Thread: Team Trump tries to block disclosure of ex-lobbyists working for administration

Team Trump tries to block disclosure of ex-lobbyists working for administration

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/firs...it-his-n763491

One of his first acts was to sign an executive order banning members of his administration for becoming lobbyists. But it hasn't stopped lobbyists from joining the administration. They do not want you to find out about it.

Meanwhile, this news appears to undercut another of Trump's campaign promises -- to drain Washington's swamp. "The Trump administration, in a significant escalation of its clash with the government's top ethics watchdog, has moved to block an effort to disclose the names of former lobbyists who have been granted waivers to work in the White House or federal agencies," the New York Times says. "The latest conflict came in recent days when the White House, in a highly unusual move, sent a letter to Walter M. Shaub Jr., the head of the Office of Government Ethics, asking him to withdraw a request he had sent to every federal agency for copies of the waivers. In the letter, the administration challenged his legal authority to demand the information.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Before we can drain the swamp, we must first secure the swamp.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Before we can drain the swamp, we must first secure the swamp.
    I would prefer "We had to destroy the swamp in order to save it".
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I would prefer "We had to destroy the swamp in order to save it".
    Clearly, you don't understand the long game.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Having lobbyists in the white house is such a disaster, that getting rid of them, would be even more of a disaster
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Gosh, ZippyJuan posting all these anti-Don Trump articles must mean he is so liberty minded. Yay!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members