy.
    Despite all of this the life under Clinton looked like a party compared to what we have now.

Trick question. Implies it was good to begin with.

Assuming we're talking about the US and Europe, living standards aren't getting worse, they're just improving at a lower rate.

Continuing on this political track, though, they will stagnate and turn negative.

The origins of that political track could be located at different times, depending on how many causal steps back you want to go.

Probably the best, long term explanation begins in 1789, as the origin of modern democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Worse in what way?

There many aspects of modern life I rather enjoy. I'm glad I don't have to carry water from a well, wash clothes on a washboard, and pop out one baby after another until my ovaries shrivel up.
    Mrs O is such a slacker . She has a Speed Queen when according to the sticker on the front she could save me 11 dollars a year by using the creek & washboard .
    Do something Danke

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When Danke was taken by Wendigo just before Chritmas and I did not receive my highly anticipated gift from him .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post

Trick question. Implies it was good to begin with.
    /thread

Life's pretty okay now........At least after 2-1/2 gallons of nitrocellulose lacquer in a closed shop it seems that way...

Wheeeeeeeeeee!

towards the end of the good old days?

We may need a poll for this.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    9/11? 1913?
    The decline of America? I think it was a series of events, the sabotage of Perot's 1992 campaign by the Bushes being one of them.

After Clinton won, the focus of the federal government went to shoring up urban centers. This caused a decline in rural America. In the Midwest and other areas, post offices began closing, banks abandoned small towns in favor of bigger cities, and people began to have to move to larger communities. Although the closure of post offices and schools predates Clinton, the process was accelerated by the federal government spending billions on rebuilding inner cities and focusing on grants to cities for urban renewal. And Clinton's support of NAFTA sent manufacturing jobs overseas.

The Gulf War proved the administration could lie and the media would stand idly by, or even support those lies. The manipulation of the news media, and the American public, was complete.

The events of September 11, 2001, and the subsequent federal grab for power, including airline frisking and strip searches, NSA spying, and other intrusions, damaged American freedom. Then George W. Bush's lie about "weapons of mass destruction" went unquestioned by the media, and we spent trillions invading Iraq and Afghanistan. We've never left, and the money that could have been used to fix problems here in America ended up being monumentally wasted overseas in an endless "War on Terror" that can't ever be won.

Probably the reigns of the Clinton and Bush crime families did more to damage America than anything else. But I'd say the Reagan administration's focus on the "greed is good" and "trickle down economics" philosophies, as well as the secret overseas coups, also damaged America morally.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Life's pretty okay now........At least after 2-1/2 gallons of nitrocellulose lacquer in a closed shop it seems that way...

Wheeeeeeeeeee!
    *adds nitrocellulose lacquer to shopping list*

Life is AWESOME!!

One thing you can do to immediately to increase your happiness is TURN OFF THE NEWS.

After a month of not watching the news, you will be amazed at how awesome the world and life really is.

It's always been getting worse. We have a natural tendency to look back fondly on the past, remembering things to be better than they actually were. I'd guess that even thousands of years ago adults were saying that things had gone downhill from when they were kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's always been getting worse. We have a natural tendency to look back fondly on the past, remembering things to be better than they actually were. I'd guess that even thousands of years ago adults were saying that things had gone downhill from when they were kids.
    I guess a rectal exam at the airport would not bother you too much?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    I guess a rectal exam at the airport would not bother you too much?
    It does bother me, but less than dying of polio.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

It does bother me, but less than dying of polio.
    False choice set.

Just because "polio vaccine" does not mean "police state" must follow.

August 18, 1920.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Life has always been a combination of good and bad. You get to choose which of those you focus on. The "Good Old Days" weren't really that great either.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 06-10-2017 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    August 18, 1920.
    lol

1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast