Thread: Trump signs bill making it easier for ex-military to transition to cop

Exclamation Trump signs bill making it easier for ex-military to transition to cop

FFS...just when I'm ready to give this guy a gold star for something...

Just what we need, more ex-military hut hutting around as cops.

Donald Trump Signs Bills Assisting Law Enforcement: ‘We Are Behind You 100 Percent’

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...u-100-percent/

by Charlie Spiering 3 Jun 2017

President Donald Trump signed two bills on Friday assisting law enforcement officers, vowing to back the community “100 percent.”

“We are here today to reaffirm our unbreakable support for the American heroes who keep our streets, our homes, and our citizens safe, and they’ve been doing an amazing job under very adverse conditions,” Trump said during a signing ceremony at the White House.

Trump signed the Public Safety Officers’ Benefits Improvement Act, a bill to help streamline benefits for disabled officers and the families of fallen officers.

“For too long, injured officers have suffered, and the children of fallen officers have put their dreams of college on hold while bureaucracy delayed crucial benefits, made it impossible for their families,” Trump said. “No longer. It’s unacceptable, and it’s going to end today.”

Trump also signed the American Law Enforcement Heroes Act, a bill allowing federal grants to help military veterans transition to careers in law enforcement.

“America is proud of our veterans, and I think I can say a double proud or a triple proud,” he said.

Referring to his decision to withdraw the United States from the Paris climate agreement, Trump joked that the two bills he signed Friday were “slightly less controversial than yesterday.”

Several members of the law enforcement community joined Trump in the Diplomatic Reception Room for the signing ceremony, including representatives from the Fraternal Order of Police and the National Sheriffs’ Association.

Law enforcement officers from Maryland, Pennsylvania, Ohio, California, and Virginia were also present.

“When a home is threatened, when danger visits our doorstep, when innocent lives are on the line, Americans turn to their courageous officers of law enforcement because we know they are here to serve and to protect us all,” Trump said, thanking them.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “When a home is threatened, when danger visits our doorstep, when innocent lives are on the line, Americans turn to their courageous officers of law enforcement because we know they are here to serve and to protect us all,” Trump said, thanking them.
    I guess some still do, despite multiple reasons not to.
    "The Patriarch"

What better people to transition into cops? Military folks have been trained to kick down doors and shoot folks in their homes. Shouldn't be much of a transition for folks who are used to killing for the government.

Police, $#@! ya ! America !

Best President ever
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    What better people to transition into cops? Military folks have been trained to kick down doors and shoot folks in their homes. Shouldn't be much of a transition for folks who are used to killing for the government.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Police, $#@! ya ! America !

Best President ever
    Woohoo!! Looks like our freedoms are a comin' home! ...

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Woohoo!! Looks like our freedoms are a comin' home! ...
    I cannot figure out why the US never invaded Greenland .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Not enough people to kill.
    Not enough infrastructure to destroy.
    Not enough anything.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post

Thule Air Base

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thule_Air_Base
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Making AmeriKa great again, one dead puppy (or mundane) at a time.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Trump also signed the American Law Enforcement Heroes Act, a bill allowing federal grants to help military veterans transition to careers in law enforcement.
    Federal grants? Say no more, that's enough for a "no" vote right there.

It's probably a safe bet that ex-military are already a majority in US law enforcement. There is no need for federal funds for this program.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.