Thread: Trump Told Russians That Firing ‘Nut Job’ Comey Eased Pressure From Investigation

Trump Told Russians That Firing ‘Nut Job’ Comey Eased Pressure From Investigation

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/u...omey.html?_r=0

WASHINGTON — President Trump told Russian officials in the Oval Office this month that firing the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, had relieved “great pressure” on him, according to a document summarizing the meeting.

“I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.

Mr. Trump added, “I’m not under investigation.”

The conversation, during a May 10 meeting — the day after he fired Mr. Comey — reinforces the notion that the president dismissed him primarily because of the bureau’s investigation into possible collusion between Mr. Trump’s campaign and Russian operatives. Mr. Trump said as much in one televised interview, but the White House has offered changing justifications for the firing.

The comments represented an extraordinary moment in the investigation, which centers in part on the administration’s contacts with Russian officials: A day after firing the man leading that inquiry, Mr. Trump disparaged him — to Russian officials.

The White House document that contained Mr. Trump’s comments was based on notes taken from inside the Oval Office and has been circulated as the official account of the meeting. One official read quotations to The Times, and a second official confirmed the broad outlines of the discussion.

Sean Spicer, the White House press secretary, did not dispute the account.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "We Did Not Touch On That At All": Lavrov Denies Trump Said "Comey Is A Nut Job"

In the "he said, she said" world of unconfirmed, unsourced political intrigue, on Friday the US went to sleep with fresh news of the latest diplomatic snafu by Trump, when the NYT reported that during his president with the Russian Foreign minister Lavrov on May 10, Donald Trump said that Comey is a "nut job" and that his firing "eased pressure" from the ongoing Russian investigation.

The exchange in question:

"I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”Mr. Trump added, “I’m not under investigation.”
    Predictably, the alleged exchange was the only thing on the media's mind during Lavrov's press conference on Saturday, in which the Russian Foreign Minister refuted claims that he had discussed the firing of the former FBI director Comey with President Trump.

"We did not touch on that topic at all," Lavrov told reporters on Saturday according to Russia's RIA press agency.
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...-comey-nut-job

You don't trust the NY Slime?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Russia says they may release a copy of transcripts they wrote of their meeting with Trump. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/17/w...ssia.html?_r=0

For those who prefer Russian news service: https://www.rt.com/news/388673-putin...p-lavrov-leak/

which was read to The New York Times by an American official.
    Well, hell, if an frikken American official said it................

Has anyone confirmed or denied Comey as a nut job ?
    Do something Danke