Thread: Disrupt for America: You Can Now Donate to a Mark Zuckerberg for President Campaign

Disrupt for America: You Can Now Donate to a Mark Zuckerberg for President Campaign

You Can Now Donate to a Mark Zuckerberg for President Campaign
    Lucinda Shen
    May 24, 2017

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg confirmed that he is not running for President in 2020 earlier this week. But some of his supporters don't care.

A newly formed progressive Super PAC named "Disrupt for America" is now accepting donations for their cause: convincing Zuckerberg to run in 2020.

"We will have to convince the American people to convince Mark," a spokesperson for the PAC said in an email, noting that 2020 is still awhile away.

And why is the group fixated on Zuckerberg?

" His comments on the topic are measured, sensible, and allow him to retain flexibility. I think most people would (and should) say something very similar in this situation, " the spokesperson said. " Having done some preliminary focus group work on this, we are confident that we can overcome any hurdles we might face with respect to the electorate's perception of Mark as a viable candidate."

So far, the Super PAC has been rather hush hush. It's declined to disclose its funding or its backers, though Disrupt says the Super PAC is "well-funded, well-connected." The only name on Disrupt's Federal Elections Committee filing to raise unlimited funds was Rodney Giles, a Houston, Texas-based "serial entrepreneur" connected to small real estate and oil exploration businesses. Giles was named the Super PAC's treasurer.

The spokesperson did reveal, however, that Disrupt for America currently has eight board members and an office in Houston. The Super PAC also plans to open an office in California and Washington, D.C., soon, and is currently focused on hiring.

While it waits for the 2020 presidential elections (and for Zuckerberg's 35th birthday in 2019), Disrupt will be backing Democratic and progressive congressional candidates in the hopes of turning both Texas and Florida blue.

Zuckerberg on his part has shown interest, at the very least, in working for public office. Facebook has reportedly paved the way for Zuckerberg to assume a government position while retaining his control over the company. At the same time, the billionaire CEO has set off on a road trip not unlike one a presidential candidate might undertake.

"My personal challenge this year is to visit every state I haven't spent time in before to learn about people's hopes and challenges, and how they're thinking about their work and communities," he wrote in the Sunday Facebook post. Still, he notes: "Some of you have asked if this challenge means I'm running for public office. I'm not."

http://fortune.com/2017/05/24/mark-z...witter_FORTUNE
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Zuck vs Oprah for the DNC!

Trump vs The Rock for the RNC!

"Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

What will his supporters be called? Zuckers?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    What will his supporters be called? ZSuckers?
    FTFY.

Now you can Bring FaceBook Thought Policing to the World
    Last edited by AZJoe; 05-27-2017 at 05:30 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.