Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trump makes historic visit to Western Wall in Jerusalem 1st sitting US President to do so

When I saw the headline I was thinking Berlin Wall , then I remembered I won the Cold War so I figured he left Saud and went to China which makes sense because chinese food is good . Looks like I missed it .
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Because you think he hated the GOD of the bible?
    That is who that wall belongs to.
    I can assume that the God of Bible is slightly more concerned with things beyond a rock formation.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    I can assume that the God of Bible is slightly more concerned with things beyond a rock formation.
    Still doesn't explain why you think AJ would not have visited it if he was in Jerusalem.
    Or why any sincere Christian or Judaist should not.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

What? No yamaka, scarf, etc.? Perhaps Hillary's giant hair-sprayed birds nest serves to remind her that God is always above her.

Last edited by anaconda; 05-22-2017 at 06:30 PM.

You can tell they're all fakin it. lol.

Pardon my ignorance but why is this a viewed as a negative? I get not wanting to pander to Israel but what's wrong with wanting or going to visit the Western Wall?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudeman View Post
    Pardon my ignorance but why is this a viewed as a negative? I get not wanting to pander to Israel but what's wrong with wanting or going to visit the Western Wall?
    That was my question, and so far, nobody has answered it.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    I really fail to understand why American politicians do this......

romper, bomper, stomper boo,
    tell me, tell me, tell me do ...

He is making sure that people cannot label him as an "Israel hater".
    You fail to see the implications of his visit. It stops the neocon lobby as painting him as anti-Israel. While they may not be on his side, they can't be openly against him because he has gone through the motions that they demand, not without looking foolish at best and intellectually dishonest at worst. In short, Rand isn't letting anyone define him, and this is a way to do it.

If/when the anti-Israel attacks come to Rand, it can simply be pointed out that they are untrue, just look, he met with Israeli leaders and visited the wall. Again, it effectively undermines neocon attacks against him.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

McSame looks like he is actually MADE out of the same material that was utilized in constructing the wall.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    You can tell they're all fakin it. lol.
    Trump is trying to hold back his laughter, cus the wall he's building is gonna be huge.

Like way better, than this "wall"
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Actually, it's a retaining wall.

It's a phony political spectacle at the end of the day. The Israelis like to watch their pets perform for treats.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Still doesn't explain why you think AJ would not have visited it if he was in Jerusalem.
    Or why any sincere Christian or Judaist should not.
    Andrew Jackson did not have a master. That's why he would have not participated in this transparent event. Leave the religious angle out of it for a second.
    Last edited by AuH20; 05-22-2017 at 08:11 PM.

Andrew Jackson did not have a master. That's why he would have not indulged in this transparent event. Leave the religious angle out of it for a second.
    He would have done whatever pleased him, or perhaps the voting public, and the religious angle is "part and parcel" with the western wall.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

It's a phony political spectacle at the end of the day. The Israelis like to watch their pets perform for treats.

Does one need to be Jewish to believe in God?

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

It's become obvious, there are a lot of people who don't know what the West Wall is.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post

romper, bomper, stomper boo,
    tell me, tell me, tell me do ...
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Occam's Banana again.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Occam's Banana again.
    Yes, I'm surprised anybody now days remembers what a Do Bee is.

The unholy alliance between Zionists and Extreme Islam is both obvious and ignored.

and is something that should be considered.

and it mostly is not even discussed.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12