Thread: Anthony Weiner pleads guilty, will have to register as sex offender

Anthony Weiner pleads guilty, will have to register as sex offender

http://abc7ny.com/news/anthony-weine...minor/2012001/

LOWER MANHATTAN (WABC) -- Disgraced former U.S. Rep. Anthony Weiner has pleaded guilty to transmitting sexual material to a minor and could get years in prison.

He tearfully admitted to a federal judge that he sent obscene material to a high school student in North Carolina he knew to be 15.

Weiner agreed Friday not to appeal any sentence between 21 and 27 months in prison. The federal charge to which Weiner pleaded comes with a sentence of zero to 10 years.
    Weiner agreed to surrender his iPhone as part of the plea agreement. The judge also told him he would have to register as a sex offender.

He is released on $150,000 and is scheduled to be sentenced Sept. 8.

Wearing his wedding ring and a dark blue suit with a maroon tie, Weiner read from a prepared statement after U.S. District Judge Loretta A. Preska addressed him: "Tell me what you did, sir."

He said he "compulsively sought attention from women who contacted me on social media" beginning with his service in Congress and continuing through the first half of last year.

"I engaged with many of them in both sexual and nonsexual conversation," he said. "These destructive impulses brought great devastation to my family and friends and destroyed my life's dream in public service. Yet I remained in denial even as the world around me fell apart."

It was an emotional and halting allocution, and Weiner took frequent pauses for water. He said he knew his conduct was "as morally wrong as it was unlawful."

Weiner's brother was the only family in court to watch as he said he "hit bottom" and began therapy. "I have a sickness," he said, "but I do not have an excuse."

He apologized to "everyone I have hurt," including the girl he "mistreated so badly."

Finished speaking, he wiped his eyes with tissues. The hearing lasted less than a half hour. Afterward, he shook hands with prosecutors, telling them: "Thanks, guys. I appreciate your service."

Acting Manhattan U.S. Attorney Joon H. Kim called Weiner's actions "not only reprehensible, but a federal crime, one for which he is now convicted and will be sentenced."

Weiner turned himself in to the FBI Friday morning and was at federal court at 500 Pearl St., in Manhattan for the arraignment.

Attorney Arlo Devlin-Brown said his client had "made a commitment to make amends." The offense "did not feature aggravating factors often present in cases of this kind."

The FBI began investigating the Democrat in September after a 15-year-old North Carolina girl told a tabloid news site that she and the disgraced former politician had exchanged lewd messages for several months. She also accused him of asking her to undress on camera.

The investigation of his laptop led to the discovery of a cache of emails from Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton to her aide Huma Abedin, Weiner's wife.

The two investigations - into Weiner and into Clinton's use of a private email server - briefly collided and caused then-FBI Director James Comey to publicly reveal agents had reopened the Clinton case days before the election.

Weiner's online behavior first cost him his career in Congress, but he was on the verge of a comeback win in the Democratic primary for NYC mayor when his continued sexting was revealed despite earlier pledges he had overcome the compulsion.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Zero to 10 years... which end of that sentence spectrum you think this DC-pedo will get?

Um, distractaprosecution...
    >_<

Quote Originally Posted by randbot16 View Post
    Zero to 10 years... which end of that sentence spectrum you think this DC-pedo will get?
    Oh he better at the very least get a full disadulation!
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

and the rest of the investigation dies and is buried with this end.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by randbot16 View Post
    If I remember correctly billionaire Jeffrey Epstein pleaded guilty to running a paedophile prostitute ring.

He spent a total of a whopping 13 months in jail, for 6 days a week for a total of 8 hours per day (so he was effectively only in for the night, and only locked up every Sunday).
    If I've calculated this correctly, this amounts to a total of 56 days...

As part of the deal, the paedophile friends of Epstein, that had profitted from the sexual services of the underage prostitutes, were not prosecuted.

I guess that Anthony Weiner is terrified for the US legal system.
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

And what about all the Hillary classified emails he had?
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Another incompetent democratic wench who can't keep her ol' man satisfied;

A part of me wants to cheer cos Anthony Weiner is a scumbag but anyone else find it a little unsettling that the Feds are going to put someone on the sex offender registry because they transmitted sexual material to a 15 yr old? and on top of it all, he could be spending some time in prison.

I know when I was 14/15 someone transmitted sexually explicit content to me in the form of a playboys magazine and I hate to see him go to prison. Sorry but this is ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    Lookie, a man who still supported the pedo promoting and defending troll journalist is now talking about exposing sexual perverts. We all know that it doesn't count if the perv in question aligns with our political ideology. Give me a break

Rolls eyes emoji needs to be updated fast. Time for a money bomb?

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    A part of me wants to cheer cos Anthony Weiner is a scumbag but anyone else find it a little unsettling that the Feds are going to put someone on the sex offender registry because they transmitted sexual material to a 15 yr old? and on top of it all, he could be spending some time in prison.

I know when I was 14/15 someone transmitted sexually explicit content to me in the form of a playboys magazine and I hate to see him go to prison. Sorry but this is ludicrous.
    Grown men should not be relating to children in a manner such as what he chose to do. I hope he goes to prison. The person who sent you playboys at 14-15 if they were an adult should be locked up too.

ignore the leaked emails. ignore obama's 50,000 dollar pizza expenditures. ignore the podesta brothers. ignore the pictures of stainless steel rooms. ignore the children who disappear never to be found.

pay attention to a man who sent a picture to a teenager.
    >_<

Quote Originally Posted by merkelstan View Post
    ignore the leaked emails. ignore obama's 50,000 dollar pizza expenditures. ignore the podesta brothers. ignore the pictures of stainless steel rooms. ignore the children who disappear never to be found.

pay attention to a man who sent a picture to a teenager.
    And the 'newlywed' political adviser who signed on to "have and to hold from this day forward".....

Doesn't matter if it's a man or a woman who steps out on the marriage the other half incurs half the blame for inattentiveness if no other reason...

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Another incompetent democratic wench who can't keep her ol' man satisfied;

That's because she was keeping Hillary satisfied.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to donnay again.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    *ba-dump-tissssshhhhh*

donnay wins today's Internet.

Everyone else, please try again tomorrow.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

In case, anybody forgot, this wasn't just about sending images, he was clearly grooming this girl--while sending her sexually suggestive photos of himself.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...fantasies.html
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Anthony Weiner sent a 15-year-old girl the following explicit message:
    I would bust that tight pus$y so hard and so often that you would leak and limp for a week
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...er_dailymailus

I’m just happy that the FBI took over the investigation of everything besides the “sexting”.
    I wouldn’t want to know what dirty secrets they found on his laptop in the folder “life insurance”…
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty