Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben & Jerry’s bans two scoops of same flavor until marriage equality comes to Australia

Ben & Jerry’s bans two scoops of same flavor until marriage equality comes to Australia

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/b...ity-australia/

24 May 2017 by David Hudson

Ben & Jerry’s announced today that it was barring customers at is 26 stores in Australia from ordering two scoops of the same flavor.
    It’s doing so to highlight the lack of marriage equality for LGBTI people in Australia.
    ‘Imagine heading down to your local Scoop Shop to order your favorite two scoops of Cookie Dough in a waffle cone. But you find out you are not allowed – Ben & Jerry’s has banned two scoops of the same flavor. You’d be furious!’ said the company in a statement.
    ‘But this doesn’t even begin to compare to how furious you would be if you were told you were not allowed to marry the person you love.
    ‘So we are banning two scoops of the same flavor and encouraging our fans to contact their MPs to tell them that the time has come – make same sex marriage legal! Love comes in all flavours!’
    To accompany the initiative, the ice-cream giant is installing post boxes emblazoned with rainbows in each of its Australian stores. It wants customers to write a postcard to their MP urging them to back marriage equality.
    ‘We will make sure that the postcards are delivered before the final parliamentary session on June 13th, before the budget is announced –We see this as the next opportunity for to achieve marriage equality, so we need to act NOW!’
    ‘At Ben & Jerry’s we love love, and we think most Australians do too. More Australians than ever before believe everyone should have the right to love who they love – and marry them too, if that’s what makes you happy. Let’s make it happen!’

Ben & Jerry’s is known for taking a stand on social issues. This is not the first time that it has spoken in support of marriage equality.
    In the UK, the company teamed up with LGBT advocacy group Stonewall in 2012 to promote marriage equality – renaming one of its flavors as ‘Appily Ever After’ and featuring two figurines of grooms on the packaging.
    Similarly, in Germany, the company supports the Ehe Für Alle movement: a conglomerate of over 60 organizations supporting marriage equality. To celebrate, it renamed its Cookie Dough ice-cream into ‘Yes I Dough’.
    In the US it was among the many companies to sign an amicus brief to the Supreme Court in early 2015 urging it to legalize same-sex marriage across the country.
    In summer 2015, when marriage equality was made legal across the US, it temporarily renamed Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough flavor as ‘I Dough, I Dough’.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, that's one place I don't have to think about patronizing.

In regards to this, I only have two words Haagen Dazs

They'll change their mind. Wait for it. lolol.

Best Ice cream in the world. Who cares. Go buy a pint and give yourself 3 scoops of the same shat.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Best Ice cream in the world. Who cares. Go buy a pint and give yourself 3 scoops of the same shat.
    Nope. I won't give them a penny.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    In regards to this, I only have two words Haagen Dazs
    One word: Bluebell Homemade Vanilla
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm fine with this. I'd be more fine if B&J wasnt part of a big conglomerate now, but capitalist activism is fine with me. Don't like it, dont buy it. I love me some Phish Food though.
    The more prohibitions you have,
    the less virtuous people will be.
    The more weapons you have,
    the less secure people will be.
    The more subsidies you have,
    the less self-reliant people will be.

Therefore the Master says:
    I let go of the law,
    and people become honest.
    I let go of economics,
    and people become prosperous.
    I let go of religion,
    and people become serene.
    I let go of all desire for the common good,
    and the good becomes common as grass.

-Tao Te Ching, Section 57

I stood in front of the ice cream aisle the other night. BJ's was on sale. 2 fer $6. I looked through the selection and came across a Jimmy Kimmel flavor and then a Stephen Colbert flavor.

WTF?

I just grabbed a half pint of PET vanilla for $3.

I've got all the condiments to make my own creation without the politics.

Goodbye Ben and Jerry's.

Quote Originally Posted by jonhowe View Post
    I'm fine with this. I'd be more fine if B&J wasnt part of a big conglomerate now, but capitalist activism is fine with me. Don't like it, dont buy it. I love me some Phish Food though.
    If they want to make jackasses out of themselves the government shouldn't stop them. But the public should punish them for their arrogance and perversity.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I kind of like it when these companies self-identify a$$holes.

I helps me decide who to patronize.

Ben & Jerrys-no ordering 2 of the same ice cream flavors 'til Australia legalizes gay marriage

Pictured: Owners of Ben and Jerry's, Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield.

'Love comes in all flavours': Ben & Jerry's BAN customers from ordering two scoops of the same ice cream until Australia legalises gay marriage

• Ben and Jerry's banned two scoops of the same flavour ice cream
    • The chain has imposed the ban until Australia legalises same-sex marriage
    • Ben and Jerry's placed boxes in stores where customers can write to MPs

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-marriage.html

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

I hope B&J go out of business.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Geezus!!!... just make friggin' ice cream & mind your own business already.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    I don't care either- it's their business- they can do what the want.........although I do concur with @Schifference about Haagen Dazs.
    There is no spoon.

It's their business and my money. I already don't buy their political ice cream so this has no effect on me.
    "The Patriarch"

Between this and companies spending money buying reps and lobbying governments, I'll take this. I think it's a pretty funny way to protest an issue that they care about. As was said in the rest of the thread, people can decide for themselves if they want to support the company with their money or not.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Between this and companies spending money buying reps and lobbying governments, I'll take this. I think it's a pretty funny way to protest an issue that they care about. As was said in the rest of the thread, people can decide for themselves if they want to support the company with their money or not.
    I'm not surprised you support Bernie's ice cream. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ders-ice-cream
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    I'm not surprised you support Bernie's ice cream. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ders-ice-cream
    I'm not really a sweets person. My vices are salty foods.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

I am sure everybody who works there supports their actions.

I've ridden my bicycle on trails throughout the farms that B&J gets their milk from near St Albans VT. Beautiful country.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    I am sure everybody who works there supports their actions.
    They're free to quit if they have a problem with it. They don't own the company.
    Pinochet is the model

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They're free to quit if they have a problem with it. They don't own the company.
    Of course. Getting a new job is a process that takes at most a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Of course. Getting a new job is a process that takes at most a few minutes.
    That's their problem, not the company's.
    Pinochet is the model

Companies doing what they want to do without gubernment interference.. excellent - they can be as stupid as they want to and let the market decide.
    Hasn't there been a smart ass that wanted two scoops of whatever and asked for the second scoop to be in a different vessel? (cone.. bowl.. DIY two scoop cone)

Years ago.. military clubs overseas (West Germany) decided that it was against the rules for a bartender (me) to fix doubles or triples .. no more than one shot of booze to a glass.
    We had to wash a bunch more glasses for those shots on the side and for a while I had to make really lousy white Russians, Manhattans, etc and OMG what we had to do to the Long Island ice teas... premix a few of just the booze then shot it out

yeah.. not really related but my mind wandered off
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

I assume they don't sell Ben & Jerry's in Africa, Asia, or Eastern Europe?
    Stop believing stupid things

Nancy Boy ice cream . LOL , never tried it .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I stood in front of the ice cream aisle the other night. BJ's was on sale. 2 fer $6. I looked through the selection and came across a Jimmy Kimmel flavor and then a Stephen Colbert flavor.

WTF?

I just grabbed a half pint of PET vanilla for $3.

I've got all the condiments to make my own creation without the politics.

Goodbye Ben and Jerry's.
    Believe it or not the Jimmy Fallon flavor and the Colbert are two of the best. Americone Dream is what dreams are made of. It's like an orgasm.

BTW: I was at B&J's on Sunday and got two scoops of the same flavor so this is bull$#@! because it wouldn't fly in the US.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast