Thread: Rand Paul: Trump/Russia Is 'Overplayed,' and 'Distracting us From Everything Right Now'

Rand Paul: Trump/Russia Is 'Overplayed,' and 'Distracting us From Everything Right Now'

Rand Paul: Trump/Russia Is 'Overplayed,' and 'Distracting us From Everything Right Now'
    Senator reacts to Comey hearing while unveiling new legislation to halt indefinite detention.
    By Matt Welch | Jun. 8, 2017

On Thursday afternoon, as Washington, D.C., was in thrall to former FBI director James Comey's headline-making testimony on Capitol Hill, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Kentucky) hosted a handful of libertarian journalists to talk about a series of under-the-radar legislative activities he's up to, including a new bill to prohibit indefinite detention.

Paul has been critical of what he has termed the "concocted" uproar over the Russia investigation, and this week agreed with Freedom Caucus Chair Mark Meadows (R-N.C.) saying that "Russia hysteria" is paralyzing Congress, so I asked him to comment on how events like today's hearing are affecting the climate for pushing through civil libertarian work.
    More: https://reason.com/blog/2017/06/08/r...overplayed-and
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Indeed, this Russia thing is huge distraction

We need to get back to work on important stuff,

like building a wall
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Indeed, this Russia thing is huge distraction

We need to get back to work on important stuff,

like building a wall
    Or a new TrumpCare scheme.

702 renewal is up again as well.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul