Thread: Is America's "War on Terror" working?

Is America's "War on Terror" working?

Is America's "war on terror" working?

In UK, the tide is shifting lately towards the "not working" camp.

Related

General election: We must be brave enough to admit war on terror not working, says Jeremy Corbyn

Sir Michael Fallon and Boris Johnson criticise Labour leader’s comments that UK needs ‘smarter way’ to reduce terror threat

Friday 26 May 2017

The sight of the army on Britain’s streets after the Manchester suicide bomb attack is a clear sign that the UK’s foreign policy and approach to fighting terrorism is not working, Jeremy Corbyn has said.
    The Labour leader said there must be more money for law enforcement, as he suggested Britain’s intervention in wars abroad had fuelled the risk of terrorism at home.

“Many experts, including professionals in our intelligence and security services, have pointed to the connections between wars our government has supported or fought in other countries and terrorism here at home,” he said.
    His comments drew immediate criticism from the Conservatives and Liberal Democrats, with Sir Michael Fallon, the defence secretary, accusing Corbyn of “very muddled and dangerous thinking” that implied blame on Britain for somehow bringing the Manchester terror attack on itself.
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ly-not-working

Obama's Libya: (The Murderous Neocon Nightmare to continue long after he leaves office.)

Corbyn links Manchester attack to foreign wars; blowback argument could make him next UK PM

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Working for whom?

Government is growing in both scope and size, the MIC is raking in astronomical profits and "Teh-Newz" has Boobus captivated....

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Good point there.
    Many well paying jobs are also being created in MIC related industries and rise in politicians donations willing to work with war lobbies.

I meant for the common man/woman aka "Boobus".
    I've never seen a terrorist here in the Ozarks so best I can tell the Trillions of tax dollars and countless dead furriners are serving their purpose..........If I were to believe the propaganda...

We need a bogeyman.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    We need a bogeyman.
    Why stop at one?

We've got an unidentifiable insurmountable shape-shifting bogeyman now....."Teh Terrist"

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    I've never seen a terrorist here in the Ozarks so best I can tell the Trillions of tax dollars and countless dead furriners are serving their purpose..........If I were to believe the propaganda...
    And the T-Rex repellent I am thinking of selling will have an even better success rate, You will be able to go your whole life without ever seeing one.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    And the T-Rex repellent I am thinking of selling will have an even better success rate, You will be able to go your whole life without ever seeing one.
    Make sure you get one for the camels.