Thread: [Satire] Mainline Protestantism declared a Safe Space for those offended by the Gospel

[Satire] Mainline Protestantism declared a Safe Space for those offended by the Gospel

LOLz
    http://babylonbee.com/news/mainline-...fended-gospel/
    LOUISVILLE, KY—While some college campuses have established safe spaces where the disenfranchised can avoid the pressures, biases, and judgement of the world, mainline Protestant denominations are taking it one step further. The entire umbrella group has now been designated a safe space for those who would otherwise be offended by the gospel, sources confirmed Wednesday.

Speaking on behalf of a plethora of denominations including the Presbyterian Church (USA), the Episcopal Church, the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, and the United Methodist Church, a spokesperson issued the following statement: “We are in agreement that there is a great need for churches to rise up and create spaces that are safe for questioning and accepting our identities, doubts, fears, failures, and blatant sins. Effective immediately, we are declaring all mainline Protestant churches safe spaces, where there are no judgments, conviction, repentance, or gospel presentations whatsoever.”

The statement listed elements that safe space churches should remove from their premises, including “crosses, Bibles, pulpits, organs, hymnals, systematic theologies, and sermons exhibiting any form of triggering micro-aggression. Be considerate.” Words like “sin,” “hell,” “death,” “wrath,” “propitiation,” and “substitutionary atonement” are also on the ban list.

On behalf of all of mainline Protestantism, the spokesperson expressed heartfelt joy that they were able to make such a major step toward accepting—and not judging—anyone who may be on a path toward God’s judgment. “Our congregations are now spaces that are safe from the power of God in the gospel, where each person is free to construct their own narrative. That’s worthy of celebration.”

obvious satire is obvious
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Whew, glad I'm not Protestant.

Unbelievable

I guess the Great Commision Christ gave to His Church to go and spread the gospel and baptize the nations is deemed offensive by some modern 'Christians'.

Edit; apparently the OP article is satire. But if one studies the direction some of the Protestant churches listed above are heading, it is only a matter of time before such sentiments arise.

Btw, HB, currently reading "Orthodoxy and Heterodoxy" by Fr. Stephen Damick, the revised second edition, which just came out. Pretty much nails it on the head why secularism has arisen and created a 'post-Christian' west, and gives a detailed account of the actors and the dogmatic heresies which has led to it.
    Last edited by TER; 05-26-2017 at 10:16 PM.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Not really.

but I did find the disclaimer on the bottom of the page.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Edited my post above. Glad to hear this is only satire. Nevertheless, what makes it satire is that there is an element of truth in it.
    +

Btw, can a mod fix the title of this thread to say "Satire" since it is a misleading title
    +

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    Btw, can a mod fix the title of this thread to say "Satire" since it is a misleading title
    I thought it was common knowledge Babylon Bee is satire. Sorry!
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    Unbelievable

I guess the Great Commision Christ gave to His Church to go and spread the gospel and baptize the nations is deemed offensive by some modern 'Christians'.

Edit; apparently the OP article is satire. But if one studies the direction some of the Protestant churches listed above are heading, it is only a matter of time before such sentiments arise.

Btw, HB, currently reading "Orthodoxy and Heterodoxy" by Fr. Stephen Damick, the revised second edition, which just came out. Pretty much nails it on the head why secularism has arisen and created a 'post-Christian' west, and gives a detailed account of the actors and the dogmatic heresies which has led to it.
    I've heard a lot of good things about the new version of Fr. Damick's book. I plan on getting a copy ASAP.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sinners defining sin!? Unheard of!
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE