Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: UAE & Egypt ban Al-Jazeera/Qatar bans Sky News/Al-Arabia sez Qatar supporting terrorism

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    CONFIRMED: Saudi Arabia will continue to lead boycott of Qatar indefinitely
    The New Cold War in the Desert
    http://theduran.com/confirmed-saudi-...-indefinitely/

Pretty good analysis that concisely sums up the intricacies of the Gulf for the medium term future....
    basically a Cold War stalemate seems to be emerging... making for 'strange' bedfellows (typical of a 'Cold War')
    and that's not a BAD thing.
    I can't wait for the next OPEC meeting.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Can't even imagine... oil price is plummeting despite quotas...

===========

BREAKING: Egyptian FM: Arab state demands put to Qatar were never up for negotiation, there is no middle ground
    https://english.alarabiya.net/en/New...ar-crisis.html

For Egypt... it's all about the Muslim Brotherhood support by Sunni Qatar (as well their Libyan terror support).
    Iran has never supported sunni MB, so Egypt/Iran relations are not strained
    but
    Sisi had no choice but to throw in w/ Saudi/UAE against Qatar because of that alone.
    Saudi/UAE is all about the economic threat by Iran/Qatar but they 'disguise it' as 'terror support'.

Qatari vessels blocked from entering #Egyptianports along #SuezCanal

France’s Total To Enter Oil JV with Qatar

http://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/Frances-Total-To-Enter-Oil-JV-with-Qatar.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Goldman Warns Oil Could Plunge Below $40 Absent OPEC "Shock And Awe"
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...-shock-and-awe

Can't imagine... Venezuela is already on life support... Maduro & Putin talked yesterday
    Last edited by goldenequity; 07-11-2017 at 04:56 AM.

AFP news agency
    BREAKING US, Qatar sign agreement on fighting terrorism: Qatari minister
    (terrorist-proxy-maker and terrorist financier sign agreement for fighting fake terrorism they created and supported along with KSA, UAE, Turkey & Israel. )
    aka: you PROMISE to back OUR terrorists not YOUR terrorists. Sign here.

Turkey Deploys "Fifth Batch" Of Troops To Qatar

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-07-11/turkey-deploys-fifth-batch-troops-qatar

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Turkey Deploys "Fifth Batch" Of Troops To Qatar

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-07-11/turkey-deploys-fifth-batch-troops-qatar
    Russian Market
    TURKEY PLANS TO SEND LONG RANGE HOWITZERS TO QATAR: HURRIYET

Saudi-Led Bloc Eases Up On Qatari Demands

http://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/Saudi-Led-Bloc-Eases-Up-On-Qatari-Demands.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

‘Declaration of War’: Controversy Deepens Tensions Between Saudi Arabia and Qatar

Saudi Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubeir told Al-Arabiya on Sunday night:
    “Qatar’s demands to internationalize the holy sites is aggressive and a declaration of war against the kingdom.

Qatari officials have denied accusations by al-Jubeir that its officials
    called for changes in the status of how the annual pilgrimage is administered by Riyadh.

Qatar did, however, accuse the Saudis of politicizing Hajj on Saturday
    during a meeting of the United Nations special rapporteur on freedom of religion.

The state-backed National Human Rights Committee (NHRC) told the UN that
    Qatari citizens were being told that they could only enter Saudi Arabia through two airports
    and that they would have to travel via the Qatari capital of Doha to be allowed in.

“The Saudi authorities have allowed the Qatari pilgrims to enter Saudi Arabia through two airports via Qatar only,
    thus any Qatari citizen located outside Qatar must first return to Qatar then travel to Saudi Arabia,”

Qatar’s foreign minister on Thursday accused Arab states of violating international law
    in their boycott of the country and described the UN as the “right place”
    for Doha to seek options to overcome measures imposed against it.

Anti-Qatar bloc opens 'emergency routes' to Qatari planes

United Arab Emirates (AP) — Four Arab states that have cut diplomatic and transport ties with Qatar said Monday that they have opened up air routes that Qatari planes can use in case of emergency.The United Arab Emirates' foreign ministry said that nine corridors were being opened in coordination with the International Civil Aviation Organization, or ICAO. The official Saudi Press Agency issued a similar statement.
    Qatar denied that any new routes had been made available, however.
    In a statement citing its Ministry of Transport and Communications and the Qatar Civil Aviation Authority, it said no navigation announcements have been released outlining the new corridors.
    The ministry and QCAA alleged that the anti-Qatar bloc was trying to "leak incorrect news" ahead of a meeting of the ICAO council on Monday.
    The ICAO did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/anti-qata...084852837.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Qatar Dispute Back To Square One

http://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Qatar-Dispute-Back-To-Square-One.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Qatar Dispute Back To Square One

http://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Qatar-Dispute-Back-To-Square-One.html
    from 13 DEMANDS to six principles to 13 DEMANDS!!

"We're Back To Square One" - Saudi Bloc Reinstates Demands As Qatar Economy Collapses

Qatar’s imports plummeted due to the blockade imposed by most of its neighbors, and foreign deposits at Qatari banks dropped to their lowest in nearly two years.

However, Qatar has a huge sovereign wealth fund, and boasts considerable foreign exchange reserves. Although Qatar’s non-oil economy is expected to see some pressure due to the fact that it has to use alternative trade routes, the world’s largest LNG exporter has not seen its LNG trade disrupted yet, which is precisely why analysts do not see the blockade as potentially crippling Qatar’s economy. Rather, they see it as merely straining economic growth.

cows
    Qatar is flying in cows from Germany to address milk demand, and is arranging new shipping routes through ports in neutral Oman.
    Last edited by goldenequity; 08-02-2017 at 08:30 AM.

Qatar, Italy: Governments Sign Deal For 7 Navy Vessels Worth 5 Billion Euros

Qatar's government has signed a deal with Italy for seven navy vessels worth five billion euros ($5.91 billion), Qatari Foreign Minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman al-Thani said Aug. 2, Reuters reported.

https://worldview.stratfor.com/situa...-billion-euros

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Qatar Unexpectedly Cuts Credit Suisse Stake

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-16/cash-strapped-qatar-unexpectedly-cuts-credit-suisse-stake

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Despite Sanctions, Qatar Outpaces Saudi Arabia In Economic Growth

http://oilprice.com/Geopolitics/International/Despite-Sanctions-Qatar-Outpaces-Saudi-Arabia-In-Economic-Growth.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Conflict News
    BREAKING: US to withhold $195 million in Egypt military aid because of its failure to make progress on human rights, democracy - @Reuters (uh-huh... nuthin to do w/ Libya. m-mK.)

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    Conflict News
    BREAKING: US to withhold $195 million in Egypt military aid because of its failure to make progress on human rights, democracy - @Reuters (uh-huh... nuthin to do w/ Libya. m-mK.)
    The Associated Press
    Trump adviser Kushner and visiting US officials snubbed by Foreign Ministry in Cairo after US cut aid to Egypt.
    https://www.apnews.com/39bf5caa16e54...&utm_medium=AP

CAIRO (AP) — Egypt’s Foreign Ministry abruptly cancelled a meeting with White House adviser Jared Kushner on Wednesday
    after the Trump administration cut or delayed hundreds of millions of dollars in aid over human rights concerns.

Kushner, who is also President Donald Trump’s son-in-law, stopped in Cairo as part of a Middle East tour
    aimed at exploring ways to revive Israeli-Palestinian peace talks.

Egypt’s top diplomat, Sameh Shoukry, was to meet with Kushner and the U.S. delegation,
    but a modified version of the minister’s schedule showed the meeting had been called off,
    shortly after Kushner’s delegation landed in Cairo.

===========

Before the end of this year, #Russia will supply #Egypt 15 attack helicopters Ka-52 'Alligator'

Last edited by goldenequity; 08-23-2017 at 10:30 AM.

Russia prepares special demonstration of S-400 'Triumf', Pantsir-S air defense systems for Qatar - Shoigu
    Interfax

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Qatar restores diplomatic relations with Iran
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/qatar-res...151531603.html

Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdul-rahman Al Thani and Mohammad Javad Zarif made the phone call prior to Qatar’s announcement of restoring diplomatic relations with the Islamic Republic. Doha’s ambassador left Iran in early 20-16 following the lead of Saudi Arabia and its allies. They did so in protest to attacks on Saudi diplomatic missions in Iran. The attacks were in reaction to Saudi Arabia’s execution of Shia cleric Sheikh Nimr al-Nimr. Doha’s decision comes two months after Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, the United Arab Emirates and Egypt severed ties with Qatar, accusing it of supporting terrorism. Doha denies the accusation.
    Last edited by goldenequity; 08-24-2017 at 01:18 PM.

hahaha... looks like some 'urgent' phone calls were made...
    Jared 'saves face'

Russia, Qatar Vow To Boost Energy, Trade Ties

http://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/Russia-Qatar-Vow-To-Boost-Energy-Trade-Ties.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Iran provides Qatar with more food supplies as Gulf crisis continues
    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article...sis-continues/

Iran takes all necessary steps to assist Qatar in handling international pressure, which Tehran perceives as “unfair” and conflict-inducing, the Iranian president said Thursday in a phone conversation with Qatar’s Emir Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani.

“The Islamic Republic of Iran considers [the pressure] imposed on Qatar to be unfair, as well as inducing aggravation of tension among the countries of the region, and makes all the possible efforts to boost cooperation, provide assistance to the nation and government of Qatar and establish stability in the region,” Rouhani said as quoted by The Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA).

The Iranian president also said that the countries had to expand bilateral consultations and strengthen cooperation, which is in accord with the mutual interests of Tehran and Doha.

Al Thani, in his turn, also welcomed the boost in bilateral cooperation and expressed his gratitude for Iran’s pro-Qatari stance on the international arena.

China's Legend Holdings Corp. will purchase a 90 percent stake in Banque Internationale a Luxembourg SA from members of the Qatari royal family, Reuters reported Sept. 1. Legend Holdings, which also owns Lenovo Group Ltd., will make the acquisition through a Hong Kong subsidiary for $1.76 billion.

https://worldview.stratfor.com/situa...ily-sells-bank

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

USA fight'n the injun of Arabia for almost 100 years now. God bless them, they still want their sovereignty.

China Purchases 14% Of Rosneft From Qatar

http://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/China-Purchases-14-Of-Rosneft-From-Qatar.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Saudi Arabia suspends any dialogue with Qatar: SPA

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/saudi-crown-prince-talks-qatari-emir-gulf-crisis-222926373.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Qatar burns $38 billion in reserves as boycott bites

The gas-rich nation burned through $38.5 billion of its vast financial reserves in June and July, ratings agency Moody's estimated this week. And there's no sign of the dispute being resolved any time soon.

"In the short term, we expect tensions to persist, quite possibly to escalate," Moody's said in a report on Wednesday. "The severity of the dispute is unprecedented."
    On June 5, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain and Egypt cut all diplomatic and transport links with Qatar, accusing it of supporting terrorism. Qatar denies the accusations.
    Qatar had in the past relied heavily on Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates for much its imports, including a third of its food supply. It also imported most of its construction materials from the two countries.
    Now it has to rely on alternative sources such as Turkey and Iran, paying more for food and medicine.
    Pressure on currency and banks
    The crisis has put pressure on the Qatari currency, and the country has been forced to dip into its reserves to maintain the riyal's value against the dollar.
    "The exchange rate has experienced significantly increased volatility since June," said Alexander Kuptsikevich, an analyst at FxPro. "The continuation of the diplomatic crisis causes doubts regarding how capable the authorities will be in terms of maintaining the existing course in the foreseeable future."
    Qatar has also been pumping money into its banks to compensate for sizable capital outflows in June and July.
    Moody's estimated that about $30 billion left the banking system in those months, with more likely to follow.
    Qatar's finance ministry did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

More at: http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/14/news...ves/index.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Qatar’s Energy Sector Shrinks By 2.7% In Q2

http://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/Qatars-Energy-Sector-Shrinks-By-27-In-Q2.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast