Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BREAKING: US Bombs Assad (Again)

BREAKING: US Bombs Assad (Again)

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/33...itary-in-syria

U.S. forces bombed a militia aligned with Syrian president Bashar Assad in southern Syria, a Pentagon official confirmed Thursday. The strike took place in At Tanf near Syria's border with Jordan and Iraq, the official said. The United States has been using the area to train its partnered local forces. The official could not immediately provide more information on the strike, including whether the strike was in defense of the partnered forces and the makeup of the militia that was struck. A statement from U.S. Central Command will come shortly, the official said.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 05-18-2017 at 11:30 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Won't be surprised if it is wag the dog move hitting few empty runways/trees to distract...
    Following the last attack on Assad: Trump Sees Uptick In Approval Rating After Syria Airstrike.

That said, it's also the natural continuation of Trump's inherited regime change policy in Syria.

This was going to happen anyway, and will be happening again, but I agree that the timing of this particular strike is likely political.

Nice! I bet he got at least 30, maybe even 50
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Details of US attack on Syrian military in southern Syria:

The U.S. Coalition attacked a Syrian military convoy traveling through the southeastern countryside of the Homs Governorate, today, the Pentagon reported.

The Pentagon claimed a Syrian military convoy was heading towards their positions, when they decided to issue a warning; this was ignored, so the Coalition attacked the convoy.

Al-Masdar reached out to the Syrian military for details regarding today’s attack by the U.S. Coalition; so far, this is what’s known:

• The U.S. Coalition warplane entered Syrian airspace from the Jordanian border.
    • Six military personnel were killed and another three were wounded.
    • A convoy of five T-62 tanks were hit by the U.S. Coalition.
    • Two tanks were destroyed.
    • A Shilka was damaged.
    • Convoy consisted of soldiers from the Syrian Arab Army (SAA), National Defense Forces (NDF), Hezbollah, and Imam Al-‘Ali Battalions.
    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article...outhern-syria/

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article...sweida-report/

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017...n-syria-video/

So first we accidentally bomb Syrian side for an hour.
    Then we bomb cuz Trump is a dupe for Al Qaeda propaganda.
    Now we bomb because Syrian allies are marching down a Syrian road and we "feel threatened".

I'm losing the energy to even comment on anything anymore. Everything is so blatantly over-the-top ridiculous in nearly every context even detached sarcastic mocking seems overly redundant.

I mean what's our rationale again, just want to make sure I got it straight:

Assad is a dictator.
    His use of chemical weapons created a civil war.
    That civil war allows ISIS and Al Qaeda to flourish.
    We need to train people covertly by sending our troops into Syria and occupying Syrian territory so that we can train some of the less "Jihadi" militants to help join the anti-Assad side of this conflict but also push back against the really bad Jihadi's.
    This is all legal because 9/11 even though 16 of 19 hijackers were Saudi, and next week our President will go bow to the Saudi Kings.
    If you have a problem with any of this you are a Russian spy.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    Now we bomb because Syrian allies are marching down a Syrian road and we "feel threatened".

I'm losing the energy to even comment on anything anymore. Everything is so blatantly over-the-top ridiculous in nearly every context even detached sarcastic mocking seems overly redundant.

Assad is a dictator.
    We need to train people covertly by sending our troops into Syria and occupying Syrian territory so that we can train some of the less "Jihadi" militants to help join the anti-Assad side of this conflict but also push back against the really bad Jihadi's.
    This is all legal because 9/11 even though 16 of 19 hijackers were Saudi, and next week our President will go bow to the Saudi Kings.
    Bottom line is that it costs money to store and maintain missiles and bombs, so by using them we are saving money.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Assad is a dictator.
    But I am done with Amish because he doesn't like Trump.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Bottom line is that it costs money to store and maintain missiles and bombs, so by using them we are saving money.
    Bombs are consumable goods. Like Snickers bars. Commie.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

That is anti establishment Trump for you, just look at him going after the deep state and siding with Russia by bombing their ally. I wonder if idiot Amash would now rethink his impeachment call.

I hope he wins his fight with the deep state

"Keep Syria bleeding, that will suffice."

Assad is a dictator.
    Some people out there are telling the truth: "We just want to bleed Syria"

US Warplanes Attack Pro-Assad Forces in Southern Syria

US Warplanes Attack Pro-Assad Forces in Southern Syria

Accuses Forces of Getting Within 55 km (34 miles) of US Training Base

US warplanes attacked a vehicle convoy in what they are describing as a “deescalation zone” near al-Tanf, identifying the targets are Pro-Assad forces, and destroying multiple vehicles. Casualty figures are as of yet unknown, and the US is claiming the attack was “defensive in nature.”

A number of questions are unclear, as the US is identifying the targets as “Assad forces” or “regime vehicles,” but some media reports identify them as simply Shi’ite militias. The deescalation zone appears to refer to the southern safe zone in Syria, around Daraa.

That’s confusing, however, because Pentagon officials also claim the targeted forces were within 55km (34 miles) of a “US training base” at al-Tanf, where US ground troops are stationed, and the Daraa safe zone appears farther away from the area that base is in.

The US described the base as housing special forces training rebels to fight against the Assad government. The Tanf base has also been a target of ISIS in recent weeks. They are insisting the presence of those special forces justified the attack on the convoy, insisting it was purely defensive and does not mark a change in US policy.

US officials also appear confused about the timing of the attack, claiming they warned Russia that the convoy was inside the safe zone and gave Russia time to try to get in contact with them, which other officials presented the “warning” as a military show of force, sending warplanes to “buzz” the convoy a couple of times then attacking when they didn’t turn around.
    http://news.antiwar.com/2017/05/18/u...outhern-syria/

More intervention from the current DGP. No change no surprise.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Conflicting reports on whether these bombings were authorized by Trump (they are supposed to be) or whether McMaster went around him.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

https://twitter.com/airwars/status/865162578523238400
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Conflicting reports on whether these bombings were authorized by Trump (they are supposed to be) or whether McMaster went around him.
    If McMaster went around Trump, and Trump didn't raise a peep of objection, does it matter?

Would Trump be any less responsible?

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    If McMaster went around Trump, and Trump didn't raise a peep of objection, does it matter?

Trump didn't $#@! the bed his dumbass cuck supporters did when they supported the guy who said he would of ran third party in 2011 if Ron Paul was the Republican nominee and supported Mitt Romney when Mitt Romney was the nominee, and said that a vote for Ron Paul in the Iowa caucus was a wasted vote? What do you think would of happened if Ron Paul handedly won Iowa, I'll give you a hint he would of won NH.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Trump didn't $#@! the bed his dumbass cuck supporters did when they supported the guy who said he would of ran third party in 2011 if Ron Paul was the Republican nominee and supported Mitt Romney when Mitt Romney was the nominee, and said that a vote for Ron Paul in the Iowa caucus was a wasted vote? What do you think would of happened if Ron Paul handedly won Iowa, I'll give you a hint he would of won NH.
    Agreed

They don't get it yet though (many never will, I'm sorry to say).

Don't forget Ivanka and Jared. It could have been them too.
    A sense of danger gives birth to fear. And fear is the time-honored cross for the crucifixion of liberty.

Yes, because there is good chance that Trump doesn't know that this happened and will probably never know.
    A sense of danger gives birth to fear. And fear is the time-honored cross for the crucifixion of liberty.

Agreed

They don't get it yet though (many never will, I'm sorry to say).
    Yeah even though Trump was cool with the NEVERRONPAUL neocons and brought them with him to his cabinet. I am confident if Rand Paul wasn't there John Bolton would be the secretary of state. He definitely wasn't shy about keeping Reince Priebus around.

Standard leftist procedure. "Safe zones" are now actually military training camps.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Standard leftist procedure. "Safe zones" are now actually military training camps.

I put into google maps for directions from Tanf, Syria to Daraa, Syria: by land it takes 4 hours and 45 minutes. How can the U.S. Pentagon argue that a town 4 hours and 45 minutes away from a declared safe zone in Daraa was even part of that safe zone? The Syrians purposely did not include Tanf, Syria as part of the safe zone because they want to re-implement the Damascus to Baghdad highway which goes right through Tanf, Syria which is near the Syrian/Iraqi border. And members of the Popular Mobilization Forces, which is sponsored by the Iraqi government and has fought in Mosul, also want that connection between the two countries because they feel an alliance with the Assad government. And you are right, Hillary and Obama safe zones were always about using these areas as military training camps. But my understanding is that the town of Tanf in Syria was never even included in the safe zones agreement. There is so much propaganda being spewed right now by our government and the prostitutes in the U.S. media it is difficult to figure out what they are saying and why they are saying it.

Last edited by charrob; 05-18-2017 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Add picture.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Syrian Army reinforcements pour into the Syrian desert despite US airstrikes

Syrian Army reinforcements pour into the Syrian desert despite US airstrikes:

On Thursday evening, the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) sent over a dozen technicals to the Damascus-Baghdad highway to reinforce contingents bombed by the United States Air Force earlier in the day.

The newly arrived SAA reinforcements will spearhead a drive towards the Al-Tanf border crossing with Iraq alongside the National Defence Forces (NDF), Hezbollah (Lebanese paramilitary), Imam Al-Ali Battalions (Iraqi paramilitary) and the Syrian Social Nationalist Party (Syrian paramilitary).

However, government forces must stiffen their salient east of Damascus and deploy anti-aircraft units if they are to avoid renewed attacks from US jets and US-trained Free Syrian Army proxies lurking in the vast Syrian desert.

Meanwhile, SAA units are also advancing against FSA rebels in eastern Sweida, capturing a large swath of rural territory on Thursday.

Over 100 SAA soldiers have been killed by US airstrikes, mostly at Deir Ezzor, over the 12 months. Nevertheless, the SAA is yet to conduct a single direct hostility against US troops whom are present in both northern and southern Syria despite vocal objections from Damascus.
    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article...us-airstrikes/

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    But I am done with Amish because he doesn't like Trump.
    You need to quit picking on the Amish. They are relatively peaceful. Now the Catholics with their globalist social justice communist Pope on the other hand...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Is Trump going to give another bull-ish speech about beautiful babies?
    What is his justification going to be this time?

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    Yes, because there is good chance that Trump doesn't know that this happened and will probably never know.
    LOL, that may well be true (at least that he wouldn't know the details), but that's still no excuse.

So is this a good intervention or a bad intervention r3v?
    "The Patriarch"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast