Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pro-Trump Congressional Candidate Body Slams Guardian Journalist?

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    No no, you see, they claimed they had the tape and they were planning to release it. See CPUd's posts.

Fox News has yet to release the tape. The question is why? I think I could figure it out if I saw the tape.
    And the stories from the 2 news crews didn't match. The fox crew tried to say he had the guy on the ground and started punching the journalist, the guardian guy didn't even claim to be punched. It all stinks like bull$#@!.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post

As opposed to the other party, which believes...?
    I said that this nonsense fits their logic pattern. I implied nothing about the other party's economic sense.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

How a GOP candidate’s alleged body slam of a reporter played out on the Trump Internet
    By Abby Ohlheiser May 25 at 4:29 PM

Greg Gianforte would like to be the next Republican congressman from Montana. He is also facing a misdemeanor charge of assault after allegedly body-slamming a reporter who tried to ask him a policy question the night before the state’s special election.

The reporter, the audiotape of their exchange and the first-person account of the entire incident by a Fox News journalist all tell a similar story: Gianforte slammed Guardian reporter Ben Jacobs to the ground after he asked him about a Republican health-care bill. Jacobs was persistent but calm, according to the audiotape. The Fox team who witnessed the incident said the reporter showed no signs of “physical aggression” toward the would-be congressman.

A BuzzFeed reporter was also nearby, but she was unable to see the entire incident. Her account doesn’t contradict Jacobs’s.

Gianforte tells a different story, one blaming “aggressive behavior from a liberal journalist.” The campaign’s statement accuses Jacobs of shoving a tape recorder in his face (which is a daily occurrence for sitting congressmen in D.C.). The campaign says that “Greg then attempted to grab the phone that was pushed in his face,” and “Jacobs grabbed Greg’s wrist, and spun away from Greg, pushing them both to the ground.”

One incident, an audio recording, and plenty of witnesses. Two totally different stories. This isn’t unusual, particularly now. The witnesses supporting Jacobs’s account appear to outnumber those supporting Gianforte’s. But Gianforte does have plenty of backing online, particularly among Trump-supporting media personalities who have built careers and followings off a sentiment that the mainstream media is “fake,” biased against conservatives and corrupt. The president’s belief that mainstream journalists are “the enemy of the American People!” is a guiding principle in this world.

The mainstream conversation about all this has focused on a few things:

- What this incident says about current anti-media sentiment, particularly with a president in office who seems to encourage it.
    - Whether this will affect the outcome of Montana’s special election, which is Thursday.
    - How Republicans will respond to this — particularly if Gianforte wins anyway and comes to Washington.

The pro-Trump response has been different.

Question the alleged victim

The Guardian is not a conservative publication, a fact that should have nothing to do with justifying an alleged physical assault on someone who works there. But Jacobs’s employer and personal politics became an early subject of scrutiny for those working to cast doubt on his version of events. Gianforte himself made sure to call Jacobs a “liberal reporter” in his statement.

There’s not exactly a ton of good polling out there on how the nation feels about seeing journalists physically assaulted, but we do know that Trump’s base doesn’t trust the media to tell the truth.

As news of Jacobs’s alleged assault spread, so did a couple of conspiracy theories. Chuck Johnson’s GotNews claimed Jacobs was a “Democratic operative” who assaulted Gianforte, not the other way around. A story posted to Infowars about the incident accused Jacobs of “Interfer[ing] in the election. The post doesn’t question whether Jacobs was body-slammed, but it does seem to think Gianforte should have joked about “taking the fight to the liberal media” in his statement.

Others simply implied that Jacobs deserved to be allegedly assaulted by a person running for public office:

Outside the Trump Internet, the fact that a Fox News reporter corroborated Jacobs’s account was seen as just the sort of thing that might convince conservatives that this story might not be made up. That might be true to some degree, but its power as evidence was limited. The story Infowars ran, for instance, said they thought the account seemed “exaggerated.”

Fox News reporter Alicia Acuna went on Laura Ingraham’s radio talk show on Thursday to talk about what she saw. Ingraham questioned her version of events, and Acuna eventually said it’s possible she saw Gianforte grab Jacobs on either side of his neck, and not by the neck as if to choke him, which is how many inferred her written account of the whole thing (it used the phrase “by the neck”). Although it doesn’t appear that Acuna has walked back her account of Gianforte’s actions beyond that one clarification on the exact placement of the politician’s hands, Ingraham’s Lifezette ran the updated version of events as a “bombshell.” Drudge ran with “witness changes story.”

A tweet from a now-protected Twitter account corroborating Gianforte’s version events was widely circulated (and posted on GotNews) as proof that Jacobs was lying. On r/The_Donald, the popular subreddit devoted to spreading pro-Trump news and memes, an image of the tweet was one of the most popular posts on the board about the whole incident. It doesn’t appear that the alleged witness has provided evidence she was there, as even some comments on the subreddit noted.

Others, like Mike Cernovich, raised the bar for required evidence. Although there is an audio recording of the incident, he said video was needed for the story to be reliable.

Gateway Pundit wrote that it was “strange” there was no video.

Bring up something else

As this story spread, so did a couple of retorts. One of the more popular was to remind liberals that an activist punching white nationalist Richard Spencer in the face on the day of Trump’s inauguration became a meme — something that was widely covered in the media, including by The Washington Post.

"Is it OK to punch a Nazi," the media asked.

Everyone is a Nazi to someone, yes many see journos as "Nazis," too.

This sort of conditional response is a pretty common way that the Trump Internet responds to mainstream stories. It works, for them and their base of dedicated readers, for the same reason that all of the above works: They’ve taken the idea that the mainstream media is the enemy to heart. Bringing up the Nazi meme implies that journalists are hypocrites, which in turn reconfirms the disdain for mainstream journalism and journalists.

Anyway, if all this surprised you, it shouldn’t. This particular way of responding to alleged violence against a journalist by a political figure has happened before, to former Breitbart reporter Michelle Fields. Her own former employer helped to question her story of what happened last year. One of the witnesses was The Post’s Ben Terris, who wrote a piece about how the Trump campaign aggressively tried to get him to doubt the reality he clearly saw.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...trump-internet
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Others, like Mike Cernovich, raised the bar for required evidence. Although there is an audio recording of the incident, he said video was needed for the story to be reliable.
    Fake news. I watched all of his coverage, Mike never said that. Sure, he was waiting for it to come out, but he already said that the audio "wasn't a good look", and he shouldn't have attacked him because personally he doesn't believe in political violence, but that it probably helped him win... because the mainstream leftist media is hated so much by the general population, many would like to see them get beat up. That's how much they are hurting our country. And also because they don't report on leftist violence against Trump supporters, which is WAYYY more common. You can't even walk around with a red hat on without being threatened to get assaulted.. thanks to the media's "punch a nazi" meme, and them calling half the population nazis.

But honestly that is a good question, why hasn't the video been released if they have it?
    Last edited by dannno; 05-26-2017 at 02:39 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Fake news. I watched all of his coverage, Mike never said that.

He said that the audio "wasn't a good look", and he shouldn't have attacked him because personally he doesn't believe in political violence, but that it probably helped him win... because the mainstream leftist media is hated so much by the general population, many would like to see them get beat up. That's how much they are hurting our country. And also because they don't report on leftist violence against Trump supporters, which is WAYYY more common. You can't even walk around with a red hat on without being threatened to get assaulted.. thanks to the media's "punch a nazi" meme, and them calling half the population nazis.
    Related:
    Trump has also masterfully cultivated the resilience of his cult by training them to be both prepped for the coming media onslaught against him, and to disregard anything which sounds bad as simply being “fake news” (even when his own people don’t even bother to deny the story!). Here he has taken a page right about of the Scientology playbook (there are a lot of similarities between Trump and Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard) which prevents their followers from getting outside news about them and prepares them that negative publicity is just another sign that nefarious forces are trying to destroy them because of all the good that they are doing.

This might be the number one element of Trumpsanity which the news media simply doesn’t understand. The more over-the-top they are in their negative coverage of Trump the more his cult completely tunes out any information not sanctioned by a “state-run” media organ, and the more they are convinced that Trump must be doing something right because otherwise the bad guys wouldn’t seem so desperate to destroy him.

Ironically, the news media, like a father trying to get his teenage daughter to stop dating that bad boy, would be far more effective in diminishing Trump’s support if they praised him for becoming such a mainstream/establishment/harmless guy.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...edia-Onslaught
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    That's not an argument.

It's total horse$#@!.

I just told you Cernovich never claimed that a video would be required to hold him accountable, he already said the audio made things look bad for him from a legal standpoint.

You come back with a bunch of horse$#@!.

You literally post nothing but horse$#@!.
    Last edited by dannno; 05-26-2017 at 02:44 PM.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Phony Press needs to suffer far worse than body slams, but I digress.

Quist never had a chance of winning but it was funny to see people get their hopes up

Quote Originally Posted by milgram View Post
    Quist never had a chance of winning but it was funny to see people get their hopes up
    Lol @ the top comments blaming "black voter suppression" for the GOP candidate winning. Clearly this person has never been even remotely near montana.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Lol @ the top comments blaming "black voter suppression" for the GOP candidate winning. Clearly this person has never been even remotely near montana.
    Barely .4%

Historically .3%

Currently no story on this from CNN ABC MSNBC or CPUd
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Gianforte clearly executed a move right out of Putin's playbook.

#RussiaDidit
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

https://twitter.com/CassieABCFOXMT/s...96268738228227

$#@!ing jerkoff.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

wow, was I taken under msm's wing or what? (see my previous posts where I referred to the assaulter as a prick and complained about folks here not believing that the journalist was assaulted given the audio evidence). "film or it didn't happen"? c'mon folks.

way to stand up for freedom, Trumpers.
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123