Thread: TX teacher gives "most likely to become a terrorist" award to 7th grader

Thumbs down TX teacher gives "most likely to become a terrorist" award to 7th grader

wtf? Your tax dollars at work...

Texas Teacher Gives ‘Most Likely To Become A Terrorist’ Award To 7th Grader

The school principal promises an investigation will take place.

By Ed Mazza

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...ushpmg00000063

A Texas middle school principal plans to launch an investigation after a 7th-grade student was named “most likely to become a terrorist” in a mock award ceremony

I was shocked,” Lizeth Villanueva, a 13-year-old student at Anthony Aguirre Junior High in Houston, told Click2Houston. “[The teacher] said, ‘Most likely to become a terrorist,’ and she said my name, and she gave me this.”

Lizeth received the award in an advanced learning program that’s supposed to help kids prepare for college. The teacher, who was not named, told the students the award was supposed to be funny, but Lizeth’s not laughing.

“It was not a joke,” Lizeth was quoted as saying. “I do not feel comfortable with this.”

Principal Eric Lathan released an apology on Twitter for “insensitive and offensive” awards, saying they were distributed after the school’s real awards ceremony had concluded.

“These award statements and ideals are not representative of the Aguirre vision, mission and educational goals for its students,” Lathan wrote. “An investigation will be launched into these events.”

Lizeth’s mother told local CBS station KHOU that the principal apologized in person as well, but said she wants the teacher to face discipline.

Get fired, at least, or something,” Ena Hernandez said.

“It doesn’t look good at all, especially coming from a teacher, a grown-up woman,” Hernandez said. “It doesn’t look good because everything that’s going on right now.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pffft...I was in the same sort of program and I recall being nominated by the school "officials" as "Most Likely To Be In Prison".

Now I make more money than they do.

LOL
    Do something Danke

I totally would've won that.

I got Most Mischievous. I got kicked out of high school the day they took the picture for the yearbook. My teenage years were a hell of a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Pffft...I was in the same sort of program and I recall being nominated by the school "officials" as "Most Likely To Be In Prison".

Now I make more money than they do.
    shut in with a bunch of men for long voyages, they weren't far off.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

self-fulfilling prophecy.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Probably cut the most farts in class.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    shut in with a bunch of men for long voyages, they weren't far off.
    When men come to like a sea-life, they are not fit to live on land. - Samuel Johnson

No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned... a man in a jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company. - Samuel Johnson

Ashore it’s wine, women and song; aboard it’s rum, bum and concertina. - Old saying

Geez, I need a hug now...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When men come to like a sea-life, they are not fit to live on land. - Samuel Johnson

No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned... a man in a jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company. - Samuel Johnson

Ashore it’s wine, women and song; aboard it’s rum, bum and concertina. - Old saying

Geez, I need a hug now...

what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

You should take HB with you on your next voyage, could make a little extra shore money.

he is always looking for some more Seamen on his 'Poopdeck.
    Last edited by Danke; 05-26-2017 at 08:18 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

You should take HB with you on your next voyage, could make a little extra shore money.

Only if you come with us...

Only if you come with us...
    Reported to Donnay.
    Last edited by Danke; 05-26-2017 at 08:26 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Aw, don't be jealous. There's plenty to go around and I'm not picky. Like I said in my free hugz thread, *free hugz for everybody!* I can tell you really need hugz. You're quite cranky toady. :/