Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump considering Joe Lieberman for FBI Director

Trump considering Joe Lieberman for FBI Director

Taking on that deep state by putting one neocon in power after another in 4 dimensional chess

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whit...spicer-n761151
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries
    yeah right. I dont need ot read the article to know they are quoting "white house officials who wish to remain anonymous" or "white house experts" or just "experts say".

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    yeah right. I dont need ot read the article to know they are quoting "white house officials who wish to remain anonymous" or "white house experts" or just "experts say".
    He is meeting with him, doesn't mean he is on the short list. Spicer may think he is.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

If this is not fakenews or Trump tease parading Lieberman like he did with Romney, do Trump people really think placing a neocon at this post would provide some shield against attacks from fakenews media?

Well it might, but still it would be horrible idea if this is true.

Iraq/Afghanistan wars disabled 624,000 US troops , Divorces up 42%, Foreclosures up 217%

Joe Lieberman's Benghazi Connection

Potentially Related

Lieberman's Racist Incitement Must Be Condemned

In his quest to score political points among the extreme right, Israel's foreign minister is trampling the basic values of a democratic regime, and setting citizens against one another.
    Jul 22, 2014
    http://www.haaretz.com/opinion/1.606483

Donald Trump Calls for Israeli-Style Racial Profiling
    Israel's racial profiling at its borders has been rife with abuses that stand in contrast with American values of equal treatment and safeguarding personal liberties.
    The Intercept

Quick fix for Trump's dropping media poll numbers: He should immediately hug Netanyahu

Talk to me when this is an actual nomination.
    Dump likes to "consider" lots of people from all over the spectrum, it keeps everyone guessing.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Sounds like Spicer was instructed to send up a trial balloon and see how people react.

LOL @ an official statement from Press Secretary Sean Spicer as an 'anonymous source.' c'mon dude, you can do better than that.

Draining that swamp...

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 05-17-2017 at 11:48 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Worst Senator ever?

Politics is wrestling, these people are pretending to hate each other. Trump and the Deep state are on the same side against the people attacking and defending Trump. There will be no progress in the world until people realize this simple, obvious fact.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Politics is wrestling, these people are pretending to hate each other. Trump and the Deep state are on the same side against the people attacking and defending Trump. There will be no progress in the world until people realize this simple, obvious fact.
    You mean I will have to leave the peanut gallery?

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

There are different factions housed within the deep state. The ongoing assault on Trump illustrates this.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    There are different factions housed within the deep state. The ongoing assault on Trump illustrates this.
    Lets just assume you are correct, what makes you think Trump's deep state faction is any better for the average man than say a Clinton deep state faction? I think this is all a sick game put on to keep us invested in one of the 2 camps. I think the only winner would be the deep state who has 2 groups of passionate supporters cheering for their two biggest wrestling stars.

This is why it is so annoying when you see a man like Amash(anti Trump derangement syndrome) and Napolitano (pro Trump kiss a** syndrome) buying into it.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    You mean I will have to leave the peanut gallery?
    Nah, enjoy the show just don't lose yourself in it. It is not worth the stress.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Still unproven.
    Fox News is reporting that Lieberman is the "front-runner" to be the new FBI Director.

Lindsey and McCain are busy, but a better choice might be Hillary. She needs a job.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Well, maybe Donny just needs a "jew boy" on his side. After all, Nixon had Kissinger.

Video Interview:

Brian Lamb: Is it true that Richard Nixon called him [Kissinger] my Jew Boy to his face?

Robert Dallek: Oh yes. And behind his back. And he'd say things to him - he'd say ugly things about Jews and then he'd say, "Well isn't that right, Henry? Isn't that right?" And Kissinger would say, "Well, Mr. President, there are Jews and there are Jews."

Or Kissinger, Nixon--they'd have some discussion about the Middle East in a group meeting, maybe at the NSC, and Kissinger would talk about the Middle East and then Nixon would say, "Now can we get an American point of view?"

https://www.c-span.org/video/?197600-1/qa-robert-dallek

LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Fox News is reporting that Lieberman is the "front-runner" to be the new FBI Director.

Lindsey and McCain are busy, but a better choice might be Hillary. She needs a job.
    This dumbass must want to be removed from office.

Trump has met with four candidates so far: http://www.businessinsider.com/here-...oe-lieberman-1

On May 17, White House press secretary Sean Spicer told reporters that Trump was meeting with four candidates for the role — Joe Lieberman, Andrew McCabe, Frank Keating and Richard McFeely.
    There are supposed to be ten others also under consideration.

