Thread: Venezuela’s Oil Production On The Brink Of Collapse

Default Venezuela’s Oil Production On The Brink Of Collapse

Desperation is spreading in Venezuela as violent protests continue to paralyze the country, further damaging the country’s shattered economy. Venezuela’s already-decrepit oil industry is deteriorating by the day, and an outright implosion is no longer out of the question.

More at: http://oilprice.com/Geopolitics/Inte...-Collapse.html
    “Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.”

Robert A. Heinlein

"Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler"

Groucho Marx

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

What's this years crop of chickens look like?
    "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." - H. L. Mencken

Question ???

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post

What's this years crop of chickens look like?

???

Robert A. Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    ???
    A few months ago, Maduro made some insane comments about solving the food shortage by planting chickens.

Yes, I mean planting chickens: like burying them in the dirt, watering them, and expecting a crop.

Not unlike this insanity, from the USSR.
    "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." - H. L. Mencken

"The push to reopen the Chinese beef market likely was aided by the U.S. approval to allow fully-cooked Chinese chicken to enter the U.S., a deal that was also announced Thursday. Chinese chicken has been banned in the U.S. due to sanitary and health concerns."

Yummm, extra lead.
    Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of apportionment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I see Wikileaks is blaming the US for Venezuela's problems. What a trash organization. It is always the mean old US causing Marxism to fail in Cuba and Chile and Venezuela and the USSR.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post

I see Wikileaks is blaming the US for Venezuela's problems. What a trash organization. It is always the mean old US causing Marxism to fail in Cuba and Chile and Venezuela and the USSR.
    No shortage of idiots out there to eat it up

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post

Why do we impose economic sanctions? Isn't RP for free trade?
    Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of apportionment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Isn't RP for free trade?
    Are you?

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    A few months ago, Maduro made some insane comments about solving the food shortage by planting chickens.

Yes, I mean planting chickens: like burying them in the dirt, watering them, and expecting a crop.

Not unlike this insanity, from the USSR.
    Wow I guess he was watching Spanish language broadcasts of stalag 17 while drunk, "we're gonna plant it [an egg shell] animal, and grow ourselves a chicken for Christmas"

Robert A. Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Skimming the Wikileaks section on Venezuela I found no blame-casting for the country's problems. Where are those allegations?

Corrupt All Thinking Organisms has an interesting albeit lengthy paper of 'the resource curse' up.
    https://www.cato.org/publications/po...-resource-rich
    "Obviously, the lack of any evidence just proves Russia is behind the lack of any evidence." - AZJoe
    "I have a strong temperamental attachment to the meaning of words. In the age I find myself in, that condemns me to a daily dose of pain." - John Derbyshire

Nationalism at work.
    Beyond hope:
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    I think [Trump] is going to cut the [Pentagon] budget.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    [Paul Ryan being kicked out of speakership] happens soon after the vote fails.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Within the first 100 days Trump/Rand will have Ryan gone as Speaker.

Still hopeful:
    Quote Originally Posted by Galileo Galilei View Post
    Expect [a government shutdown] in September.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    I give Trump 1 year to put [Clinton] in jail. See you in January 2018 about this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The Fed is NOT safe from audit, Trump has said he wants to audit the fed and we may have some bills coming up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Nationalism at work.
    Communism.

Robert A. Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Why do we impose economic sanctions? Isn't RP for free trade?
    The only sanctions I found were against specific Venezuelan govt. employees.
    "Obviously, the lack of any evidence just proves Russia is behind the lack of any evidence." - AZJoe
    "I have a strong temperamental attachment to the meaning of words. In the age I find myself in, that condemns me to a daily dose of pain." - John Derbyshire