Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump directly scolds NATO allies, says they owe 'massive' sums

Trump directly scolds NATO allies, says they owe 'massive' sums

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Winning friends for America across the globe.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Winning friends for America across the globe.
    They are not our friends and have not been for a long time.
    They are parasites. Better to cut them off entirely, but I still hope that we may.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

NATO members parasites?

For paying through the nose to be US vassals? Yankee go home
    >_<

Quote Originally Posted by merkelstan View Post
    NATO members parasites?

For paying through the nose to be US vassals? Yankee go home
    They dump the immense cost of their defense on the U.S. to subsidize their welfare states.

End NATO and we will both be happy.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They dump the immense cost of their defense on the U.S. to subsidize their welfare states.

I guess both your premise and Trump's premise is that the NATO alliance protects European nations from something. Post WWII, that was mostly true, for a while at least. Not post Soviet Union though. The main deception here is calling your/our militaries 'defense', when they have been almost exclusively an offensive tool.

Here's an interesting perspective y'all might not have heard before (10min)

I'm not saying Friedman's analysis is right or wrong or complete, but at least it presents a geostrategic argument that's historically plausible and reflects the kind of thinking strategists employ. (he's from Stratfor)

So does Europe need the US to defend against Russia - a country with the GDP of the Netherlands? Of course not. But dismantling NATO would A) be ending a government program (which is always hard to do) and B) Call into question other 'protective' US foreign military installations such as in S. Korea, and that might lead to people questioning the need for the quasi-empire itself. e.g. "Why does our military have an African Command in the first place?"
    Last edited by merkelstan; 05-26-2017 at 11:02 AM. Reason: improvements
    >_<

Bull$#@!, Americans are just looking for excuses as to why we spend a completely unnecessary amount of money on war.

Trump cognitive dissonance in effect: NATO is terrible and we shouldn't be in it, which is why we're asking NATO nations to put more money into it to make it even stronger.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

I guess both your premise and Trump's premise is that the NATO alliance protects European nations from something. Post WWII, that was mostly true, for a while at least. Not post Soviet Union though. The main deception here is calling your/our militaries 'defense', when they have been almost exclusively an offensive tool.[/video]
    I definitely oppose our foreign adventures. But the European countries would need militaries to defend themselves from eachother or from outsiders if it were not for NATO and PAX Americana.

But dismantling NATO would A) be ending a government program (which is always hard to do) and B) Call into question other 'protective' US foreign military installations such as in S. Korea, and that might lead to people questioning the need for the quasi-empire itself. e.g. "Why does our military have an African Command in the first place?"
    This is what needs to be done. No matter how hard and complaining about the Europeans cheating just might get the ball rolling with the public.

And by the way it is Europe (especially the UK) that wants Russia targeted, THEY use the U.S. and our tax money to run their modern Crypto-Empire.
    Parasites just like I said.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Bull$#@!, Americans are just looking for excuses as to why we spend a completely unnecessary amount of money on war.
    See above

Trump cognitive dissonance in effect: NATO is terrible and we shouldn't be in it, which is why we're asking NATO nations to put more money into it to make it even stronger.
    See above, I want NATO ended, I am not yet giving Dump credit for wanting that too but this may be a first step.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I definitely oppose our foreign adventures

yeah like jeffrey dahmer's adventures.

https://www.vdare.com/radios/radio-d...t-syndrome-etc

interesting stuff
    >_<

yeah like jeffrey dahmer's adventures.

https://www.vdare.com/radios/radio-d...t-syndrome-etc

interesting stuff
    I was using a classic old term, and I oppose going abroad in search of monsters to destroy.
    We both oppose NATO, why are you so hostile?
    If you read many of my other posts you would know I am no fan of Trump.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I was thinking about billing some of those crappy euro trash Nato countries .
    Do something Danke

Bull$#@!,...

