Thread: Study Finds Dating Apps Lower Self-Esteem

Study Finds Dating Apps Lower Self-Esteem

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...lf-esteem.html

Editor’s Note: There’s really no surprise that birth rates are falling in the West considering how people are increasingly isolated and powerless by technology that demoralizes the individual.

Online dating will damage your self-esteem and leaves people more upset about how they look.

A study has found putting pictures online, to be judged by strangers who can swipe right if they like you or left to reject you, only leads to insecurity.

People who have signed up to online dating are less happy with their face and body, worry more about being attractive and compare themselves to others.

The findings affect more than nine million people in Britain who have used a dating site or app. Those who have never looked for a partner online were found to spend much less time thinking about their appearance because they were not being ‘validated by others’.

The US study, published in the journal Body Image, states that dating sites give people only a short space to write about themselves, so that they are mainly judged on their photos.

Duh.

Oh, and those dating apps that all use pics? Women have constantly rated that only about 20% of the mens profiles they view are considered attractive. Thats gotta really boost your self esteem if youre part of the 80% right?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Sometimes, it is so, I agree. But there are some online dating services for specific people like dating over 40 or 50 which don't lower your self-esteem, I guess. I would really go for such services
    Last edited by Davideer; 06-23-2017 at 03:02 AM.

...published in the journal Body Image,...

LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

But I like dating apps anyway...