Thread: 8 Amazing Benefits Of Exercise

8 Amazing Benefits Of Exercise

8 Amazing Benefits Of Exercise

The health benefits of exercise are considered essential for enhancing physical activity and extending your healthy life. Being active and doing regular bodily exercises can prevent major chronic diseases such as heart problems, diabetes, high blood pressure, back pain, osteoporosis, joint pains, obesity, and even some forms of cancer.

For best health benefits, medical experts advise people to perform a minimum of half an hour of aerobic exercise at least 2 to 3 times in a week. You may also do half an hour of good physical activity every day.

Some of the health benefits of exercise ensure physical and mental health. It boosts the immune system and promotes proper sugar levels in the blood. It is good for the normal functioning of bones and protection against osteoporosis. Risks of high blood pressure, heart ailments, and even cancer are reduced with a regular dose of exercise. A balanced diet and daily exercise may do wonders for your overall health and wellness. According to the American College of Sports Medicine, 30 minutes of exercise scheduled everyday is capable of keeping a person fit.

The Physical and Mental Activities that Really Count:

Most people believe that only vigorous forms of exercise and playing outdoor sports could be considered a healthy exercise. However, reports suggest that even regular mundane activities such as cleaning the house, brisk walking, moving the lawn, sweeping, washing clothes, and doing the dishes can be termed as forms of exercise. The main aim is to stay fit and active throughout your life.

You don’t necessarily need to join a gym or do marathons in order to stay physically fit. Mental activities can involve doing some crossword puzzles, reading newspapers, helping your child in his/her homework, or calculating your bills in your mind instead of reaching for the calculator. The Researchers at Duke University have studied and concluded that regular mental exercise is helpful in treating depression, as is regular physical activity.

Everyday Activities Include:

Walking up the stairs.

Walking to stores instead of using a vehicle.

Doing the maximum amount of daily housework by yourself, in place of a maidservant.

Take care of your gardening.

Taking a brisk early morning walk or a late evening stroll.

Attending dance classes.

Health Benefits Of Exercise

Doing regular physical activity is immensely beneficial for health. Some of the health benefits of exercise are explained below.

Heart Diseases: Regular physical exercise strengthens the heart muscles, lowers LDL cholesterol levels, improves the blood flow to the heart, and prevents various heart disorders.

Obesity: A daily dose of physical activity considerably reduces body fat, uses up excess calories, and generally controls the body from putting on excess weight.

Back Pain: Exercise improves muscular strength, helps you maintain good posture, reduces fat levels, and thus prevents back pain and related conditions

Better Sleep: A good exercise regime helps you sleep faster and get high-quality, deep sleep without any dream sequences. The natural downscale in body temperature and heart rate after a strenuous physical workout may also help you fall asleep faster.

Sex Life: Daily exercise can help you get energized and can have positive result on a dull sex life. Exercise improves blood circulation and results in better performance in the bedroom. In recent studies, it has been found that men who regularly work out are less prone to sex-related problems such as erectile dysfunction.

Cancer: Research suggests that exercising an hour daily reduces the risk of contracting breast cancer in women of any age and any weight. Research also suggests that physical activity and healthy diet may help to reduce risk of cancer.

Dementia: Healthy diet, regular exercise and healthy lifestyle can help prevent dementia.

Depression: If you are feeling depressed, then a good round of physical exercise can stimulate the brain nerves and make you feel elevated, relaxed, and happier. You can feel much better after an exercise session, because it helps boost confidence levels and reduces undue stress.

Exercise doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to force yourself to go to a gym; a ballroom dance session is also a form of exercise. Going trekking, fooling around in your child’s play garden, or just dancing in the rain…everything counts as a healthy physical work out. Just get moving!

Back to Health Benefits of Food

References
    http://www.apa.org/monitor/2011/12/exercise.aspx
    http://www.ecco-org.eu/Global/News/E...ve-of-age.aspx
    http://msue.anr.msu.edu/news/nutriti...cer_prevention
    http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/dementi...revention.aspx
    https://www.organicfacts.net/health-...ignal30may2017
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Doing the maximum amount of daily housework by yourself, in place of a maidservant.
    Maidservant? (always wondered how these things actually worked!)

For some reason I don't believe that Dannno has any time left for exercise.
    The health benefits on physical health of sports are well-known by most, but not many people know that it's also good to prevent and as a treatment for depression. See the following quote from this thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6422849

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    The greatest beneficial effects of sports are achieved when doing it with others. Group contacts in themselves can prevent mental disease (unless of course you’re a Targeted Individual that gets harassed by undercover cops).
    There is only one problem: it only works when you enjoy doing it, because doing something that you despise is stressful in itself.
    I found 3 scientific looking reports that conclude that physical exercise is effective in the treatment of depression (that’s the nr. 1 mental health problem).

L.L. Craft et al – The Effect of Exercise on Clinical Depression and Depression Resulting from Mental Illness: A Meta-Analysis (1998):http://sadrunner-website-downloads.s...Depression.pdf
    This is a meta-analysis of 30 studies.
    Since at least 1905 the effect of exercise in the treatment of depression has been studied.
    Table 2 shows that a significant Effect Size (ES) is achieved by exercise treatment (negative means less depressed): -0.53 averagely.

Table 4 shows that the effects depend on the duration, intensity and frequency of the exercise, the most effective exercise is: of an average duration of less than 20 minutes; 3 times a week; for a period of more than 8 weeks; in a “lab” setting.

D. A Lawlor et al - The effectiveness of exercise as an intervention in the management of depression: systematic review and meta-regression analysis of randomised controlled trials (2001): http://www.bmj.com/content/322/7289/763.short
    This is a meta-analysis of 14 studies.
    Exercise significantly reduced symptoms of depression. The effect size becomes less with the passing of time after the exercise period has stopped. The effect of exercise was similar to cognitive therapy.
    The following figure shows that in 9 out of 10 studies exercise had beneficial effects.

J.A. Blumenthal et al - Exercise and Pharmacotherapy in the Treatment of Major Depressive Disorder (2007): https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2702700/
    This is a real study, instead of only a meta-analysis.
    A previous study by this group demonstrated that exercise was effective in reducing depressive symptoms in 156 older patients with Major Depression Disorder (MDD).
    In this study they tried to include a placebo control group, but (for obvious reasons) couldn´t make a placebo exercise group.
    They studied the effects in 202 adults older than 40 years, diagnosed with MDD for 16 weeks of: supervised group exercise; home-based exercise; and an antidepressant medication (sertraline) or placebo without exercise. The patients weren´t undergoing psychiatric treatment before the study started.
    31% patients on sertraline suffered from diarrhoea and loose stools compared with 21% in home-based exercise, 10% in supervised exercise, and 12% in the placebo group.
    The study showed that supervised exercising has a greater effect than home exercise, maybe because the supervised group exercised with more intensity (achieving a higher heart rate range).
    All the groups noticed positive effects, in remission after 16 weeks were: 45% of MDD patients supervised exercise (Sup.), 40% of home-based exercise (Home), 47% on medication (Med.), and 31% receiving placebo (Plac.) - see figure 3.
    Last edited by Firestarter; 05-31-2017 at 04:19 AM.
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    For some reason I don't believe that Dannno has any time left for exercise.
    The health benefits on physical health of sports are well-known by most, but not many people know that it's also good to prevent and as a treatment for depression. See the following quote from this thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6422849
    + rep

It is.

I've found the two things that help me the most are morning stretches (I stretch until the coffee pot beeps) and taking a walk after I eat.

Also, exercise helps you poop.

If your bowel habits are sluggish and you suffer constipation, maybe some exercise can help speed things up. According to experts, exercise does more than tone your heart and other muscles. Exercise is essential for regular bowel movements. In fact, one of the key risk factors for constipation is inactivity.

How Can Exercise Help Constipation?

Exercise helps constipation by decreasing the time it takes food to move through the large intestine, thus limiting the amount of water absorbed from the stool into the body. Hard, dry stools are harder to pass. In addition, aerobic exercise accelerates your breathing and heart rate. This helps to stimulate the natural contraction of intestinal muscles. Intestinal muscles that contract efficiently help move stools out quickly.

http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disor...n-via-movement
    I'm not one of those people who loves exercise but I love the way it makes me feel so I bite the bullet and do it. You don't have to go to the gym to get a good workout, either. I've started squeezing in little 5 minute workouts throughout the day. Stretching while waiting for coffee, I keep 5 lb weights outside the shower and do my arms while I'm waiting for it to warm up, my washer and dryer are on the floor (not on those drawers) and I do squats and lunges while I'm changing loads - I also do squats and lunges when I', loading and unloading the dishwasher. Oh, and I wear ankle and wrist weights around the house. Hell, even when I'm watching tv I'll lay on the rug and do butt lifts. When I go upstairs, I do two laps - run up, back down and back up as fast as I can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.