Thread: Fed President Williams Says Gold is Irrelevant in the Monetary System

Fed President Williams Says Gold is Irrelevant in the Monetary System

Subscribe to Smaulgld.com

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In the current monetary system.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    In the current monetary system.
    With guys like Williams populating central banks, gold will continue to remain irrelevant in the financial system- they are determined to remove any value it has. They haven't succeeded but they have capped it
    Subscribe to Smaulgld.com

Since our money isn't backed by gold, they don't care WHAT the price of gold is or if it goes up or down. They do look at overall rates of price inflation which can include the price of gold however.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Since our money isn't backed by gold, they don't care WHAT the price of gold is or if it goes up or down. They do look at overall rates of price inflation which can include the price of gold however.
    Yeah, Zippy, you are as always right. "They" totally do not care if the gold would shoot up to $10k per ounce. It would be a complete non-event.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Yeah, Zippy, you are as always right. "They" totally do not care if the gold would shoot up to $10k per ounce. It would be a complete non-event.
    If only a bank, like, I dunno, say Deutsche Bank, would go on official legal record that metals prices are routinely and systematically suppressed through paper manipulation.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Fed President Williams Says Gold is Irrelevant in the Monetary System
    Gee, I wonder how that happened?

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    If only a bank, like, I dunno, say Deutsche Bank, would go on official legal record that metals prices are routinely and systematically suppressed through paper manipulation.
    Prices up - great investment decision and the market at work! Prices flat or down and it must be manipulation!
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 05-21-2017 at 07:38 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Prices up - great investment decision and the market at work! Prices flat or down and it must be manipulation!
    QE3 never happened and QE4 is not happening.

I can see that it might be in his monetary system . Real money though is very important in my monetary system.
    Do something Danke

Hey Zip, you wouldn't happen to know of any banks admitting to metals price manipulations through paper markets, would you? Please post any links you have about that topic.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Hey Zip, you wouldn't happen to know of any banks admitting to metals price manipulations through paper markets, would you? Please post any links you have about that topic.
    You made Zippy cry again, what a terrible person you are!

Zippy?

In Zippy's absence I think I should go put all of my fiat into bitcoin. It's way different than numbers in a bank account.

But on a serious note, anyone else think the bitcoin rage ($2200+) is a way for the bankers to remove fiat numbers from the ledger (drain FRNs from books) and into a less stable system they can crash at any moment, then claim bitcoin/blockchain was a scam that should have been regulated, and thereby taking over, and re-appropriating blockchain transactions? It has always reeked of a hegelian scheme to me and now it's in the hands of a Malta (ahem, Knights of....) based private equity firm.
    Last edited by devil21; 05-23-2017 at 02:03 AM.

Zippy?

In Zippy's absence I think I should go put all of my fiat into bitcoin. It's way different than numbers in a bank account.

But on a serious note, anyone else think the bitcoin rage ($2200+) is a way for the bankers to remove fiat numbers from the ledger (drain FRNs from books) and into a less stable system they can crash at any moment, then claim bitcoin/blockchain was a scam that should have been regulated, and thereby taking over, and re-appropriating blockchain transactions? It has always reeked of a hegelian scheme to me and now it's in the hands of a Malta (ahem, Knights of....) based private equity firm.
    Nobody owns btc. IF crypto accounted for the all fiat currency it would be much more valuable.
    Last edited by kfarnan; 05-23-2017 at 06:14 PM.