LOL at the ultra progressive TheCount bristling when somebody criticizes the welfare state.
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    LOL at the ultra progressive TheCount bristling when somebody criticizes the welfare state.
    LOL ULTRA NEOCON NCL criticizes progressive Thecount for criticizing the military industrial complex welfare state.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Europe is partially funding 'free' college initiatives on our dime. Time to pay up.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Europe is partially funding 'free' college initiatives on our dime. Time to pay up.
    LOL right, they must of had a lot of leeway when we offered to park our protection inside their country. Ron Paul always argues that we are the invaders, its almost like the Mob offering you protection so you don't get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    LOL right, they must of had a lot of leeway when we offered to park our protection inside their country. Ron Paul always argues that we are the invaders, its almost like the Mob offering you protection so you don't get hurt.
    We have the Astronomical Debt they do not (what percentage of the budget is the DoD?), they are the ones who want their neighbor Russia targeted.
    They are parasites.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We have the Astronomical Debt they do not (what percentage of the budget is the DoD?), they are the ones who want their neighbor Russia targeted.
    They are parasites.
    The amount of money we spend on NATO is noting compared to our debt. this is a distraction from the problem which is government subsidizing industries like healthcare and food and education through military and fedral loans causing the price to sky rocket. We overspent because there was too much liquidity and people voted for the government programs that cause the problems, they never vote to get rid of the programs creating the debt. You could have us leave NATO and it would do nothing to our debt, you are parroting the distraction narrative.

The amount of money we spend on NATO is noting compared to our debt. this is a distraction from the problem which is government subsidizing industries like healthcare and food and education through military and fedral loans causing the price to sky rocket. We overspent because there was too much liquidity and people voted for the government programs that cause the problems, they never vote to get rid of the programs creating the debt. You could have us leave NATO and it would do nothing to our debt, you are parroting the distraction narrative.
    What percentage of the budget is the DoD?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

What percentage of the budget is the DoD?
    Since when do we get compelled by NATO to spend money on the DoD? You're blaming NATO not the Mccains. You know what you are doing.

Since when do we get compelled by NATO to spend money on the DoD? You're blaming NATO not the Mccains. You know what you are doing.
    NATO Gives the McPains the excuse for the global empire that their European Overlords want, Treaty obligations and all that.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

NATO Gives the McPains the excuse for the global empire that their European Overlords want, Treaty obligations and all that.
    CONGRESS DEFINES WHAT WE SPEND $#@! YOUR WORLD GOVERNMENT TALKING POINT.

CONGRESS DEFINES WHAT WE SPEND $#@! YOUR WORLD GOVERNMENT TALKING POINT.
    And the Senate brought you NATO, and the Congress will keep pointing to NATO and it's brothers to justify, nay mandate DodD spending.
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 05-27-2017 at 01:14 PM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

And the Senate brought you NATO, and the Congress will keep pointing to NATO and it brothers to justify nay mandate DodD spending.
    it wasn't the Ron Pauls that brought you this debt.

it wasn't the Ron Pauls that brought you this debt.
    No, indeed. It was Europe/NATO/The UN/The McPains and their Ilk.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No, indeed. It was Europe/NATO/The UN/The McPains and their Ilk.
    We could always march our troops back here. I am sure my coworkers brother would prefer not to be in Poland, or my other coworkers brother who is going to Syria. I am sure that would help with the debt.

We could always march our troops back here. I am sure my coworkers brother would prefer not to be in Poland, or my other coworkers brother who is going to Syria. I am sure that would help with the debt.
    How much do all those overseas bases cost?
    Not to mention a military that is bigger than what we need for our own defense. Or all the other costs that come from NATO.
    And we will not be bringing the boys back home so long as we are still a member of NATO.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

How much do all those overseas bases cost?
    Not to mention a military that is bigger than what we need for our own defense. Or all the other costs that come from NATO.
    And we will not be bringing the boys back home so long as we are still a member of NATO.
    Do you not see the hypocrisy in advocating in getting out of entangling alliances and less intervention in other nations affairs and demanding a stop to our government funding other countries defense and then demand other governments to take money away from their citizens and then give to NATO?

Do you not see the hypocrisy in advocating in getting out of entangling alliances and less intervention in other nations affairs and demanding a stop to our government funding other countries defense and then demand other governments to take money away from their citizens and then give to NATO?
    I do not want them to give more money to NATO, I want to use their bad faith and parasitism to end NATO, and then let them decide how much they wish to spend on their own defense.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I do not want them to give more money to NATO, I want to use their bad faith and parasitism to end NATO, and then let them decide how much they wish to spend on their own defense.
    Yeah but that's not even what Trump thinks, Trump thinks that they owe us money, Trump thinks to the victor goes the spoils. I think Rand Paul called it best when he said in the debate that the other people on the stage have a foreign policy that is like a game of risk.

Yeah but that's not even what Trump thinks, Trump thinks that they owe us money, Trump thinks to the victor goes the spoils. I think Rand Paul called it best when he said in the debate that the other people on the stage have a foreign policy that is like a game of risk.
    I do not yet give Dump credit for sharing my goal, but he might.
    And even if he does not, I believe in political judo, latch on to anything moving your direction and help it along, maybe even farther than it wants.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast