Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Donald Trump Shifted Kids-Cancer Charity Money Into His Business

How Donald Trump Shifted Kids-Cancer Charity Money Into His Business

How Donald Trump Shifted Kids-Cancer Charity Money Into His Business

LIKE AUTUMN LEAVES, sponsored Cadillacs, Ferraris and Maseratis descend on the Trump National Golf Club in Westchester County, New York, in September for the Eric Trump Foundation golf invitational. Year after year, the formula is consistent: 18 holes of perfectly trimmed fairways with a dose of Trumpian tackiness, including Hooters waitresses and cigar spreads, followed by a clubhouse dinner, dates encouraged. The crowd leans toward real estate insiders, family friends and C-list celebrities, such as former baseball slugger Darryl Strawberry and reality housewife (and bankruptcy-fraud felon) Teresa Giudice.

The real star of the day is Eric Trump, the president's second son and now the co-head of the Trump Organization, who has hosted this event for ten years on behalf of the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis. He's done a ton of good: To date, he's directed more than $11 million there, the vast majority of it via this annual golf event. He has also helped raise another $5 million through events with other organizations.

The best part about all this, according to Eric Trump, is the charity's efficiency: Because he can get his family's golf course for free and have most of the other costs donated, virtually all the money contributed will go toward helping kids with cancer. "We get to use our assets 100% free of charge," Trump tells Forbes.

That's not the case. In reviewing filings from the Eric Trump Foundation and other charities, it's clear that the course wasn't free--that the Trump Organization received payments for its use, part of more than $1.2 million that has no documented recipients past the Trump Organization. Golf charity experts say the listed expenses defy any reasonable cost justification for a one-day golf tournament.

Additionally, the Donald J. Trump Foundation, which has come under previous scrutiny for self-dealing and advancing the interests of its namesake rather than those of charity, apparently used the Eric Trump Foundation to funnel $100,000 in donations into revenue for the Trump Organization.

And while donors to the Eric Trump Foundation were told their money was going to help sick kids, more than $500,000 was re-donated to other charities, many of which were connected to Trump family members or interests, including at least four groups that subsequently paid to hold golf tournaments at Trump courses.

All of this seems to defy federal tax rules and state laws that ban self-dealing and misleading donors. It also raises larger questions about the Trump family dynamics and whether Eric and his brother, Don Jr., can be truly independent of their father.

Especially since the person who specifically commanded that the for-profit Trump Organization start billing hundreds of thousands of dollars to the nonprofit Eric Trump Foundation, according to two people directly involved, was none other than the current president of the United States, Donald Trump.

IN ORDER TO understand the Eric Trump Foundation, you need to understand the Donald J. Trump Foundation. The president was never known for giving his foundation much money, and from 2009 to 2014, he didn't give it anything at all. Outsiders still donated, though, allowing Trump to dole out their money to a smattering of more than 200 charities as if it were his own, with many of the donations helping his business interests.

Eric Trump set out to do things differently. Coming out of Georgetown, he decided he would try to translate the good fortune he had inherited into support for children's cancer research. Why this cause, especially for a guy who still doesn't have kids? "It's a great question--it's one that I've been asked before--and I'm not really sure," he says. "I think there is something about that innocence that has always affected me." After visiting various hospitals, he chose to give to strength, St. Jude, the world's best-known pediatric cancer center.

Eric Trump set up his foundation as a public charity, a classification that allows it to raise most of its money from outside donors. In 2007, when he was 23, the first Eric Trump golf tournament took place, raising $220,000. A compelling sales pitch evolved--the free golf course and the donated goods and services assured donors that every penny possible went to charity. The Eric Trump Foundation employed no staff until 2015, and its annual expense ratio averaged 13%, about half of what most charities pay in overhead. His original seven-person board was made up of personal friends, an innocuous lot who helped sell tournament tickets, which last year ranged from $3,000 for a single all-day ticket to $100,000 for a pair of VIP foursomes.

For the first four years of the golf tournament, from 2007 to 2010, the total expenses averaged about $50,000, according to the tax filings. Not quite the zero-cost advantage that a donor might expect given who owned the club but at least in line with what other charities pay to host outings at Trump courses, according to a review of ten tax filings for other charitable organizations.

But in 2011, things took a turn. Costs for Eric Trump's tournament jumped from $46,000 to $142,000, according to the foundation's IRS filings. Why would the price of the tournament suddenly triple in one year? "In the early years, they weren't being billed [for the club]--the bills would just disappear," says Ian Gillule, who served as membership and marketing director at Trump National Westchester during two stints from 2006 to 2015 and witnessed how Donald Trump reacted to the tournament's economics. "Mr. Trump had a cow. He flipped. He was like, 'We're donating all of this stuff, and there's no paper trail? No credit?' And he went nuts. He said, 'I don't care if it's my son or not--everybody gets billed.' "

Katrina Kaupp, who served on the board of directors at the Eric Trump Foundation in 2010 and 2011, also remembers Donald Trump insisting the charity start paying its own way, despite Eric's public claims to the contrary. "We did have to cover the expenses," she says. "The charity had grown so much that the Trump Organization couldn't absorb all of those costs anymore." The Trump Organization declined to answer detailed questions about the payments. But it seems that for the future president, who Forbes estimates is worth $3.5 billion, a freebie to help his son directly fight kids' cancer took a backseat to revenue.

"I saw that Eric was getting billed," Gillule adds. "I would always say, 'I can't believe that his dad is billing him for a charitable outing.' But that's what they wanted."

It's also very consistent. The Donald J. Trump Foundation famously acted like an arm of the overall business, using the charity's money to settle a Trump business lawsuit, make a political donation and even purchase expensive portraits of its namesake. Meanwhile, Trump businesses billed the Trump campaign, fueled by small outside donors, more than $11 million to use his properties, chefs and private aircraft.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalex...-his-business/
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

This is also a lot of free publicity for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. I hope enough money to cure several kids from cancer is raised out of all of this free publicity.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by rpfocus View Post
    Don't be an MSM tool.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-Long-Time-Ago
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Don't be an MSM tool.
    There's a reason Ron refused to vote for your orange god. Yet you want to promote THAT tool as a friend of the liberty movement. Your orange colored glasses prevent you from seeing the light. I don't need the "MSM" to tell me Trump is not good for the Liberty Movement. If you prefer to believe orange flavored Hope and Change is coming your way, so be it. Are we great again yet?

There's a reason Ron refused to vote for your orange god. Yet you want to promote THAT tool as a friend of the liberty movement. Your orange colored glasses prevent you from seeing the light. I don't need the "MSM" to tell me Trump is not good for the Liberty Movement. If you prefer to believe orange flavored Hope and Change is coming your way, so be it. Are we great again yet?
    Dude, shut the $#@! up. Trump is not 'my orange god', I didn't even vote for him.

Thomas Massie and Rand think we are much better off with Trump as President than some deep state tool, and they are correct.

Trump is not a liberty candidate, but he gives the liberty movement a much better point to pivot from in the future than if we went with some deep state tool like Hillary, or any of the other candidates in the Republican field besides Rand.

And yes, the country is much better off now than we were 6 months ago, trajectory wise. Look at the left, they are totally imploding. They are $#@!ed. This is a good thing.

The fact that you read something bad about Trump in the MSM and gloat about it means you are being a deep state tool. You are doing exactly what the deep state wants you to do, believing and spreading their lies. It's pathetic for anybody who believes in liberty to become a tool of the deep state. You don't have to like Trump, but you don't have to be a cheerleader for the deep state either.
    Last edited by dannno; 06-07-2017 at 04:38 PM.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dude, shut the $#@! up. Trump is not 'my orange god', I didn't even vote for him.

Thomas Massie and Rand think we are much better off with Trump as President than some deep state tool, and they are correct.

Trump is not a liberty candidate, but he gives the liberty movement a much better point to pivot from in the future than if we went with some deep state tool like Hillary, or any of the other candidates in the Republican field besides Rand.

And yes, the country is much better off now than we were 6 months ago, trajectory wise. Look at the left, they are totally imploding. They are $#@!ed. This is a good thing.

The fact that you read something bad about Trump in the MSM and gloat about it means you are being a deep state tool. You are doing exactly what the deep state wants you to do, believing and spreading their lies. It's pathetic for anybody who believes in liberty to become a tool of the deep state. You don't have to like Trump, but you don't have to be a cheerleader for the deep state either.
    Please. Whenever Trump is mentioned negatively, here you come with your cape. YOU shut the $#@! up. I don't give two $#@!s about your "deep state" obsession. Just another buzzword among many.

Please. Whenever Trump is mentioned negatively, here you come with your cape.
    That is horse$#@!, I absolutely defend Trump against the deep state mainstream media and George Soros propaganda, but I don't agree with everything he does nor do I defend it.

YOU shut the $#@! up. I don't give two $#@!s about your "deep state" obsession. Just another buzzword among many.
    Like Ron Paul? He talks about the deep state all the time.

If you want to remain ignorant about who actually runs $#@!, that is great, but we will never be free if we don't stand up to the people who are actually trying to take away our freedom. For you to come here and pretend like those groups don't exist, you are damaging the liberty movement's ability to be successful. Is that your goal, or are you just ignorant?
    Last edited by dannno; 06-07-2017 at 04:58 PM.

Is that your goal, or are you just ignorant?
    Dude. Short-circuiting every rational discussion you can find with name calling, blind obeisance, and other Deep State tactics, rather than allowing the adults to have adult conversations, is the thing which serves the Deep State's agenda.

The Deep State's game of divide and conquer requires two sides to work. Therefore, it cannot be only one side which is serving that Deep State agenda. Division conquers because it deprives the opposition of rationality, direction and purpose. Anyone who serves that purpose is a Deep State tool, no matter which side of this artificial divide they purport to represent.

In short, you serve the Deep State's agenda more than anyone else we see here these days. I don't know if you're paid to, or if you're just playing the role of Useful Idiot. Either way, congratulations. You're doing the divide and conquer ratfucking right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Dude. Short-circuiting every rational discussion you can find with name calling, blind obeisance, and other Deep State tactics, rather than allowing the adults to have adult conversations, is the thing which serves the Deep State's agenda.

The Deep State's game of divide and conquer requires two sides to work. Therefore, it cannot be only one side which is serving that Deep State agenda. Division conquers because it deprives the opposition of rationality, direction and purpose. Anyone who serves that purpose is a Deep State tool, no matter which side of this artificial divide they purport to represent.

In short, you serve the Deep State's agenda more than anyone else we see here these days. I don't know if you're paid to, or if you're just playing the role of Useful Idiot. Either way, congratulations. You're doing the divide and conquer ratfucking right.
    Uh, no, I'm making fun of people who are cheerleaders for the deep state media because anybody who still believes what they say is $#@!ing retarded and not going to help the liberty movement in any way shape or form. They ARE the enemy.

I'm all for adult conversations, but having an adult conversation with somebody whose God is CNN and Wapo is like having a conversation with someone who is in a looney bin.

Like Ron Paul? He talks about the deep state all the time.
    He doesn't use it as a shield to protect people from criticism. You do.

He doesn't use it as a shield to protect people from criticism. You do.
    Ya that's bull$#@!. Ron Paul has come out a few times and talked about how the deep state is going after Trump about stupid bull$#@! like Russia, and all the other stupid bull$#@! the MSM reports on that Ron Paul doesn't talk about. Do you think Ron Paul is going to make a video about this topic? No, because it is stupid MSM deep state bull$#@!.

When there is a valid reason to attack Donald Trump on his actions, 99% of the time the media is praising him for the actions. The media has definitely praised Trump twice, and that was for the MOAB and the Syria runway attack.

The other 365 days of the year we hear about stupid deep state made up bull$#@!.

Ya that's bull$#@!. Ron Paul has come out a few times and talked about how the deep state is going after Trump about stupid bull$#@! like Russia, and all the other stupid bull$#@! the MSM reports on that Ron Paul doesn't talk about. Do you think Ron Paul is going to make a video about this topic? No, because it is stupid MSM deep state bull$#@!.
    Great job avoiding what I said. Did you go go through some kind of training course for Official Trumpkins? It's remarkably in line with the administration's tactics.

Great job avoiding what I said. Did you go go through some kind of training course for Official Trumpkins? It's remarkably in line with the administration's tactics.
    I didn't avoid what you said at all. Ron Paul has called into question many times why the MSM, who is a mortal enemy of liberty, is against Trump and that perhaps that means he will do some good things.

Ron Paul has also made it abundantly clear that he does not agree with Trump on everything, and from a principled standpoint Trump relies too much on government.

Ron Paul ONLY attacks Trump on a few issues, issues that the mainstream media NEVER attacks Trump on.

That means if the mainstream media is attacking Trump, then Trump is doing something good. If Ron Paul is attacking Trump ON A SPECIFIC ACTION, that means he is doing something bad. Most of the time Ron Paul criticizes Trump it is not for an action, but a principled belief he holds about the Constitution, money or war. Occasionally he criticizes Trump on his actions, but I'd like to see you find something that Ron Paul criticizes Trump on that the mainstream media puts in their headlines, because while maybe possibly I think that would be a pretty difficult exercise.

If you had the critical thinking ability to know why that is, then you would understand that Trump is not the enemy, the deep state is. Trump is just a semi-misguided dude who is battling them.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron Paul ONLY attacks Trump on a few issues, issues that the mainstream media NEVER attacks Trump on.
    Renewed drug war

Anti Iran warmongering to include sanctions

Trump received criticism from both Ron Paul and the media on those two issues.

Uh, no, I'm making fun of people who are cheerleaders for the deep state media because anybody who still believes what they say is $#@!ing retarded and not going to help the liberty movement in any way shape or form. They ARE the enemy.

I'm all for adult conversations, but having an adult conversation with somebody whose God is CNN and Wapo is like having a conversation with someone who is in a looney bin.
    Because I'm not one to dismiss a story out of hand simply because it's reported on CNN, that makes me a cheerleader for the "deep state"? You've linked to garbage from Infowars, should I believe you were born with that tinfoil hat?

Because I'm not one to dismiss a story out of hand simply because it's reported on CNN, that makes me a cheerleader for the "deep state"? You've linked to garbage from Infowars, should I believe you were born with that tinfoil hat?
    I've linked to inforwars, not sure that I have ever linked to "garbage" from infowars, they are certainly a lot more truthful than the mainstream media.

Trump is just a semi-misguided dude who is battling them.
    Or you're a completely misguided dude who was fooled into battling his own allies because the concept that the Deep State could possibly pretend to dislike one of their own is too adult a concept for him, and is now too stubborn to even consider the possibility because he'd really hate to learn he was fooled.

Or you're a paid troll. Which, you know, would get you more respect in this crowd than being a Useful Idiot.

Thread definitely needs a poll...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Or you're a completely misguided dude who was fooled into battling his own allies because the concept that the Deep State could possibly pretend to dislike one of their own is too adult a concept for him.

Or you're a paid troll. Thread definitely needs a poll...
    I thought that may have been the case for a while, but within a month of the election I was certain that the media lost too much credibility for it to have been worth it attacking Donald Trump if he was one of them. They had Hillary, what's wrong with Hillary from the Deep State's perspective?

All right, guys. I've told him before that it gives Trump credibility among the disaffected to have a media they don't trust attacking him constantly. I've told him before that Hillary alone is worthless to them, they have to have controlled opposition too, or people will go find some real opposition instead.

Assuming he really is as stubborn and dense as he seems to be, and isn't pretending, what am I doing wrong? How does someone explain the facts of life so they can be understood by someone who would rather the world was a simple place?

I'm blue in the face from explaining this. Maybe if one of you explains it in words different from mine, it will at least rattle around in the fog a little before exiting via the other ear.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 06-07-2017 at 07:25 PM.

Danno reminds me of the kid back in school that $#@! his pants and blamed the stink on everybody else in the room.

Dude is so deep state.

You sir, are a tool and no lover of liberty.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    You sir, are a tool and no lover of liberty.

Your last 10 posts (*IN THEIR ENTIRETY*):
    1 "You sir, are a tool and no lover of liberty."
    2 "is it Ok for Jews to eat pork that has been circumcised?"
    3 "Black Waters Matter"
    4 "If you are successful, come on down to Texas and help a brother out."
    5 ""If I come to work in the US illegally, how much free stuff can I get?" "Nada, nada""
    6 "No other states will do it, because laziness and entitlements are part of the master plan."
    7 "Weapons of Mass Distraction"
    8 "Dang Russkies!!"
    9 "Enough debt to buy a house to learn how to be a pansy SJW. Sweet."
    10 "Hottest First Daughter evar^^"

Right. Real thought provoking stuff there. It's quite obvious who the tool is. Perhaps one day you can move up to 2 and 3 sentence posts. I know, one step at a time...

3 "Black Waters Matter"
    5 ""If I come to work in the US illegally, how much free stuff can I get?" "Nada, nada""
    6 "No other states will do it, because laziness and entitlements are part of the master plan."
    8 "Dang Russkies!!"

Right. Real thought provoking stuff there. It's quite obvious who the tool is. Perhaps one day you can move up to 2 and 3 sentence posts. I know, one step at a time...
    You should read his 11th post before you embarrass yourself again.

Mmmmm, Hooters waitresses and cigar spreads...
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

You should read his 11th post before you embarrass yourself again.
    Um, how would I be embarrassed by that? I listed 10 posts, mostly moronic one liners. I'm looking at his post history in "view forum posts". By that, I see:

11. "Hottest First Lady evar^"
    12. "True lol I figure that's mostly the 20-somethings after they've had a couple of beers lol"

Try harder, Danno. Yes, he actually has made posts with more than one line. I guess you got me. So embarrassing. I see sarcasm doesn't get through tinfoil.
    Last edited by rpfocus; 06-07-2017 at 08:22 PM.

3 "Black Waters Matter"
    8 "Dang Russkies!!"

@Jamesiv1 is complete sarcasm.

He's really fun when you get used to him.
    There is no spoon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast