Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wooden kayak

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    In the old days we actually used what would be called a dugout canoe but ours were very , very nice . Our Northern brothers used Birch Bark canoes . If I quoted you a price on a wooden canoe it would be very high . I would also need a couple new Adze and good ones are hard to find and expensive .
    How high? How many beads?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    How high? How many beads?
    Last one was cedar strips at around 5k with no seat backs or paddle . That has been awhile ago . I would have to walk around , look at trees first before I could give a quote .
    Do something Danke

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Last one was cedar strips at around 5k with no seat backs or paddle . That has been awhile ago . I would have to walk around , look at trees first before I could give a quote .
    Going to China next week, will look for sales on beads, any particular color?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Going to China next week, will look for sales on beads, any particular color?
    Nobody wants plastic beads made by kids . When the chinese economy tanks it will drag the US under too, what will americans do ?
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by georgiaboy View Post
    Nice. I pretty much have to travel to find good wind.

Been thinking I'd enjoy crewing on a big sailing ship in some capacity...
    They will let you lend a hand in sailing that one.

Here's another option: a training cruise...this is mostly younger kids but I see no reason why an older man learning to sail would not be welcome.

I've used NE Maritime many times for continuing training, and they are top notch.

He will. I've always enjoyed water sports but never kayaked until my son got into it a few years ago and I was too nervous to let him go by himself. I've gotten to where I love paddling around the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    I'm hoping in the next year or two son shows an interest in doing this with me...

http://rivermiles.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Not a Kayak,,
    but I've sailed her (hands on).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Union_(schooner)
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12