Thread: Why Saudi defense deal concerns Sen. Rand Paul

Why Saudi defense deal concerns Sen. Rand Paul

Why Saudi defense deal concerns Sen. Rand Paul

Senator Rand Paul on the Saudi defense deal, James Comey, the Russia investigation, the proposed budget and growth of Medicaid.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Eric Margolis provides sharp commentary at LRC:

Trump’s tirade against Tehran was delivered in Saudi Arabia, a feudal monarchy that holds no elections, cuts off the heads of some 80-90 people annually, and treats women like cattle. While claiming to be the leader of the Muslim world, the Saudi royal family funds mayhem and extreme Muslim obscurantism through the region. The current wave of primitive violence by some self-professed Muslims – ISIS being the leader – was originally funded and guided by the Saudis in a covert struggle to combat revolutionary Iran. ...

Iran has the freest political system in the Mideast (except for Israel). Iranian women have rights and political freedoms that are utterly unknown in Saudi Arabia. Iran just held a fair and open national election in which moderates won. Compare this to Saudi Arabia’s medieval Bedouin society. ...

Today, US and British equipped Saudi forces are laying waste to wretched Yemen, the Arab world’s poorest nation. As a result of a Saudi air, land and sea blockade, the UN now reports that famine has gripped large parts of Yemen. US and British technicians are keeping the Saudi air force flying; the US and Britain supply the bombs.

President Trump arrived with a bag of $110 billion worth of arms, and a promise of $350 billion worth over ten years. ... the Saudis have bought warehouses of US arms in exchange for keeping oil prices low and fronting for US interests ...

Saudi money and influence has flowed far and wide across the US political landscape. That’s how the Saudis get away with mass killing in Yemen, funding ISIS and ravaging Syria with hardly any peeps of protest from Congress.

By now, it’s perfectly clear that the long secret relationship between Israel, Saudi Arabia and the Gulf Emirates has finally come into the open. Israel and its rich Arab friends all hate Iran, they oppose Palestinian rights, and fear revolution in the Arab world. ...
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    Eric Margolis provides sharp commentary at LRC:

Trump’s tirade against Tehran was delivered in Saudi Arabia, a feudal monarchy that holds no elections, cuts off the heads of some 80-90 people annually, and treats women like cattle. While claiming to be the leader of the Muslim world, the Saudi royal family funds mayhem and extreme Muslim obscurantism through the region. The current wave of primitive violence by some self-professed Muslims – ISIS being the leader – was originally funded and guided by the Saudis in a covert struggle to combat revolutionary Iran. ...

Iran has the freest political system in the Mideast (except for Israel). Iranian women have rights and political freedoms that are utterly unknown in Saudi Arabia. Iran just held a fair and open national election in which moderates won. Compare this to Saudi Arabia’s medieval Bedouin society. ...

Today, US and British equipped Saudi forces are laying waste to wretched Yemen, the Arab world’s poorest nation. As a result of a Saudi air, land and sea blockade, the UN now reports that famine has gripped large parts of Yemen. US and British technicians are keeping the Saudi air force flying; the US and Britain supply the bombs.

President Trump arrived with a bag of $110 billion worth of arms, and a promise of $350 billion worth over ten years. ... the Saudis have bought warehouses of US arms in exchange for keeping oil prices low and fronting for US interests ...

Saudi money and influence has flowed far and wide across the US political landscape. That’s how the Saudis get away with mass killing in Yemen, funding ISIS and ravaging Syria with hardly any peeps of protest from Congress.

By now, it’s perfectly clear that the long secret relationship between Israel, Saudi Arabia and the Gulf Emirates has finally come into the open. Israel and its rich Arab friends all hate Iran, they oppose Palestinian rights, and fear revolution in the Arab world. ...
    The Saudi's are basically waging a war of conquest on Yemen. Remember when Iraq did that to Kuwait?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Remember when Iraq did that to Kuwait?
    I think they were attacking them for slant-drilling their oil reserves actually.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I think they were attacking them for slant-drilling their oil reserves actually.
    Are you saying that because you think that justifies murdering innocent civilians, or just noting a technicality? When you figure out how sending arms to Saudi Arabia, something Hillary Clinton wholeheartedly agrees with is somehow a case of putting "America First", please let me know... Remember Saudi Arabia funded and carried out 9/11 with the aid of Israel, who we also shouldn't sell weapons to...

Quote Originally Posted by randbot16 View Post
    Are you saying that because you think that justifies murdering innocent civilians, or just noting a technicality? When you figure out how sending arms to Saudi Arabia, something Hillary Clinton wholeheartedly agrees with is somehow a case of putting "America First", please let me know... Remember Saudi Arabia funded and carried out 9/11 with the aid of Israel, who we also shouldn't sell weapons to...
    Did Iraq's army murder innocent civilians in Kuwait? I have no idea. I don't use the mainstream media has a source for anything, they don't have any credibility.

What happened, was that Kuwait was slant drilling into Iraq's oil fields and so Saddam asked them to stop. They didn't stop, and so Saddam came to the US and asked if he could attack Kuwait (Saddam was our friend and ally, we were arming them and giving them chemical weapons). The US gave Saddam the go-ahead to attack Kuwait for slant drilling into their oil fields after they had asked them to stop. Little did Saddam know the US regime were no longer friends with him anymore, he did something they didn't like and unbeknownst to him they US now wanted him gone.

What happened next, is WWE history. The US deep state created a bunch of bull$#@! propaganda about Iraqi soldiers, babies and incubators to make Saddam look bad so we could go in and attack him.

And no, killing innocent civilians isn't what somebody should do if a country is slant drilling into your oil fields, but I have no evidence that actually happened.
    Last edited by dannno; 05-26-2017 at 02:03 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Did Iraq's army murder innocent civilians in Kuwait? I have no idea. I don't use the mainstream media has a source for anything, they don't have any credibility.

What happened, was that Kuwait was slant drilling into Iraq's oil fields and so Saddam asked them to stop. They didn't stop, and so Saddam came to the US and asked if he could attack Kuwait (Saddam was our friend and ally, we were arming them and giving them chemical weapons). The US gave Saddam the go-ahead to attack Kuwait for slant drilling into their oil fields after they had asked them to stop. Little did Saddam know the US regime were no longer friends with him anymore, he did something they didn't like and unbeknownst to him they US now wanted him gone.

What happened next, is WWE history. The US deep state created a bunch of bull$#@! propaganda about Iraqi soldiers, babies and incubators to make Saddam look bad so we could go in and attack him.

And no, killing innocent civilians isn't what somebody should do if a country is slant drilling into your oil fields, but I have no evidence that actually happened.
    Iraq had one of the largest military in the world. Israel felt threatened. So they got their lapdog to take it out.

and they were developing a really big gun. http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2016...saddam-hussein
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.