Thread: What's the biggest violation of rights in the US?

What's the biggest violation of rights in the US?

Obviously this is subjective but I'd argue that progressive taxation is by far the biggest violation of rights. At least if you put a monetary figure on it. Trillions of dollars are unfairly stolen from a minority group of taxpayers every year. If they don't pay they're threatened with jail time. There's no equal treatment under the law.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Property taxation.

You never own anything.

You are merely a serf, squatting on the King's land, at the King's pleasure.

UGH.
    EVERY aspect of life is under the jurisprudence of the state. Every last $#@!ing one. They have the power to "decide" what is "allowed". There is no "I" in Soviet Amerika, comrade. If you haven't been charged, you haven't been noticed. Yet.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

The ability to take your children.

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    UGH.
    EVERY aspect of life is under the jurisprudence of the state. Every last $#@!ing one. They have the power to "decide" what is "allowed". There is no "I" in Soviet Amerika, comrade. If you haven't been charged, you haven't been noticed. Yet.
    This.

It truly is subjective, as all we are arguing about is what link in the chain around our neck is the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Property taxation.

You never own anything.

You are merely a serf, squatting on the King's land, at the King's pleasure.
    Yeah, that's a good one. I hate property taxes for that reason. I much prefer sales or even income tax.

Passport. Its like a serf id card. Well it IS.

Quote Originally Posted by BV2 View Post
    Passport. Its like a serf id card. Well it IS.
    Yeah, but medieval serfs only had to pay about a 15% tax rate. The most productive in the US have to pay close to 70% in some areas.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Property taxation.

You never own anything.
    This is the biggest violation. But the biggest PROBLEM, the thing that we need to attack more vigorously than any other libertarian talking point, is what they do with that money.

They destroy your right to own property, and use the tax revenues to run public schools, where they raise a new generation of tax cattle who have been conditioned to accept that they will never own property.

Focus on what the biggest violations are... but attack the thing that makes most of us meekly accept them.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Corporate brainwashing.

Sorry ya'll my kid trumps your $#@!.

Get government out of child custody then we can talk about property.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Sorry ya'll my kid trumps your $#@!.

Get government out of child custody then we can talk about property.
    One could argue that if it was truly your property, it would be tough for them to remove the child from the property.

But we are just picking nits with all this.

Jeez, it's hard to pick just one but if I had to, it would probably be property taxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    This is the biggest violation. But the biggest PROBLEM, the thing that we need to attack more vigorously than any other libertarian talking point, is what they do with that money.

They destroy your right to own property, and use the tax revenues to run public schools, where they raise a new generation of tax cattle who have been conditioned to accept that they will never own property.

Focus on what the biggest violations are... but attack the thing that makes most of us meekly accept them.
    If I was king for a day my first proclamation would be to only allow net taxpayers to vote. Second would be to ban public education although if you implement the first the second might be unnecessary.

Paying 40-50% of your income in net taxes I think is a fair trade, for the roads you drive on, the wars overseas, the firetruck you probably will never need, and the Police who keep us safe from violent criminals who rob and steal

Ad the TSA which saves countless lives every year with their advanced groping techniques
    Last edited by TheTexan; 06-08-2017 at 10:40 AM.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    If I was king for a day my first proclamation would be to only allow net taxpayers to vote.
    Racist. Why do you hate black people
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If I was king for a day my first proclamation would be to only allow net taxpayers to vote.
    The net taxpayers already have an unfair advantage of deriving an income from their work. They should have their privilege checked. The only citizens allowed to vote should be the disadvantaged ones, the ones who do not pay taxes.

Our courts.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    The net taxpayers already have an unfair advantage of deriving an income from their work. They should have their privilege checked. The only citizens allowed to vote should be the disadvantaged ones, the ones who do not pay taxes.
    Ha! Ha!

The really funny part is that I wouldn't get to vote. I work for a private business but on a govt contract. I should be excluded from voting and I have no problem with that.

I used to think property was the paramount of rights, but I've begun to think that liberty of conscience is even more fundamental. The right of conscience is the source of every other right.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Paying 40-50% of your income in net taxes I think is a fair trade, for the roads you drive on, the wars overseas, the firetruck you probably will never need, and the Police who keep us safe from violent criminals who rob and steal

Ad the TSA which saves countless lives every year with their advanced groping techniques
    I actually hear that all the time only they're SERIOUS!!!

They'll say something like "how do you expect to pay for the roads and police and fire department?". And I'm thinking, "if that's all the govt did then you only need about 1% max from those rich people. You need to give back the other 60-70% you stole from them."

Ha! Ha!

The really funny part is that I wouldn't get to vote. I work for a private business but on a govt contract. I should be excluded from voting and I have no problem with that.
    Wait...if you can't vote, how will you know if you are free?
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    Wait...if you can't vote, how will you know if you are free?
    +rep voting is a fundamental right and freedom cant exist without it
    - Kim Kardashian