Lets just assume you are correct, what makes you think Trump's deep state faction is any better for the average man than say a Clinton deep state faction? I think this is all a sick game put on to keep us invested in one of the 2 camps. I think the only winner would be the deep state who has 2 groups of passionate supporters cheering for their two biggest wrestling stars.
    That's certainly the effect of the system, but I don't think it's (usually) planned to the extent you suggest.

There are frequently real fights, because there's only so much boodle to go around.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Trump picks Lieberman associate Kasowitz as personal lawyer in Russia probe

By: ANA RADELAT | May 23, 2017

Washington – President Donald Trump’s decision to hire attorney Marc Kasowitz to serve as his private lawyer during federal and congressional Russia probes has dimmed former Connecticut Sen. Joe Lieberman’s chances of becoming the next FBI chief.

Kasowitz, a New York attorney who has represented Trump in legal matters before, is the senior partner in the Kasowitz Benson Torres law firm that hired Lieberman after he retired from the Senate in 2013. Fox Business and ABC were the first to report Kasowitz’s hiring on Tuesday afternoon.

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Senate Democrats, who are opposed to having Lieberman replace ousted FBI director James Comey, had already grumbled about the connection between Lieberman, Kasowitz and Trump.

Kasowitz’s representation of Trump during the Russia probe would be likely to pose a conflict of interest if Lieberman were head of the FBI.

Trump last week said Lieberman was a front-runner for the FBI job. But that was before Senate Democrats made clear they would oppose the nomination, which has also been rejected by American civil liberties groups.

Trump’s comments about Lieberman also were made before his decision to hire an outside counsel.

News that Kasowitz was chosen to represent the president during investigations into links between Moscow and Trump associates by special counsel Robert Mueller and four congressional committees came after former CIA Director John Brennan testified about those links Tuesday.

Brennan said he became concerned last year that the Russian government was trying to influence members of the Trump campaign to act, perhaps unwittingly, on Moscow’s behalf.

“I encountered and am aware of information and intelligence that revealed contacts and interactions between Russian officials and U.S. persons involved in the Trump campaign that I was concerned about because of known Russian efforts to suborn such individuals,” Brennan told members of the House Intelligence Committee.
    https://ctmirror.org/2017/05/23/trum...-russia-probe/
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    He is meeting with him, doesn't mean he is on the short list. Spicer may think he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    In the event he does pick Lieberman (who fits in so nicely with the other neocons in the WH) can we have a preview of the Trumpsplanation?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    In the event he does pick Lieberman (who fits in so nicely with the other neocons in the WH) can we have a preview of the Trumpsplanation?
    Something something something, Paul Ryan, and cuck.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    He's not going to, just like he didn't make John Bolton Secretary of State. Just like I said he wouldn't. Even though you were blowing a gasket and quite sure he would, and attacking him for it.

http://www.newsweek.com/fbi-director...-russia-614981

WHO WILL BE THE NEXT FBI DIRECTOR? TRUMP’S SEARCH STALLS AS RUSSIA INVESTIGATION EXPANDS

<snip>

At least five contenders have withdrawn their names from consideration for the position: former Assistant United States Attorney General Alice Fisher, New York State Court of Appeals Associate Judge Michael Garcia, Senator John Cornyn, U.S. Representative Trey Gowdy and former FBI official Richard McFeely.

The president interviewed candidates on May 17 and said he could name his pick by the end of the week. The following day, citing several White House officials and advisers, Politico reported that Lieberman was the front-runner. The president was also considering former Oklahoma Governor Frank Keating and acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe. Earlier in the search process, he had considered former Republican congressman Mike Rogers and Fran Townsend, who had been an adviser to President George W. Bush.
    Keating, who was governor from 1995 to 2003 and worked as an FBI agent for a few years after law school, says he has not withdrawn his name from consideration and has not heard from the White House about the position since the meeting. “I have no idea who’s on the list, who’s not on the list,” he says about the potential candidates.

Responding to the report that the search process is restarting, he says, “I think it’s healthy to reset and re-examine who they’ve seen and whether or not they need to consider a number of other people. I think that’s best for the country.” He adds, joking, “Now for individual candidates such as I, it may not be the best thing.” Keating works at the law firm Holland and Knight, which has ties to Trump’s presidential transition team.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Thank you for keeping us up to date on this issue even if you are a day late and a dollar short.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Thank you for keeping us up to date on this issue even if you are a day late and a dollar short.
    Um- that was just today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast